Page 29 of 68
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
1COOLDOG 08:25 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The dude seems locked in on getting out of there. They might call his bluff but do you really wanna keep a guy around who wants to leave that bad?

They should get 4+ first rounders at minimum IMO. Which at that point, the team trading for him may be handicapping themselves a bit too much to build a consistent top 5 team.
Why would any team give up so much now that everyone knows he's desperate to jump ship? The Ko-Texans will be lucky to pick up a can of Yahoo! and a used-up scratch-off ticket for him.
[Reply]
-King- 08:55 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by 1COOLDOG:
Why would any team give up so much now that everyone knows he's desperate to jump ship? The Ko-Texans will be lucky to pick up a can of Yahoo! and a used-up scratch-off ticket for him.
Because he can only go to one team and you want that team to be yours?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:02 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Because he can only go to one team and you want that team to be yours?
Yup. There will be a bidding war. And Houston is in no hurry to move him. Houston will get plenty of value out of this.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:08 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Problem is if you’re the Jets, you have to give up so much you can’t build a decent team around him.

That’s the problem with not drafting your QB. If you have to trade for a good one, you’re f***ed.

If you’re a good team like SF, you’re going to have to either trade the future, or part of your defense to get him.
Keep in mind the biggest trade chip is the pick you would have otherwise used for a qb. The Jets can package either their #2 pick or darnold. Hell, they could package both and not lose much (darnold has almost no trade value if the Jets keep the pick). Then Houston has to acknowledge that the NYJ are taking on Watsons expensive contract.

That eats into a lot of the trade comp. Let's say the NYJ throw in two firsts from there. That seems like a good deal for Houston and isn't devastating to the NYJ.
[Reply]
Punwit 09:08 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No one said he could have. he doesn't have the kind of arm strength to throw the ball 60 yards off his back foot. He can throw the ball 50+ if he can step into it.

But could he orchestrate some kind of a comeback, just in a different way? He has the talent. It just would've looked different.

And no one, least of all me, is saying Watson is on par with Mahomes. Just because some of us think Watson is a top-5 QB doesn't mean we think Watson=Mahomes. Why do you think that's what we're saying? All I'm saying is that Watson is definitely a franchise QB, capable of taking a good team and making them better.
I agreed with the bulk of your post I just disagreed with your conjecture that the Chiefs with Watson would have won the game against the Niners. I think that is a victory that is unique to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:13 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol 36 year old Brett Favre? Find an elite QB in there prime that only won 4 games.
Uh what? Two years later he went 13-3. And 2 years after that at the age of 40 he went 12-4. In both of those seasons he threw for over 4,000 yards, 28/33 TDs, 15/7 INTs. In fact, it’s been argued by analysts far smarter than you that Favre’s 2009 season at age 40 was his best statistically.

At 36 Brett Favre was still elite. But there’s only so much a QB can do when basically the whole starting receiving and rushing units go down with season ending injuries.

Which is just one of the reasons why W/L is not a QB stat.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:50 AM 01-30-2021

What I was told days ago by a trusted NFL source was Watson had zero interest in Denver and Stafford wanted warm weather. Someone should tell him Denver has 300 days of sunshine. Don’t mention the other 65.

— Woody Paige (@woodypaige) January 29, 2021

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:07 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Does this tard know that the other 65 happen during the football season?
[Reply]
joethomas 11:07 AM 01-30-2021
To me it seems like

Watson > Rams
Stafford > 49ers
Goff > Donks
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:10 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
To me it seems like

Watson > Rams
Stafford > 49ers
Goff > Donks
PLEASE let Goff be Denvers choice lol
[Reply]
joethomas 11:24 AM 01-30-2021
Well reports are that Rams are shopping Goff so they have to be in on Watson and the Rams don't mind trading their first round picks, surely wouldn't for someone like Watson who keeps their window open for years to come. Rams would have veteran players they could send who are ready to contribute in contrast to the Jets. Texans probably want to win a few games to get people back on board.

Article in Houston Chronicle said the Texans brass did not see Tua as an answer at QB and that they would prefer drafting one.

49ers seems right for Stafford so they can try to make a push with what they have, still feeling like their window is open.

Pack probably don't let Rodgers get away and switch to Love while they are still contending.

Donks don't have the ammo in players or picks to get any of the first choices but could settle for Goff to upgrade the position for now and prob have cap space to get it done.

Just one idiot's opinion
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:01 PM 01-30-2021
The Texans should trade Watson to the Dolphins for picks.
The Dolphins can trade Tua to *insert team because I don’t give a shit*.
The Lions trade Stafford to the 49ers for picks.
The Rams trade Goff and a pick to the Texans to take his contract.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
Well reports are that Rams are shopping Goff so they have to be in on Watson and the Rams don't mind trading their first round picks, surely wouldn't for someone like Watson who keeps their window open for years to come. Rams would have veteran players they could send who are ready to contribute in contrast to the Jets. Texans probably want to win a few games to get people back on board.

Article in Houston Chronicle said the Texans brass did not see Tua as an answer at QB and that they would prefer drafting one.

49ers seems right for Stafford so they can try to make a push with what they have, still feeling like their window is open.

Pack probably don't let Rodgers get away and switch to Love while they are still contending.

Donks don't have the ammo in players or picks to get any of the first choices but could settle for Goff to upgrade the position for now and prob have cap space to get it done.

Just one idiot's opinion
This likely means Jets and the 2nd pick is the target.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:19 PM 01-30-2021
Jets, Dolphins, Jaguars are the teams with two #1's i 2021.

I would expect with a new f.o. and coach, they want to jumpstart their rebuild. I would think those are your Watson likely spots.

Any other team would have to give up a #1 plus probably their best player and then maybe next year's #1 or this year's #2 or more.

And it's not unthinkable that Urban Meyer would just take the proven Watson over the potential of Lawrence; I mean #1 QB's bust all the time, and if you're banking your career on a guy, don't you take the guy you know can play at this level? It's not crazy.

I think it's The Jets though, ultimately.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:26 PM 01-30-2021
Chris Grier and Brian Flores have to be aggressive. It doesn’t matter what you did with Tua. Arizona should be full proof it can happen.

Get rid of him and bring in Watson.

With Watson you are easily better than the Bills and would instantly be the 2nd best team in the AFC that would be the biggest competition for the Chiefs since the Patriots in 2018.

It’s a no brainer
[Reply]
Page 29 of 68
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up