ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2912 of 4911
« First < 1912241228122862290229082909291029112912 291329142915291629222962301234123912 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:46 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Mile High lease runs out on 2028, should line up about right
Like I said earlier...that's my main concern...well, as concerned as I can be about football.

This new owner can spend $4.5 billion on a team without even thinking about it...he builds another Satanic temple like in LA, they will be artificially back to the SB. It's how it works with NFL corporate..."growing their brand"...they reward those owners who invest in their monopoly.

You're seeing the unwarranted Donk media hype...this is a top-down initiative. They knew ownership was in flux...hell, Wilson was sitting next to Goodell at the SB. Of all the photo-ops available with a SB in LA...that was who they chose to position next to him.

Fast-foward...Donks just sell for a record amount and Wilson, coincidentally, plays for said team. They are in prime-time 5 times after being a bottom tier franchise for 7 years.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:54 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The Seahawks had won their division 5 of the last 8 years before Wilson. With 5 playoff wins and a SB appearance in that span, plus a playoff win two years before Wilson arrived. KC had won one playoff game in 21 years.

Sure...."vastly" better.
They won their horrible division at 7-9 in 2010, other than that, you're reaching back to the Shaun Alexander days.

Seahawks were 23-41 in the 4 years before Wilson, Chiefs were 42-22 in the 4 years before Mahomes.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:07 PM 06-07-2022
If we build a new stadium...we'll host a Super Bowl before long.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:16 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re right, I’m giving context, because all of your arguments are stats/numbers based with zero context. Likely because you are clueless when it comes to actually discussing football.

Nobody honestly believes that the Chiefs have had a legit top 10 defense the last 3 years. I’m assuming you’re going by PPG and ignoring everything else. Look at YPG, DVOA, etc. and it’s easy to see that the defense has been average to slightly above average at best. Good enough to win, but not remotely close to an all-time great defense like the Legion of Boom.

For somebody that’s supposedly not trying to argue that Wilson is better than Mahomes, you sure appear to be still trying to argue otherwise.

Wilson has never been the best QB in the NFL. Mahomes was the second he stepped onto the field. There’s no comparison.
I agree that the KC defense hasn't been anywhere near what Seattle had in 2013-2014.

I don't agree that the defense prevented Mahomes from winning a second ring when the KC offense scored 9 and 24 points in their playoff exits.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:17 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Just to clarify: the city of Denver will, not the Denver Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:35 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Rumor has it Wilson's agent wants him paid this year...and this was the main reason for Seattle cutting him loose...well that and his declining production.

Sounds like they dumped him at the right time...didn't want to pay him. Found some sadsack organization trying to boost their asking price to a new owner.

His agent is worried if he doesn't produce this season like in the past, it'll hinder his ability for a 5/250 contract at 35.

They have the Donks over a barrel...would he actually be this arrogant to hold out before ever playing a snap.. without an extended contract? I can see his angle/injury concerns...why risk costing yourself millions. He's as good as he's ever going to be at this point. The odds of them struggling in the competitive AFCW is higher than being a contender...new QB, OC/DC, poor OL.

Seahawk fans say "Russ plays for team green"...Donk brass have positioned themselves to have zero leverage in this negotiation. That is the market price for a starting QB.

Man...I hope they hitch their wagon to a fully guaranteed contract until he's 39. If he falls off a cliff...they are stuck with his ass.

There was a reason Wilson was available...and Rodgers wasn't. Franchise QBs dont hit the market without spine issues...or unrealistic contract demands.
No! Not rumors!! Wake me if he sits out and I miss it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:35 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
You didn't actually refute a single thing I said. Chiefs pre-Mahomes were vastly better than Seahawks pre-Wilson.

Mahomes had the #7 defense the SB winning season, the #10 defense the SB losing season, and the #8 defense last year. I don't think it was the defense's fault that KC put up 9 and 24 points in those two losses.
I love how you guys change your opinions to fit each argument. :-)

This has to be the very first time I've seen a Denver fan claim that the Chiefs had a top 10 D each of the last three years. Or any of the last three years for that matter.

