ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 291 of 319
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:52 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trade up 10 or so spots and take a guy like Sam Cosmi. Nearly as much upside and far less cost.
This is where I am. We can’t afford to trade tons of future assets to move to the early teens.

I think they need to zone in on Jenkins and Cosmi and see if one of them are long term solutions. Hopefully don’t give up a future 1st to do it
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:52 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is where I am. We can’t afford to trade tons of future assets to move to the early teens.

I think they need to zone in on Jenkins and Cosmi and see if one of them are long term solutions. Hopefully don’t give up a future 1st to do it
I'm all for trading up. Just not trading up nearly 20 spots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Thought Slaters measurements at his pro day squashed that line of thinking. He's not nearly as undersized or "lacking length" as you seem to have convinced yourself he is.
I haven't convinced myself of anything.

I'm reading scouting reports. They're the ones with the opinions.

Ignore them if you like, I'm not going to.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:55 AM 03-22-2021
I haven't convinced myself of anything.

I'm reading scouting reports. They're the ones with the opinions.

Ignore them if you like, I'm not going to.
Yeah, I saw the measurements you were using to argue against Slater in the draft forum. I don't know which scout you got those from but they're laughably wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 AM 03-22-2021
Yeah, I saw the measurements you were using to argue against Slater in the draft forum. I don't know which scout you got those from but they're laughably wrong.
Well, he got housed repeatedly by AJ Epinesa and a lot of other guys with length. I've seen a couple dozen Northwestern games. I'm good with my evaluation.

You do you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:59 AM 03-22-2021
Well, he got housed repeatedly by AJ Epinesa and a lot of other guys with length. I've seen a couple dozen Northwestern games. I'm good with my evaluation.

You do you.
:-) Alrighty then
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:01 AM 03-22-2021
:-) Alrighty then
What else you want me to say?

You've been salty ever since the Super Bowl. That's your thing.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 03-22-2021
If they think Darrisaw is an all pro LT, trade up for him. If not, don't.

I think I've probably talked myself into sitting at 31 and taking Walker Little and keeping my picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they think Darrisaw is an all pro LT, trade up for him. If not, don't.

I think I've probably talked myself into sitting at 31 and taking Walker Little and keeping my picks.
They might be able to get Little into the 2nd. They could trade down at that point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:05 AM 03-22-2021
The salary cap dropped by what, almost $15m?

Veach aggressively cleared cap space, and clearly had two big targets, landing one.

I know we all wish he'd gotten the OTHER one in hindsight, what can you do? It's not like he didn't try.

This is the FIRST WAVE of free agency, and in a year in which the cap dropped like it did, there will be a big second wave as teams struggle to get under the cap.

Bargain shopping is usually the best usage of financial resources, and I'm sure we'll be players there.

I'm also sure that there will be some trades for guys that Veach targets on teams that need to dump some salary.

AND there's still the draft, where Veach has been nails the last couple of years.

I'm really not worried. I'm curious; and just like you, I don't see exactly what the plan is, but I don't doubt that there IS one, and it'll make sense within another month or so.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:05 AM 03-22-2021
What else you want me to say?

You've been salty ever since the Super Bowl. That's your thing.
:-) What are you talking about? I've been just fine and dandy ever since Veach committed to a complete overhaul of the OL. You're the one that seems to be a bit rustled.
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 AM 03-22-2021
They might be able to get Little into the 2nd. They could trade down at that point.
They might be able to, but I doubt he makes it to the end of the 2nd. I'm ok reaching a bit for a LT.
[Reply]
O.city 08:06 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The salary cap dropped by what, almost $15m?

Veach aggressively cleared cap space, and clearly had two big targets, landing one.

I know we all wish he'd gotten the OTHER one in hindsight, what can you do? It's not like he didn't try.

This is the FIRST WAVE of free agency, and in a year in which the cap dropped like it did, there will be a big second wave as teams struggle to get under the cap.

Bargain shopping is usually the best usage of financial resources, and I'm sure we'll be players there.

I'm also sure that there will be some trades for guys that Veach targets on teams that need to dump some salary.

AND there's still the draft, where Veach has been nails the last couple of years.

I'm really not worried. I'm curious; and just like you, I don't see exactly what the plan is, but I don't doubt that there IS one, and it'll make sense within another month or so.
Teams are already under the cap now, they won't have to make many more moves.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:07 AM 03-22-2021
:-) What are you talking about? I've been just fine and dandy ever since Veach committed to a complete overhaul of the OL. You're the one that seems to be a bit rustled.
You've shot in literally every move anyone has suggested other than the one you like.

Seriously, you haven't noticed that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:07 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They might be able to, but I doubt he makes it to the end of the 2nd. I'm ok reaching a bit for a LT.
Yeah, trading down would be great but it gives other teams to jump you again and take your guy. If he’s your guy and you’d take him 10-15 spots later....just grab him.

I don’t want to go into next season reading articles saying “Little was their guy but they thought they could get him later. They settled on “X”.”
[Reply]
Page 291 of 319
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Up