ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 291 of 324
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
J Diddy 03:42 PM 12-17-2022
I have fond memories of the days when the likes of Dick Curl (I know he wasn't a DC but you gotta love the name), Gunther Cunningham, Bob Sutton, Greg Robinson, and Romeo Crennel were roaming the sidelines.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:48 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Did you not read the last sentence of that post?
Again, what game has spags lost for us in the playoffs?

Not sure what point you’re making if it revolves around 1 bad game out of 9, in a game that we won, against an offense that put up 47 the week before against an excellent New England defense.

Our only two playoff exits were largely to blame on the offense.
[Reply]
J Diddy 04:07 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Not sure what point you’re making if it revolves around 1 bad game out of 9, in a game that we won, against an offense that put up 47 the week before against an excellent New England defense.

Dick Curl.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:17 PM 12-17-2022

Would be giving up a 2 possession lead after halftime be a qualifier for that?

Or did our offense not stop the opponents offense enough?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:20 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sutton inherited Justin Houston, Dontari Poe and Eric Berry in their prime as well as older but still elite caliber players like DJ, Flowers and Tamba. Also a pretty solid player in Allen Bailey. He had those players for years.

Spags inherited a permanently broken Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Chris Jones and brokedick Dee Ford.

Spags replaced 9 starters that year and won the SB. Only Chris Jones and Daniel Sorenson were starters from the Sutton era.

There’s your difference
If KC’s D were so loaded, why were they 26th in points allowed the year before Sutton arrived? And does he get credit for having them at #5 in his first year and keeping them in that ballpark for several years?

And I think Reid/Mahomes/Kelce/Hill/etc deserve a little more credit for the SB run than the defense that allowed 25 ppg in the playoffs.

Again, I’m not trying to run Spags out of town, but it’s okay to call it like it is.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:29 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
People bitching about Spags deserve a fucking horrible coach like Donatell as their DC.

Just go be a fan of another team, though. I don't want somebody as bad as Donatell near my team.

This Vikings game is making me super thankful for Spags.
The Colts’ offense scored 22 pts on 16 possessions and averaged 4.3 yds per play. They got 3 pts out of their last 9 possessions.
[Reply]
-King- 04:32 PM 12-17-2022

I've said that I only blame Spags if he has a part in picking the front 4 players.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:35 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean he also got his hand picked 1st round DE trade and all pro Tyrann Matheiu. It's not like he was working with nothing.

I have to ask though, does anyone think we wouldn't have won a Superbowl if we had Mahomes instead of Alex Smith 2013-2017? We lost multiple playoff games where we allowed 18 or less points lol. But yeah again, Spags is a superior post season DC than Sutton.
Mahomes wins it in 2015 and probably at least one more too. They should have played him in the 2017 playoffs. Golden opportunity missed. Nick Foles won it that year for God’s sake.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:49 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If KC’s D were so loaded, why were they 26th in points allowed the year before Sutton arrived? And does he get credit for having them at #5 in his first year and keeping them in that ballpark for several years?

And I think Reid/Mahomes/Kelce/Hill/etc deserve a little more credit for the SB run than the defense that allowed 25 ppg in the playoffs.

Again, I’m not trying to run Spags out of town, but it’s okay to call it like it is.
Spags defense allowed 7 points in the second half of the Divisional Round game.

7 points in the second half of the AFCCG

10 points in the SB, and 7 of those were off the Mahomes INT that gave Sf a short field.

The offense followed that up by turning it over again, but that time Spags defense forced a punt.

if not for that INT in the SB, Spags defense would've allowed just 17 points in 6 quarters of playoff action.

Spags defense performed very well when we had to have it. Consistently.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:50 PM 12-17-2022

Spags defense allowed 7 points in the second half of the Divisional Round game.

7 points in the second half of the AFCCG

10 points in the 2nd half of the SB, and 7 of those were off the Mahomes INT that gave SF a short field.

The offense followed that up by turning it over again, but that time Spags defense forced a punt.

if not for that INT in the SB, Spags defense would've allowed just 17 points in 6 quarters of playoff action.

Spags defense performed very well when we had to have it. Consistently.

Sutton?
[Reply]
RunKC 05:40 PM 12-17-2022

And despite the fucking defense being loaded with talent and still adding to it (Dee Ford/Marcus Peters), that motherfucker STILL took that defense to shit by 2018.

John Dorsey and Bob Sutton had so many opportunities to keep adding to this defense. Dee Ford, Marcus Peters, Tanoh Kpassagnon, KeiVarae Russell, Phillip Gaines.

Do ANY of those guys even come close to guys you’d give a 2nd contract to?

Now look at the guys Spags has drafted like Nick Bolton, Willie Gay and L’Jarius Sneed.

Sutton was handed talent. Spags wasn’t
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:14 PM 12-17-2022
Spags blows
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:55 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Would be giving up a 2 possession lead after halftime be a qualifier for that?

Or did our offense not stop the opponents offense enough?
Who in the living fuck would blame our defense for losing to cincy?

We lost a 2 possession lead BECAUSE of our offense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:17 AM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Spags blows
you said that already. you have a stroke or something?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:26 AM 12-18-2022
Who in the living fuck would blame our defense for losing to cincy?

We lost a 2 possession lead BECAUSE of our offense.
Anyone with a clue beyond their fanboi fandumb and looking at it from all sides of the ball.

We lost a 2 possession lead because the defense couldn't stop the Bengals offense from scoring more points. We lost because the defense couldn't stop them in 3rd and forever if their life depended on it.

Point I'm trying to make is it always is a 2 way street. You can pick and choose any reason you want to find. The offense built a 2 possession lead. The Defensive Coordinator that you want to fall on the sword for has made public claims that his defensive scheme plays it's best when the offense has built a lead. Yet, that never seems to be the happen.

Hold him accountable for his responsibilities. So many times it has been bad from his end. For just an example that is quick off my memory. There was an instance last week where it was 3rd and 4, Denver had the ball and he takes Willie Gay his best sideline to sideline LB off the field to insert a 4th CB. Denver converts the 3rd down with the RB picking up the 1st and eventually goes on to score. Point is this, put your best players on the field in those crucial situations. They don't convert there and they don't go on down and score. And this was with the shitty ass denver offense.

Bengals and the Bills have to be licking their chops to face his defense again with dumb calls like that.
[Reply]
Page 291 of 324
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Up