ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 100
« First < 192526272829 303132333979 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Buffalonative76 04:58 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Dude, you guys have a tough game against Indy.

Prob should win that before you start talking about us.
Bills will beat colts by double digits
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:59 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buffalonative76:
Its called mechanics and following through..that shoulder injury affected everything with his release including his footwork..as a bills fan you could plainly see Allen was off and in pain with every intermediate to deep throw
Yet Mahomes was a beast last season on 1 leg.
[Reply]
diqlix 04:59 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
In short:

Massive OL.

Tyreek-type speedster WR.

Freaky fast TE.

All-Pro RB that both runs like a bowling ball and can catch at a high level.

That plus the complementary players they have. But the great running game plus Waller, who's just a mutant freak, with the addition this year of Ruggs to take the top off the defense is probably the best 'winning formula' vs. the Chiefs. Waller, combined with Jacobs and Ruggs is about as unstoppable as it gets.

The weak link offensively for LVR is Derek Carr.

Insert a real QB under center and do something about their defense, and they'd be pretty damned dangerous to anyone.

But with Carr, they're just limited as to how good and/or consistent they can be. Offensively that is.

Defense is a whole other bucket of worms that I'm not going to get into to, because I'm not nearly bored enough to go there.
Interesting.

Thank you.

So a strong running game + a freak TE + a good QB is a good recipe for success against KC?

Why do you feel that formula doesn’t work as well against other teams?
[Reply]
TEX 05:03 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Bills need to make to KC to have a chance to beat them. You are counting chickens that haven't hatched. The egg has barely been laid.
Exactly. And the last playoff game I saw Josh Allen in, he came COMPLETELY UNRAVELED when it was time to step up. I remember seeing TOTAL PANIC on his face up on the jumbo screen in Reliant Stadium. That's when I knew the Texans would win the game. Maybe his shoulder was hurting then too? :-)
[Reply]
notorious 05:03 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
If the Bills meet the Chiefs in the AFCCG, then great. Would love to talk shop with Bills Fans.

Until then, Bills fans, feel free to get ****ed (except Cntrygal - she's a CP icon).
Cntygal is amazing.

The rest of the posters are passive-aggressive wannabes.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:04 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Fun fact: 538's model gives the Chiefs a 74% chance to make the championship game and the Bills a 55% chance.

This is a lot of discussion for a scenario that won't happen for at least three weeks and only has a 40% chance of happening anyway.
Thanks for the link.

That’s cool.

No other AFC team has higher than a 24% chance to make it to the AFCCCG.

Chiefs at 74% and Bills at 55% are the clear favorites by far.
[Reply]
TEX 05:05 PM 01-04-2021
Its called mechanics and following through..that shoulder injury affected everything with his release including his footwork..as a bills fan you could plainly see Allen was off and in pain with every intermediate to deep throw
Its called an EXCUSE.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:07 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
And most importantly, teams don’t stay “hot” or “cold” forever. Those trends change with time and you don’t always know when.
Just last year the Ravens were hot, hot, hot and lost their first game.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:08 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Bills need to make to KC to have a chance to beat them. You are counting chickens that haven't hatched. The egg has barely been laid.
KC has to make it to the Bills too.

Was just reading the Pats forum and some of them are convinced that KC won’t make it past Baltimore. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:09 PM 01-04-2021
I've never heard of this before. Guess we will need to start watching the non-throwing shoulders of the QB prospects...

:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 05:10 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:

Was just reading the Pats forum and some of them are convinced that KC won’t make it past Baltimore. :-)
You care FAR too much about what people on random internet forums say. Including ours.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 05:11 PM 01-04-2021

Shows how much those retards(and yourself) know, we fucking own Baltimore.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:12 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You care FAR too much about what people on random internet forums say. Including ours.
I like to hear all opinions.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:12 PM 01-04-2021

:-) - I can't think of a post that sums up your football IQ better than the above. LOL
[Reply]
diqlix 05:13 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
:-) - I can't think of a post that sums up your football IQ better than the above. LOL
My IQ is summed up by what other people say? uh...
[Reply]
Page 29 of 100
« First < 192526272829 303132333979 > Last »
Up