ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 120
« First < 192526272829 303132333979 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:45 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
It also installs another Yadi-like black hole in the line-up.

Too risky. We'll trade for Brad Keller and call it a season.

[Reply]
jd1020 12:56 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
But if he's such a terrible catcher such that the pitchers are going to suck that badly with him (which I guess will be proven now that he's getting benched), then why sign him at all? Especially to 5 years?

It all comes back around to the FO anyway.
I ultimately think they are giving him a rest because he might still be injured from that 102 mph fastball he took off the knee. Think someone had a tweet out there saying he was struggling to block balls to his right side and I think it was his right knee that got hit.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:29 PM 05-06-2023
lol these umpires are shit
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:46 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It's a valid argument. There was a reason the Cubs' only offer to Contreras came 3 years ago to buy out his arbitration years and none of his FA years. He's a terrible catcher. He's also really ****ing bad at calling a game and handling a pitching staff was rumored to be one of the main reasons Hoyer didn't want him and elected to go with a couple of guys that ONLY bring that to the table. Save Stroman, the entire Cubs pitching staff was a full run better throwing to Gomes last year.

The appeal to Contreras was that you could theoretically put him behind the plate and have a really good hitting catcher. Problem is, if you find out your entire pitching staff takes a hit and sucks dick and have to move his bat to the OF/DH then his bat isn't so hot any more.
I think the issue is that if you’re going to play Contreras at C, then you need someone who can also play good defense while being OK offensively to carry 60-70% of the load.

Contreras’ offense suffers with more playing time at C. Issue now is he isn’t hitting and his defense is shit at blocking balls (which might also be exacerbated by the pitching).
[Reply]
bdj23 03:38 PM 05-06-2023
I didn't pay for MLB.tv and I feel like I'm getting ripped off. They should be paying me to watch this horse shit.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:13 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I think the issue is that if you’re going to play Contreras at C, then you need someone who can also play good defense while being OK offensively to carry 60-70% of the load.

Contreras’ offense suffers with more playing time at C. Issue now is he isn’t hitting and his defense is shit at blocking balls (which might also be exacerbated by the pitching).
Then why the fuck did Mo sign the turd? More proof that it's not just ownership that's the problem
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:16 PM 05-06-2023
At least they aren't boring. They come up with a brand new way to choke almost every day.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:30 PM 05-06-2023
hi Cards fan. I don't usually care about the Cardinals because I'm not a fan to say the least. But I had to stop in and say LOL that your star catcher signing is now a mediocre DH that is no longer a catcher, 1 month into his 60 month deal. It's absolutely hilarious. Already their signing of Contreras makes the Angels signing of Anthony Rendon seem like baseball genius.

What an absolutely hilarious development from someone that roots against the Cardinals. It's almost too funny to really be true!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:32 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
hi Cards fan. I don't usually care about the Cardinals because I'm not a fan to say the least. But I had to stop in and say LOL that your star catcher signing is now a mediocre DH that is no longer a catcher, 1 month into his 60 month deal. It's absolutely hilarious. Already their signing of Contreras makes the Angels signing of Anthony Rendon seem like baseball genius.

What an absolutely hilarious development from someone that roots against the Cardinals. It's almost too funny to really be true!
You might be the most bizarre poster on CP right now.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:33 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You might be the most bizarre poster on CP right now.
"Contreras, signed to a five-year, $87.5MM deal in the winter, will now serve as a DH/outfielder for the team, further muddying an already crowded outfield picture in St Louis."

:-):-):-)

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:34 PM 05-06-2023
"Contreras, signed to a five-year, $87.5MM deal in the winter, will now serve as a DH/outfielder for the team, further muddying an already crowded outfield picture in St Louis."

I'm a Royals fan. So yeah, don't really care about Contreras or how poor the signing was. You're still incredibly strange, though
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:37 PM 05-06-2023
Umm why do we need a troll in here when we're beating the team up ourselves? Piss off blackbob Vontell
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:49 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Umm why do we need a troll in here when we're beating the team up ourselves? Piss off blackbob Vontell
oh if I wanted to troll you boys I certainly could have many times over this season already. But I don't exactly root for an Astros level juggernaut over here myself so I've stayed away from that. This Contreras news is just too epic though. I'm only human Mr. Pasta.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:53 PM 05-06-2023
oh if I wanted to troll you boys I certainly could have many times over this season already. But I don't exactly root for an Astros level juggernaut over here myself so I've stayed away from that. This Contreras news is just too epic though. I'm only human Mr. Pasta.
I'm pretty sure we dislike this team more than you do.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:08 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'm pretty sure we dislike this team more than you do.
I doubt it Mr. Joey Knish. The Cardinals are still a Missouri team just like the Royals. When Royals fans talk trash about the Cardinals it's like one brother talkin' trash to another brother. Sure, brothers relentlessly rip on each other, but everyone knows it's out of love, not hate.

I've never seen you savage the Cardinals at all now that I think about it. Perhaps it comes down to stones. Don't got the stones? You ignorant punk. I play for money. I owe rent. Child support. I play for money, not the fuckin' world series on ESPN.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 120
« First < 192526272829 303132333979 > Last »
Up