ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 293 of 663
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303343393 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
New World Order 12:29 PM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Would be awful. Bader would get folded within 2-3 minutes.

Or it could be magnificent
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:29 PM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Ryan Bader has already started to ask Dana White and the UFC over twitter for the fight against Rumble in 187.

Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but there might not be much else for options, and he is somehow #5.

Lol. What a loser.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:31 PM 04-27-2015
A coronation of Rumble is probably better than cancelling the fight altogether if it comes to it. They can't rematch him and Gus right after he wrecked Gus in front of his home country.
Bader and DC are fighting next, if anyone gets pulled from that card it'll be DC
[Reply]
alnorth 12:33 PM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Bader and DC are fighting next, if anyone gets pulled from that card it'll be DC
oh thats right. Well, there you go. Rumble vs DC would actually be interesting.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:34 PM 04-27-2015
But then I would hate to see DC vs Jones if DC somehow gets a decision.

I'm sad.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:35 PM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
But then I would hate to see DC vs Jones if DC somehow gets a decision.

I'm sad.
Blame it on Jones. He's the reason we can't have nice things, like a JBJ vs Rumble fight. We have to settle for alternative LHW bouts now.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:37 PM 04-27-2015
Too bad they cant throw in Anderson Silva. AJ vs Silva would be sweet.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:39 PM 04-27-2015
Oh, I don't think we mentioned this yet, but apparently about 20-30 minutes after the wreck, Jones posted some stupid little thing on instagram from what looks like his home where he was doing some recent meme. Obviously he was trying to build a "I wasn't there, see, why would I do this if I had just gotten in an accident."

I think he quickly realized that he got identified and it wasn't going to work, so he deleted it.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:40 PM 04-27-2015
More news: previously, people were assuming that this H&R would be a misdemeanor because the injuries were reported to be minor. However, real media are now starting to report that the woman may have a broken bone, and if that ends up being the case, then this is a felony hit and run with fines and jail of up to 3 years.

edit: Ariel Helwani (MMA news does not get more credible than him, if he says something, it is true) is reporting that she has a broken arm, and that the ABQ PD is now investigating this as a 3rd degree felony. The ABQ PD is probably going to put together an arrest warrant soon.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:45 PM 04-27-2015
Jon Jones is done. Maybe not done from fighting forever, but if ABQ Police issues a felony arrest warrant, then he is not fighting this year, and he's gonna get stripped.
[Reply]
KC native 01:52 PM 04-27-2015
More news: previously, people were assuming that this H&R would be a misdemeanor because the injuries were reported to be minor. However, real media are now starting to report that the woman may have a broken bone, and if that ends up being the case, then this is a felony hit and run with fines and jail of up to 3 years.

edit: Ariel Helwani (MMA news does not get more credible than him, if he says something, it is true) is reporting that she has a broken arm, and that the ABQ PD is now investigating this as a 3rd degree felony. The ABQ PD is probably going to put together an arrest warrant soon.
He'll get probabtion and make a settlement with her.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:53 PM 04-27-2015

An arrest warrant is coming for Jon Jones. Female in accident has a broken arm. Charge will be felony leaving the scene of an accident

— Jason Floyd (@Jason_Floyd) April 27, 2015

[Reply]
alnorth 01:58 PM 04-27-2015
Over/Under on number of hours (starting right now, 3PM Central) before Reebok drops him?

I'll say 18
[Reply]
Chromatic 02:44 PM 04-27-2015
Jon Jones is done. Maybe not done from fighting forever, but if ABQ Police issues a felony arrest warrant, then he is not fighting this year, and he's gonna get stripped.
Stripped of his title? Very possible. Cut? No.

UFC isn't going to release him into a big cash pile that Belator would throw at him to enhance their brand. No matter how big a scumbag Jones is, he would help out UFC's competition immensely.

He'll fight in the octagon again, most likely under some phony "redemption" story, and they'll take it from there.
[Reply]
alnorth 03:07 PM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Chromatic:
Stripped of his title? Very possible. Cut? No.

UFC isn't going to release him into a big cash pile that Belator would throw at him to enhance their brand. No matter how big a scumbag Jones is, he would help out UFC's competition immensely.

He'll fight in the octagon again, most likely under some phony "redemption" story, and they'll take it from there.
Well yeah, of course he's not getting cut. The UFC will suspend him and let him rot without income or fights until they can finally start giving him fights again.
[Reply]
Page 293 of 663
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303343393 > Last »
Up