ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2961 of 4910
« First < 1961246128612911295129572958295929602961 296229632964296529713011306134613961 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:37 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I’m saying Teddy is not a great QB.
And I'm saying that good organizations and loaded rosters don't need a great QB to be respectable.

Minnesota isn't even a very good organization and didn't have a great roster and he won 11 games.

You guys always blame the QBs, even though they all have more success elsewhere. Watch Lock have a solid career in Seattle.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:41 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
And I'm saying that good organizations and loaded rosters don't need a great QB to be respectable.

Minnesota isn't even a very good organization and didn't have a great roster and he won 11 games.

You guys always blame the QBs, even though they all have more success elsewhere. Watch Lock have a solid career in Seattle.
I don't know about a solid career, but he'll probably have much better success this year in Seattle if he gets regular playing time.

Having Lockett and Metcalf to throw to at WR is a much better situation than the garbage the Donkos trot out there at the WR spot . . . . . .
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:44 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I don't know about a solid career, but he'll probably have much better success this year in Seattle if he gets regular playing time.

Having Lockett and Metcalf to throw to at WR is a much better situation than the garbage the Donkos trot out there at the WR spot . . . . . .
I don't have any issues with Lock and he has a good arm. I'm not sure that he's wired to be that leader that you need/want at the QB spot. Then again, not a lot of consistency with coaching the last few years.

Lock had a few shining moments in Denver and I'm sure he'll have a few in SEA. Week 1 will be interesting.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:52 PM 07-13-2022
Lock is mutt trash. He’ll never be worth a damn anywhere. He will only plummet the value of those wrs. Russ is going to really really miss throwing to those guys though
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:17 PM 07-13-2022
He'll make videos with his Wrs once their weaned
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:05 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by CaptJack:
Condo Rice now too
Just another reason to hate the Donks. :-)
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:35 AM 07-14-2022
All hail the Donkeys.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:13 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Please elaborate on what constitutes a "more solid cast" from last season?
I don't believe I answered this one for you, referring to Jeudy.

Simply put, I think when you look at the 2022 Broncos and the 2021 Broncos - they are a better team. The coaching staff (while young) is better than what they had... yes, Fangio's presence on defense will be missed, but the defense will not all of a sudden just suck.

The OL group - I'll let others judge them, I've never been a great evaluator of talent with the big uglies.

Defensively, they lost Miller during the season and no longer have Shelby. Ok, but they've made some interesting moves during the offseason and in the draft, so we will see how that goes.

I look at the things above and the new coaches and I'll this team every week over what they rolled out in 2021.

Regarding Jeudy - which is what started this whole thing... health with the WRs has been the main issue. Sutton missed all of the season when Jeudy and Hamler were rookies. Last year, Jeudy missed 6 straight games.

I believe this new offensive coaching staff will understand how to maximize this offense. Feel free to shoot holes in all of that.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:29 AM 07-14-2022
Denver has as many holes in their roster as any AFC team
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:03 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Denver has as many holes in their roster as any AFC team
I certainly have never said it was a perfect roster or a championship caliber roster. Hell, I'm on record saying they'll miss the playoffs.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:03 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I don't believe I answered this one for you, referring to Jeudy.

Simply put, I think when you look at the 2022 Broncos and the 2021 Broncos - they are a better team. The coaching staff (while young) is better than what they had... yes, Fangio's presence on defense will be missed, but the defense will not all of a sudden just suck.
  • Offensively, the QB is an obvious upgrade.
  • The RB tandem knows what they did in 2021 and they will continue to improve.
  • The WRs/TE group... only lost Fant really.
  • If they can stay healthy, it will be the first time they have all been available to play together. Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, Hamler can be a top 10 WR group easily.
  • TE group - Albert O and Greg Dulcich (rookie) provide nice options.

The OL group - I'll let others judge them, I've never been a great evaluator of talent with the big uglies.

Defensively, they lost Miller during the season and no longer have Shelby. Ok, but they've made some interesting moves during the offseason and in the draft, so we will see how that goes.

I look at the things above and the new coaches and I'll this team every week over what they rolled out in 2021.

Regarding Jeudy - which is what started this whole thing... health with the WRs has been the main issue. Sutton missed all of the season when Jeudy and Hamler were rookies. Last year, Jeudy missed 6 straight games.

I believe this new offensive coaching staff will understand how to maximize this offense. Feel free to shoot holes in all of that.
I took your original post to mean the supporting cast around Wilson. Obviously if you include Wilson, the roster is better than before. But I think a lot of people would argue that the supporting cast is weaker. No Miller, Fant or Harris. Three pretty big pieces. No decent backup QB. No stars were added, and the first draft pick was #64.

Coaching staff is an unknown, and frankly I don't see any reason to assume that they'll be anything vastly better than what they've had in past years. We can reasonably assume that defensive coaching will likely be a downgrade.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:06 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I took your original post to mean the supporting cast around Wilson. Obviously if you include Wilson, the roster is better than before. But I think a lot of people would argue that the supporting cast is weaker. No Miller, Fant or Harris. Three pretty big pieces. No stars were added, and the first draft pick was #64.

Coaching staff is an unknown, and frankly I don't see any reason to assume that they'll be anything vastly better than what they've had in past years. We can reasonably assume that defensive coaching will likely be a downgrade.
I don't count Miller because they lost him before the season ended in 2021.

We will see if Gregory keeps his shit straight and warrants the FA contract he signed. They made some other moves too. So, losing Fant/Shelby... those aren't crippling losses.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:41 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I certainly have never said it was a perfect roster or a championship caliber roster. Hell, I'm on record saying they'll miss the playoffs.
You know damn well that a good segment of your moron fans think you're on KCs level
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:42 PM 07-14-2022
Denver added nothing to a depleted roster other than a fat, declining QB
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:42 PM 07-14-2022
Almost forgot about Jerry Jeudy. Like most Alabama wide receivers He's got bust written all over him. He's got the b the u the s and he has an opportunity to get the t this season. He's not open when he's supposed to be. He hasn't gotten a lot of help from the slew of quarterbacks that have been in and out of the carousel. In 2 years I expect to see him in another uniform at this point.
[Reply]
Page 2961 of 4910
« First < 1961246128612911295129572958295929602961 296229632964296529713011306134613961 > Last »
Up