ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 296 of 3903
« First < 196246286292293294295296 2972982993003063463967961296 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:29 PM 03-15-2020
We are jumping off the ledge. Closing schools for months. Shutting down all restaurants and bars. Canceling all sports.

It is just starting to feel like people are panicking for the sake of panicking. I mean in WA most and I mean almost all of the deaths are from a nursing home or nursing homes. So you shut down schools for 2 months?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:30 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Stupid question here and I already know the answer just seeing if anyone else feels this way.....

Like I said I work in a building with thousands. My part time job is bartending. I think it's extremely irresponsible for me to continue this during a pandemic but I literally have no options i'll eventually lose my place, my electricity etc if I sit this out until they give us permission.

Pretty much me and I'm sure many reading this are in the same situation and we're ****ed right? No options other than the obvious continue working?
Dude go to work !! Just practice good common sense hygiene which I am sure you already do considering your profession and you are fine.:-)

This is way way way overblown for obvious politics and network(rating) reasons.:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 09:31 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Some of you know my mothers situation. Nurse Practitioner at Menorah, came down with classic CV symptoms a couple days after the first JOCO patient was diagnosed, but the state refused to test her due to her having not “been in contact with someone infected or traveled internationally.”

She is still self-quarantining and, though feeling much better, has not fully recovered.

The night before she got sick, she stayed at my brothers house.

He, his fiancée, and both of their kids now have a 100+ Fever and a dry cough.

My brother refuses to go to the doctor, saying it’s just the flu and they’ll ride it out. He doesn’t make much money and is concerned about the costs associated with going in.

This is why our system is ****ing broken. This is why we won’t contain this thing until it runs its course. People fear our expensive as **** healthcare system more than they utilize it.

I’ve tried to get the kid to go in and get tested. He isn’t budging.

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.
I understand your concern but you are not helping. If you want to help you need to get them to CALL the doctor. Do not self diagnose. Do not just go into an ER or doctor's office. If your Mom works at Menorah she should be the first to tell you this.

Also tell your brother that they are passing a law to make the testing for CV free.

Also, given their ages, they will be fine. They might get sick but they are not in the profile of a critical case.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:32 PM 03-15-2020
Also, Menorah has asked my mom to not “say anything about this, as they don’t want to scare off the public.”

So, ya know, fuck Menorah.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:34 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We are jumping off the ledge. Closing schools for months. Shutting down all restaurants and bars. Canceling all sports.

It is just starting to feel like people are panicking for the sake of panicking. I mean in WA most and I mean almost all of the deaths are from a nursing home or nursing homes. So you shut down schools for 2 months?
I don't know that they are "panicking" so much as they are doing the CYA thing "just in case" this gets really really dangerous (which it is not IMHO) because it would have gotten dangerous a long time ago with much much bigger numbers by now which hasn't happened.:-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:34 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
Even if/when they do give you permission to stay home how are you going to pay your bills? Do you expect them to pay you anyway?
Yes. That is what they have promised. Granted it is only 66.6% but all banks and government institutions are letting everyone not have to pay a month if they need. The Fed is reducing interest rates including student loans. Suspending payments for up to 3 months.
Where have some of you been?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:34 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Time for perspective...

Approximately .000009% of the total US population currently has a confirmed case of COVID-19.

Of that tiny %, 80% will have minimal to no symptoms.

65 people have died from COVID-19... .00000017% of the population, which means you are more likely to die in America from a lightening strike.

I am all for a measured (keyword: MEASURED) response to combating COVID-19, but that ship has sailed when you start closing restaurants, banning gatherings, etc.

This response is the equivalent of banning all vehicles/driving to eliminate deaths/injuries from auto accidents.

A key to effective public policy and good governance is measured and reasonable actions that will encourage adherence.
This is just downright ignorant.
[Reply]
tk13 09:35 PM 03-15-2020

I'm amazed people are actually doing this. I said like 3-4 weeks ago there was no way we were going to stop this unless we kept people apart for a few weeks. I didn't think people in the US would have any interest in doing that. They still might not... but we're taking steps I didn't think we'd have the guts to take just because of the economic hit. But it's either try and do this now, or wait it out until you get 75-100K cases and the economy takes a hit anyway.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:35 PM 03-15-2020

This is why a measured approach is important.

This DEFCON-5 shit can’t be maintained. People will easily get fatigued with the draconian measures (especially when COVID-19 won’t seriously sicken a vast majority of Americans).

I get listening to the doctors/medical experts to an extent, but they are biased to go to the worst case extremes.

Government leaders need to take the information from the doctors/medical experts and apply it in the most measured way possible.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:37 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This is why a measured approach is important.

This DEFCON-5 shit can’t be maintained. People will easily get fatigued with the draconian measures (especially when COVID-19 won’t seriously sicken a vast majority of Americans).

I get listening to the doctors/medical experts to an extent, but they are biased to go to the worst case extremes.

Government leaders need to take the information from the doctors/medical experts and apply it in the most measured way possible.
The medical experts are concerned and the government leaders are listening. What does that tell you?
[Reply]
Strongside 09:37 PM 03-15-2020
I understand your concern but you are not helping. If you want to help you need to get them to CALL the doctor. Do not self diagnose. Do not just go into an ER or doctor's office. If your Mom works at Menorah she should be the first to tell you this.

Also tell your brother that they are passing a law to make the testing for CV free.

Also, given their ages, they will be fine. They might get sick but they are not in the profile of a critical case.
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying.

My mom, who is a Practitioner, called me concerned asking me to call and try to reason with my brother, who is sick as fuck, because he won’t go in or call a doctor.

She has stated to me numerous times that this was unlike anything she’s ever had. She says she’s had flu bugs that were far worse as far as pain and discomfort go, but that she can’t climb the front porch stairs without being winded - and she runs miles every day.

She genuinely believes she has this virus (tested negative for flu) and will never truly know because she can’t get tested, even after asking several entities including the state board of health.

I’m not trying to “help” here, I’m just fucking sick of the fed saying one thing and the reality being something completely different.

Just try googling how to get tested if you come down with symptoms. You won’t find shit.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:39 PM 03-15-2020

Furthermore, his fiancée owns a hair salon in an assisted living community. It’s not my brother and his family I’m worried about. It’s our grandparents, the elderly she works with, etc.

They will not self quarantine unless someone tells them they have to. They will lose their house if they do that.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:40 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
This is just downright ignorant.
Really ?? :-) Where are your substantive stats to a substantive rebuttal then ??:-)
[Reply]
candyman 09:40 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Yes. That is what they have promised.
I asked him if he expects his job to keep paying him if they tell him to stay home. Have all businesses promised that?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:41 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
The medical experts are concerned and the government leaders are listening. What does that tell you?
Some of those same fear mongering medical experts also want a mandatory national quarantine.

Good luck trying to get Americans to adhere to that.
[Reply]
Page 296 of 3903
« First < 196246286292293294295296 2972982993003063463967961296 > Last »
Up