ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 293 of 386
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303343 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:49 PM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The pacing has been horrible. Not rushed?!

The Night King is still trying to figure out what happened. He always thought he was important, too.

This entire season has been abrupt endings. There's been no grace - or sense - to any of it. The saving grace is that the acting has been phenomenal, the soundtrack has been amazing and aside from unfinished cgi it's still the best looking show on TV. Except for that episode a lot of people couldn't see.
They are wrapping up a million story lines. Unless they extended this ten more seasons it will always feel rushed. I don't think it hit the perfect sweet spot like breaking bad did. But it's not bad considering the desire to wrap it up quickly which isn't a bad thing. I feel like we've set up a final run that will be well paced and give a clean ending, and I'd rather they rush early than rush at the end.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:50 PM 05-11-2019
Did Tyrion actually lose his mind when he was travelling to Pentos with Varys? It would explain his sudden inability to make wise decisions.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:58 PM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think D&D are burned out.
they wanted to move on to the south won the civil war project. Then when everyone went WTF, we are not watching that shit idea they moved on to making their own Star Wars triology.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:01 PM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Did Tyrion actually lose his mind when he was travelling to Pentos with Varys? It would explain his sudden inability to make wise decisions.
I keep wondering if maybe the Lannister siblings have some pact between them we don't know about. Doubtful, but I keep wondering after Cersei didn't fill Tyrion full of arrows when she had the chance.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:15 PM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It should have been two more seasons. One to kill the NK. One to deal with Cersei.
After witnessing the Army of the Dead I'm not sure how they could make it work, but seeing a whole season under the Long Night could have been awesome.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:36 PM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
After witnessing the Army of the Dead I'm not sure how they could make it work, but seeing a whole season under the Long Night could have been awesome.
They should have had Winterfell get overrun, and several of the main characters flee to King's Landing, offering them strategy to beat the dead in return for asylum.
[Reply]
Setsuna 01:48 PM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They should have had Winterfell get overrun, and several of the main characters flee to King's Landing, offering them strategy to beat the dead in return for asylum.
Dumb. If they had got past Winterfell every other territory would be open to attack besides Dorne. Their numbers would quadruple and there would be no way to beat them.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:48 PM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
To make the army of the dead a threat without the idiot ball they would of needed to show them doing more than running forward and attacking or standing still.

Edit:

Here is a drawing of the what Norwich castle looked like and this was an early castle of medium importance:

Notice the layered defenses of both earthwork and walls with fall back defenses. Norwich also had a city wall.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:35 PM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Dumb. If they had got past Winterfell every other territory would be open to attack besides Dorne. Their numbers would quadruple and there would be no way to beat them.
It doesn't matter how big the army of the dead is, because the only way to ever beat them was taking out the night king.
[Reply]
listopencil 05-12-2019, 09:13 AM
This message has been deleted by listopencil.
Setsuna 09:27 AM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It doesn't matter how big the army of the dead is, because the only way to ever beat them was taking out the night king.
So you're saying they would have been able to hold off quadruple the size that attacked Winterfell long enough for the NK to show himself in an isolated area? Yeah right. Let it go dummy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 05-12-2019
I could swear I read that they were offered more episodes by HBO, 8 maybe, instead of 6, but they declined.
That's what everything I've read has said.

They were hemmed in a bit at 8 seasons because that's how long the actors contracts ran, but there was nothing that would've prevented them from doing 8 or even 10 episode seasons.

Hubris or fatigue or whatever the case may be, it was the showrunner's call to give themselves so little runway to work with.

Everything that's gone wrong over the last 2 seasons has been a direct results of Benioff and Weiss.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:00 AM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

They were hemmed in a bit at 8 seasons because that's how long the actors contracts ran, but there was nothing that would've prevented them from doing 8 or even 10 episode seasons.

Hubris or fatigue or whatever the case may be, it was the showrunner's call to give themselves so little runway to work with.

Everything that's gone wrong over the last 2 seasons has been a direct results of Benioff and Weiss.
It would be totally different if HBO said you only have $100 million this year. Thats 6 episodes only because of battles, Ghost, Dragons etc. make it work.

Everything I've read said HBO was ready and willing to spend more money and make it 8-10 episodes. Actors were on board, money approved but D&D were tired. Your fucking tired? You want to move on? Suck it up and finish this correctly.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:36 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Factually, you’re correct.

D&D deserve the blame that they get.

However, I’m assessing most of the blame to Martin. Martin is what made this story great. Martin is the one that made the thing meander instead of move forward. Martin is the one who hasn’t done shit in close to a decade. Martin is the one that signed off on these guys’ Vision.

Even if he’d have gotten off his hindquarters and had more material out there to guide the showrunners I think the ending would be more palatable. But the problems I see are largely a result of the responsibility of taking the thing to a conclusion. D&D suffer that burden, Martin obviously does not. And therein lies the problem.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:50 PM 05-12-2019
So the first 4 episodes I was all excited for the episodes to leak early, give me an idea what's coming. Today I don't give a shit. My excitement is dead, when it should be at its peak.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:52 PM 05-12-2019
So the first 4 episodes I was all excited for the episodes to leak early, give me an idea what's coming. Today I don't give a shit. My excitement is dead, when it should be at its peak.
Looking more forward to Veep and Barry, TBH.
[Reply]
Page 293 of 386
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303343 > Last »
Up