ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 52
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs
RunKC 08:36 PM 03-14-2024

A new weapon for Patrick Mahomes: Former Ravens and Cardinals WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per sources.

During is final season in Baltimore in 2021, Brown had 91 catches for 1,008 yards and six touchdowns. During… pic.twitter.com/oGD82iazKb

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:22 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's the moves he doesn't try to make anymore that show he's learning to deal with aging a bit.

When he gets in the open field, he's not going to try to plant that foot and cut as often as he once did. He runs straight and finishes the run for another couple of yards after contact.

It's like watching late-stage Marcus Allen. Dude wasn't looking to make anyone miss because he knew his joints weren't up for the task. But he'd still do a little shimmy, brace himself and drive through you for a little bit more yardage.

Kelce's gonna be good; great in fact - but he's gonna be on a bit of a snap count and he's not gonna be the guy he was from about 2017 through 2022.
Hopefully Reid sits him down this offseason and has a talk about his emotions as he gets older. Everyone knows he wants to be out there for every snap but his body just isn't there anymore. You can't be throwing a tantrum like he did in the playoffs when Reid is trying to do what's best for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:22 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Crazy thing is that we have no idea how much better the WR group will look after the draft.

There's a good chance that we get a guy who can have an immediate impact, being the best WR3 this team has had in the Mahomes era.
I was thinking about that this morning.

If the Chiefs do nothing else - INCLUDING in the draft - they'll have pass catchers on par or better than the 2022 offense.

Rice > JJSS
Brown > MVS
Kelce < 2022 Kelce

But the downgrade in Kelce will be more than offset by the upgrades at the WR spot.

So again, just get a little more juice at RB2 in terms of pass-catching and you may not even NEED to drastically upgrade at WR in the draft.

But we're gonna do it anyway. And that's the fun part.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:23 AM 03-15-2024
Maybe nearer the 2022 offense with a better JJSS, better MVS and worse Kelce.

The 2024 defenses aren't going to give us the kind of space down the field that offenses did in '18 and '19. But we'll see similar looks to 2022 and I think we've figure out how to deal with those.
2022 offense was #1 in the league, efficient and absolutely demolished top defenses. It's the most realistic model for a Mahomes led offense we can follow.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 03-15-2024
It's the moves he doesn't try to make anymore that show he's learning to deal with aging a bit.

When he gets in the open field, he's not going to try to plant that foot and cut as often as he once did. He runs straight and finishes the run for another couple of yards after contact.

It's like watching late-stage Marcus Allen. Dude wasn't looking to make anyone miss because he knew his joints weren't up for the task. But he'd still do a little shimmy, brace himself and drive through you for a little bit more yardage.
Oh I love this comp. This is wonderful.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hopefully Reid sits him down this offseason and has a talk about his emotions as he gets older. Everyone knows he wants to be out there for every snap but his body just isn't there anymore. You can't be throwing a tantrum like he did in the playoffs when Reid is trying to do what's best for him.
Eh...I actually side a bit with Kelce there.

The Super Bowl ain't the time for snap counts, IMO. And even if it is, you'll never convince someone like Kelce of that, nor should you expect to.

He was over the top, sure. But I didn't have an issue with him being irritated. Now if he's doing that in week 11 - yeah, get over yourself there Trav. But he won't be. Remember, this is a guy who sat himself in week 17 and broke his consecutive games streak. A guy who evidently made the call himself in week 1 and missed the Lions game. A guy who often patted his helmet and took himself off the field after a big catch.

Kelce knows the drill. He did it damn well last year.

It'll be fine.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:24 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Crazy thing is that we have no idea how much better the WR group will look after the draft.

There's a good chance that we get a guy who can have an immediate impact, being the best WR3 this team has had in the Mahomes era.
I don’t think we are done. The amazing thing is, in the past we had a bunch of role guys hoping we can find our primary guys. Right now we have our primary guys and we can just find some role players at really good value. Filling the back of the rotation is the easy part. I still think we find some kind of a chain mover and a speed option before all is said and done.

And that’s not counting the draft where you can see us looking for a long term wr and/or te weapon.

Buckle up. It’s gonna be a hell of a ride.
[Reply]
philfree 11:25 AM 03-15-2024
So does Brown factor as a return man?
[Reply]
ghak99 11:26 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Reid needs to have a sit down with Taylor and remind her that we need his legs more than she does. No wearing out our machine on Friday and Saturdays!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:29 AM 03-15-2024
Man I'm gonna miss Travis when he's done.

