ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 62
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:49 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Rodgers was the best off-platform passer in the NFL until Mahomes. Mahomes can just do even crazier things to get the ball off when he is blitzed than Aaron can right now.
Eh, idk about that. Rodgers is still pretty goddamn good at it.

I'm not trying to argue which is better, but we're talking 1a to 1b in that category there, even with Rodgers' old ass.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:55 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Eh, idk about that. Rodgers is still pretty goddamn good at it.

I'm not trying to argue which is better, but we're talking 1a to 1b in that category there, even with Rodgers' old ass.
Oh, for sure Aaron is still amazing. Mahomes is just otherworldly when it comes to off-platform throws and delivery.
[Reply]
Best22 12-16-2020, 03:06 PM
This message has been deleted by Best22.
Shaid 03:32 PM 12-16-2020
I wouldn't shed too many tears if Rodgers gets it either but I do have to consider that Mahomes is on pace for 5000 yards and currently has just 5 picks. Noone has gotten there with fewer than 10. So Mahomes has a chance to do something never before done in NFL history, will have more wins, and a worse Oline with no running game. I still give Mahomes the edge, it's hard not to. I do understand the arguments for Rodgers but a great season vs a historic season tips it in my opinion.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:46 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, when the mvp vote comes down to which great supporting cast is worse that's a pretty good sign that either one would be a good choice. Of course my homer side wants it to go to mahomes. But this isn't like 2018 when brees was getting overhyped. Can't say I'll be all that mad if Rodgers wins it. He's having one hell of a year.
If it comes down to supporting cast and they have similar results, wouldn’t the one with the lesser supporting cast be more valuable?
[Reply]
Shaid 03:49 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
If it comes down to supporting cast and they have similar results, wouldn’t the one with the lesser supporting cast be more valuable?
Oline should be considered in the supporting cast but few do.
[Reply]
bowener 03:59 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
No the killer weapon for Mahomes in the race is that he is streets ahead in yardage. plus his td/int ratio is still fantastic.
This. If Rodgers and Mahomes' TD/INT ratio remains the same, but Mahomes averages 20 yards more per game he will have the third-most passing yards all-time. He's currently on pace for 5/6th all time.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:02 PM 12-16-2020
Rodgers plays that horrific Titans defense on prime time. He’s gonna put up at least 4 TD’s.

He’s probably got it
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:15 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rodgers plays that horrific Titans defense on prime time. He’s gonna put up at least 4 TD’s.

He’s probably got it
Yeah more than likely Rodgers will win it. All good MVP is a stupid award anyway. It's basically 'what QB has best year,' award. Aaron Donald should have won it a few years ago.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:42 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I mean, you might as well just flip a coin since that's so subjective. If we're talking about a qb carrying an atrocious offense vs one loaded with talent, sure. But here we have two outstanding QBs with excellent supporting casts having mostly flawless seasons. The fact that we're debating about players around the qb vs the actual qb tells you this thing is pretty much a toss up.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:04 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Mahomes 3 INT "worst" game of the season still compares much more favorably to Aaron Rodgers worst game of the season, which was a blowout loss to Tampa (he had 160 yards passing 2 INTs and 0 TDs).

At least Mahomes had 2 TD passes and almost 400 yards passing, AND most importantly a win in his "worst" game of the season.
And we could possibly finish 15-1, or 14-2, and that will also matter to the voters.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
NEOM 07:29 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yeah more than likely Rodgers will win it. All good MVP is a stupid award anyway. It's basically 'what QB has best year,' award. Aaron Donald should have won it a few years ago.
I agree it is to QB focused
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:19 AM 12-17-2020
Holy Shit, Cowherd is so pathetic

pandering about how much greenbay sucks as a place and as ownership and how Rodgers has to deal with that shitfest and that's why he deserves MVP

some of these media talking heads need to just stop trying to go against the inevitable
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:42 AM 12-17-2020
If everything holds the way it is now, Rodgers will have a higher completion percentage and passer rating while throwing for more TDs and fewer INTs. Rodgers also has the Packers leading the league in scoring. Meanwhile, Mahomes will have the edge in passing yards, YPA, and wins.

Mahomes had a stronger case before throwing those 3 INTs on Sunday, but he may still pull through. I think most people outside of this board would agree that Rodgers is the front runner at the moment, though.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:04 PM 12-17-2020
At least Rodgers is a legit MVP candidate.

That 2018 year with Brees and Aaron Donald was just plain shameful. Stupid. Idiotic. And it's made even worse when nobody argued for "the good story" or the old guy over Lamar. If you're doing that shit just to generate conversation and buzz, then do it every year.
[Reply]
El caliente 12:06 PM 12-17-2020
As a Saints fan and seeing Drew get screwed out of MVP awards before, I want Pat of King Henry to win the MVP over Rodgers. I loath that turd, but on second thought, I would prefer Aaron win it and miss out (or lose) the Super Bowl as the majority of league MVPs do.

And Cowherd can suck an egg.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 62
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up