They were pretty solid in the points allowed dept, but overall those defenses were average at best, with some glaring holes. Remember, it took a Mahomes miracle (and 42 points vs the #1 D) just to earn the right to play in that Bengals game.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:43 PM 06-07-2022
NFL wanted to be in London by 2025. Walton-Kahn can build and share a stadium in Europe. With the building started by then. One will need to flip to NFC.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:44 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
More so this off season than recent one's, because you guys think you have something and are acting like we should be scared or something.
Well, I do think the Broncos have something... they're a better team now than they were when 2021 ended. KC is still the team to beat in the division and certainly in the top 2-3 in the conference.

Denver was not 1 player away from a SB, but they are better and the division is as well. Definite progress that 'should' result in a playoff appearance. I still think they'll fall short of a playoff spot, but will end > .500 when it's all said and done. 10 wins is where I'm at right now.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:45 PM 06-07-2022
Denver does not need a new stadium, I hate all the talk around this being a possibility. I think it's just folly, but who knows... I just think it would be stupid. And, with as big of a week long show the SB is now, there's no way Denver or any cold weather team will host a SB. Makes no sense.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:48 PM 06-07-2022
They won their horrible division at 7-9 in 2010, other than that, you're reaching back to the Shaun Alexander days.

Seahawks were 23-41 in the 4 years before Wilson, Chiefs were 42-22 in the 4 years before Mahomes.
They were a consistent winner for years, had a few down years, and then were on the way up again when Wilson arrived. Which came shortly after the arrival of Pete Carroll. And one could make a good argument that the Seahawks' best years had a lot more to do with coaching and defense than offense.

Btw, it's interesting that you mentioned the 24 points vs the Bengals as a huge offensive failure. Wilson has scored 24 or less in 11 of his 16 career playoff games. In fact, he scored 24 or less in several of his early playoff wins.

I guess you have much higher expectations for Mahomes. Can't blame you there.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 06-07-2022
I agree that the KC defense hasn't been anywhere near what Seattle had in 2013-2014.

I don't agree that the defense prevented Mahomes from winning a second ring when the KC offense scored 9 and 24 points in their playoff exits.
I never said they prevented him from winning a 2nd ring.

I said he would’ve won 2-3 with an all-time great defense.

There’s a difference.

And it was mostly his absolutely depleted OL (combined with a bad night from the defense) that prevented him winning the 2nd.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:58 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Denver does not need a new stadium, I hate all the talk around this being a possibility. I think it's just folly, but who knows... I just think it would be stupid. And, with as big of a week long show the SB is now, there's no way Denver or any cold weather team will host a SB. Makes no sense.
WE aren't a "cold" weather city IMHO.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:07 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
They were a consistent winner for years, had a few down years, and then were on the way up again when Wilson arrived. Which came shortly after the arrival of Pete Carroll. And one could make a good argument that the Seahawks' best years had a lot more to do with coaching and defense than offense.

Btw, it's interesting that you mentioned the 24 points vs the Bengals as a huge offensive failure. Wilson has scored 24 or less in 11 of his 16 career playoff games. In fact, he scored 24 or less in several of his early playoff wins.

I guess you have much higher expectations for Mahomes. Can't blame you there.
By "they were a consistent winner", I think you mean "they had Shaun Alexander". Here's the Seahawks # of winning seasons with/without Wilson and Alexander since 2000:

With Russell Wilson: 9 winning seasons, 1 losing season (Wilson injured)
With Shaun Alexander: 6 winning seasons, 1 losing season
Without either: 0 winning seasons, 5 losing seasons

As for your second point, yes. A team that is built around the QB has different expectations than one built around the defense.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:09 PM 06-07-2022
WE aren't a "cold" weather city IMHO.
Compared to what? Minneapolis??
[Reply]
Page 2912 of 4911
« First < 1912241228122862290229082909291029112912 291329142915291629222962301234123912 > Last »
Up