What a goddamn great football player, teammate, story...all of it. From a kid that couldn't play in HS because he wouldn't study, to a kid who got thrown off his college team, to a guy who had microfacture surgery as a rookie, to a young veteran who was getting personal foul calls for throwing towels and 'hand-jobbing' the refs (both of which were funny as hell) to...this.

A guy that just fucking gets it. Gets ALL of it. Amazing teammate, warrior on the field and I'm positive he's a bridge between guys like Mahomes (a bit more straight laced and 'company man') and Jones. How many times can a generational, first ballot HoF superstar also qualify as a 'glue guy' in your lockerroom? It's just so rare.

There is literally nothing more we can have ever asked of Kelce. And the story and the maturation process we've seen week over week, year over year; the appreciation he has of everything he's gone through and has....goddamn the guy is just letter perfect. He's not as important as Mahomes for obvious reasons, but he's more fun in many ways.

Getting old fucking sucks. Play forever, Trav.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:31 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
So does Brown factor as a return man?
He hasn't since 2020, according to this. And that was just one kick return.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BrowMa04.htm
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:33 AM 03-15-2024
Maybe nearer the 2022 offense with a better JJSS, better MVS and worse Kelce.

The 2024 defenses aren't going to give us the kind of space down the field that offenses did in '18 and '19. But we'll see similar looks to 2022 and I think we've figure out how to deal with those.
2022 had a learning curve at times that I don’t think will be there in 2024.

That part is really exciting to me.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:40 AM 03-15-2024

Hollywood Brown signed with the Kansas City Chiefs..

He's gonna be an ABSOLUTE WEAPON for Patrick Mahomes #PMSLive pic.twitter.com/abaPSnfEWj

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:43 AM 03-15-2024
I was thinking about that this morning.

If the Chiefs do nothing else - INCLUDING in the draft - they'll have pass catchers on par or better than the 2022 offense.

Rice > JJSS
Brown > MVS
Kelce < 2022 Kelce

But the downgrade in Kelce will be more than offset by the upgrades at the WR spot.

So again, just get a little more juice at RB2 in terms of pass-catching and you may not even NEED to drastically upgrade at WR in the draft.

But we're gonna do it anyway. And that's the fun part.
Have been thinking about this all morning. Not much out there unless you're willing to take some risks, or bring back Jet.

You have anyone in mind?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:46 AM 03-15-2024

What a goddamn great football player, teammate, story...all of it. From a kid that couldn't play in HS because he wouldn't study, to a kid who got thrown off his college team, to a guy who had microfacture surgery as a rookie, to a young veteran who was getting personal foul calls for throwing towels and 'hand-jobbing' the refs (both of which were funny as hell) to...this.

A guy that just ****ing gets it. Gets ALL of it. Amazing teammate, warrior on the field and I'm positive he's a bridge between guys like Mahomes (a bit more straight laced and 'company man') and Jones. How many times can a generational, first ballot HoF superstar also qualify as a 'glue guy' in your lockerroom? It's just so rare.

There is literally nothing more we can have ever asked of Kelce. And the story and the maturation process we've seen week over week, year over year; the appreciation he has of everything he's gone through and has....goddamn the guy is just letter perfect. He's not as important as Mahomes for obvious reasons, but he's more fun in many ways.

Getting old ****ing sucks. Play forever, Trav.
Troof... He's on the Mt Rushmore of Chiefs
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:51 AM 03-15-2024

A guy that just fucking gets it. Gets ALL of it. Amazing teammate, warrior on the field and I'm positive he's a bridge between guys like Mahomes (a bit more straight laced and 'company man') and Jones. How many times can a generational, first ballot HoF superstar also qualify as a 'glue guy' in your lockerroom? It's just so rare.

Getting old fucking sucks. Play forever, Trav.
Arguably my favorite Chief ever. Mahomes is the traditional leader, but Kelce is absolutely the emotional heartbeat of the team.

Thank Andy Reid for him maturing, too. He gave him his space to express himself while also reigning him in to realize how much his teammates look up to him and would emulate his words and actions.

I dont think any other coach could've done the same, they would either be a total asshole type or a total pushover. Andy and Mahomes was the perfect marriage, but so is Andy and Kelce. He absolutely maximizes Kelce's potential.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 52
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up