Page 291 of 298
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:01 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, that's part of being a fan. What did Carl Peterson say about that? :-)

King Carl can kiss my Lilly white ass......
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:08 AM 01-22-2019
Is the Sutton Watch now officially "Day to Day"?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
:-)
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:15 AM 01-22-2019
I am using this as an exercise in patientance.

Bob will retire. I have faith in that.

Next step is who steps in..and can they adjust to the nuances of the modern NFL. We need a DC that understands the current offense landscape and can adjust to it.

We don't need a top ten defense. We need a defense that can get off the field on 3rd down and get enough stops to be nearly break even in time of possession.

Offense with Mahomes put up 31 points with what, 20 minutes time of posession? Imagine instead of 40/20 TOP, which seemed kind of typical this year, the defense was good enough to get that to 35/25? Or 33/27? What could Mahomes do with an extra 5-6 minutes (1 to 2 possessions). Points allowed would drop as well---we only really need the defense to be around 22-24 points a game.

I think with the right DC and the right offseason moves (draft picks that can contribute and play right away), the defense can make some pretty big strides next season.

It cannot get any worse. This was one of the worst defense in the history of the sport. Worst defense of any team to ever play in the AFC Championship game--I can't think of one worse.

I am as bummed as everyone else....but the future is bright. But Bob Sutton has to go.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:15 AM 01-22-2019

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Another Deion Sanders-ism!

Patientance. The combination of "patient" and "penitence". When you feel the need to chastise yourself by waiting.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:17 AM 01-22-2019

Bob will retire. I have faith in that.

Next step is who steps in..and can they adjust to the nuances of the modern NFL. We need a DC that understands the current offense landscape and can adjust to it.

We don't need a top ten defense. We need a defense that can get off the field on 3rd down and get enough stops to be nearly break even in time of possession.

Offense with Mahomes put up 31 points with what, 20 minutes time of posession? Imagine instead of 40/20 TOP, which seemed kind of typical this year, the defense was good enough to get that to 35/25? Or 33/27? What could Mahomes do with an extra 5-6 minutes (1 to 2 possessions). Points allowed would drop as well---we only really need the defense to be around 22-24 points a game.

I think with the right DC and the right offseason moves (draft picks that can contribute and play right away), the defense can make some pretty big strides next season.

It cannot get any worse. This was one of the worst defense in the history of the sport. Worst defense of any team to ever play in the AFC Championship game--I can't think of one worse.

I am as bummed as everyone else....but the future is bright. But Bob Sutton has to go.

I wish I could believe that......I truly do. :-)

I mean, I was certain that Sutton would be gone after the Tennessee debacle....yet....there he was again...Buttons, in all his glory...
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:18 AM 01-22-2019
Another Deion Sanders-ism!

Patientance. The combination of "patient" and "penitence". When you feel the need to chastise yourself by waiting.
Just trying to stay upbeat. Too many seasons have ended badly. I am a beat up Chiefs fan, but I truly believe this is the beginning of a golden age of Chiefs football.

But Bob Sutton needs to go :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 01-22-2019
Just trying to stay upbeat. Too many seasons have ended badly. I am a beat up Chiefs fan, but I truly believe this is the beginning of a golden age of Chiefs football.

But Bob Sutton needs to go :-)
I hear you man, I'm just having a little fun. :-)
[Reply]
RN47 10:20 AM 01-22-2019
FLY. THE FAHKING. BANNER.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:23 AM 01-22-2019
Timing of when Greg Robinson "retired" as the Chiefs DC after the Colts/no punt playoff fiasco... TWO DAYS after the game.

https://www.upi.com/Defensive-coodin...4691074032999/

Defensive Coodinator Robinson quits Chiefs

KANSAS CITY, Mo., Jan. 13 (UPI) -- Coach Dick Vermeil did not cry tears of joy in Kansas City Tuesday as his defensive coordiator departed.

Two days after Peyton Manning dissected the Kansas City Chiefs for 38 points in an AFC divisional playoff game, maligned defensive coordinator Greg Robinson announced his resignation.

"At first it stunned me," said a teary-eyed Vermeil after accepting Robinson's resignation. "It's tough to say goodbye to Greg. I love the guy. I'm going to miss him."

But Robinson had no answers for Manning and the Colts' offense Sunday. Indianapolis scored touchdowns on its first three possessions in the first half and a field goal and two more touchdowns on its first three possessions in the second half.

The Colts totaled 434 yards and 27 first downs.

"I have decided to take a left turn and I think it's the right thing for this organization," said Robinson, who has served as the Chiefs defensive coordinator for the last three seasons.

Robinson, 51, was the defensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos for six years, including the back-to-back Super Bowl winning teams in 1997 and 1998, before joining Vermeil's staff in 2001.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 01-22-2019
Timing of when Greg Robinson "retired" as the Chiefs DC after the Colts/no punt playoff fiasco... TWO DAYS after the game.

https://www.upi.com/Defensive-coodin...4691074032999/

Defensive Coodinator Robinson quits Chiefs

KANSAS CITY, Mo., Jan. 13 (UPI) -- Coach Dick Vermeil did not cry tears of joy in Kansas City Tuesday as his defensive coordiator departed.

Two days after Peyton Manning dissected the Kansas City Chiefs for 38 points in an AFC divisional playoff game, maligned defensive coordinator Greg Robinson announced his resignation.

"At first it stunned me," said a teary-eyed Vermeil after accepting Robinson's resignation. "It's tough to say goodbye to Greg. I love the guy. I'm going to miss him."

But Robinson had no answers for Manning and the Colts' offense Sunday. Indianapolis scored touchdowns on its first three possessions in the first half and a field goal and two more touchdowns on its first three possessions in the second half.

The Colts totaled 434 yards and 27 first downs.

"I have decided to take a left turn and I think it's the right thing for this organization," said Robinson, who has served as the Chiefs defensive coordinator for the last three seasons.

Robinson, 51, was the defensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos for six years, including the back-to-back Super Bowl winning teams in 1997 and 1998, before joining Vermeil's staff in 2001.
I would imagine this game hurts a little worse so it might take a bit longer. I know people want him gone but they're just going to have to be patient.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:33 AM 01-22-2019
I would imagine this game hurts a little worse so it might take a bit longer. I know people want him gone but they're just going to have to be patient.
Hopefully.

Reading that article from 2004 really puts into perspective Sutton's epic fail on Sunday.

The Colts had 434 yards of total offense and 27 first downs in that 2004 game, while Sutton's defense was shredded for 524 yards of total offense and 36 first downs on Sunday.

Even factoring in OT and the extra plays, that is still a damning comparison for Sutton's defense.
[Reply]
bevischief 10:34 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I wish I could believe that......I truly do. :-)

I mean, I was certain that Sutton would be gone after the Tennessee debacle....yet....there he was again...Buttons, in all his glory...
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 01-22-2019
Hopefully.

Reading that article from 2004 really puts into perspective Sutton's epic fail on Sunday.

The Colts had 434 yards of total offense and 27 first downs in that 2004 game, while Sutton's defense was shredded for 524 yards of total offense and 36 first downs on Sunday.

Even factoring in OT and the extra plays, that is still a damning comparison for Sutton's defense.
Well, the OT drive was 13 plays. Which means the Patriots ran 81 plays in regulation.

That right there tells you everything you need to know. Bob's defense doesn't work and it's the same as Robinson - there are merits to the "bend, don't break" defense but for the LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY don't bend, bend, bend and then BREAK! :-)
[Reply]
Page 291 of 298
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295 > Last »
Up