ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 53
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Anybody that was paying attention kind of knew this. He was a ST's ace at Georgia. He had 74 returns and only 60 receptions. He only played in 23 games total.

He was always going to be a project.
But it’s an oversimplification. He wasn’t a “fast guy playing football”. He was a guy learning a new position. There’s a difference. He obviously doesn’t have the natural receiving ability that Tyreek did, but most guys look like that when they’re learning a new position.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:11 PM 12-22-2020
They are different players playing different roles albeit the same position. Harman can't really block for shit in the running game. Robinson kinda can. I look at Robinson as more of Sammy's understudy - the albert wilson or Maclin role, Tyreek made a role for himself being a guy who could cut the head off the defense deep or get the ball on a reverse or short play and take it. Tyreek took that role and expanded it to that of a true #1 that can operate anywhere on the field and do almost anything, save being a tall possession type in condensed areas of the field - like the redzone or 3rd and short plays where you are throwing fades to the sidelines and hoping the tall guy wins. That's his only weakness and it's not really a weakness cause he can out jump almost every tall defender in the league.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:18 PM 12-22-2020
If reek is well covered by a taller defender and the ball is on its way and pat can't throw him open - that's the only time you can win more than 50% of the time. That's why we signed T. Sharpe. We are actually a little bit incomplete in the redzone and don't have a tall wr who can go up against bigger corners in the corners of the end zone.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:22 PM 12-22-2020
Typically kelce starts in the middle of the field on our redzone plays because he is such an effective relief valve on those short passes, or direct snaps, shovel passes and he blocks well for our running/reverse/ option game. Andy wants the corner/back of the end zone fade option available, sammy doesn't do that, nor does robinson. Sharpe is going to be a go up and get it guy.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:04 AM 12-23-2020
:-)

Drob haș 10 career receiving TDs and ZERO ST TD's in 4 seasons.

Hardman has 10 career receiving TDs and 2 ST TD's in TWO seasons.

Good God man, do you ever get tired of being so fucking wrong?
I said something like this earlier in the thread, but Hardman is a second year player, on a team with a TE who is about to obliterate the record for receiving yards in a season for Tight Ends, and is going to catch 100 or more passes, and on a team with a WR who is going to finish in the top 5, if not higher, for receiving yards and TD catches.

Plus, the team's #2 WR was a top 10 draft pick, and an important part of the offense.

The people bitching about Hardman have unreasonable expectations based on all those factors.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:05 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I said something like this earlier in the thread, but Hardman is a second year player, on a team with a TE who is about to obliterate the record for receiving yards in a season for Tight Ends, and is going to catch 100 or more passes, and on a team with a WR who is going to finish in the top 5, if not higher, for receiving yards and TD catches.

Plus, the team's #2 WR was a top 10 draft pick, and an important part of the offense.

The people bitching about Hardman have unreasonable expectations based on all those factors.

He's also playing w a generational talent at QB and one of best offensive play designers of all-time.. Don't forget to mention that..
[Reply]
O.city 07:20 AM 12-23-2020
Anybody that was paying attention kind of knew this. He was a ST's ace at Georgia. He had 74 returns and only 60 receptions. He only played in 23 games total.

He was always going to be a project.
Exactly

But I’d also prefer to stop drafting those types with high draft picks
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:32 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He's also playing w a generational talent at QB and one of best offensive play designers of all-time.. Don't forget to mention that..
That doesn't mean there are more footballs to go around.

Andy Reid may be an offensive genius, but not even the Mighty Andy Reid can design a play that includes two footballs.

[Reply]
Oxford 08:28 AM 12-23-2020
Anybody that was paying attention kind of knew this. He was a ST's ace at Georgia. He had 74 returns and only 60 receptions. He only played in 23 games total. He was always going to be a project.
Hardman is a "GO route" guy. The reason why PMII is on him is is to get him to up his game. PMII needs someone who will run the route correctly and be in the right place at the right time. This is why it takes time in AR's offense, precision and timing are the watchwords.

It is why DRob hangs around, its also why Kelce and PMII work so well together.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:41 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I've seen enough from you to know you don't always have the best takes either. Pot, meet kettle.

My football takes are pretty good for a guitar player. I'm right more often than I'm wrong.

The difference between you and me is-

when I'm shown I'm wrong, I admit it, absorb the new information, and move on with new knowledge.

You keep digging.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:19 AM 12-23-2020
Hardman was a second round pick. Robinson was a fourth rounder. Hardman should have much higher expectations. Robinson probably won't be on the team next season. We've gotten good value for him already as a fourth rounder.

There's no doubt this team needs Hardman to step up and keep improving. With Watkins and Robinson likely gone next year, Hardman becomes the #2 receiver. More snaps. Will need to improve his route running, hands, and especially his blocking.

I won't say he's been disappointing so far, because he hasn't been. Just needs to improve to be more effective as an every down player next season.

Unfortunately he will always be compared to two other receivers taken in that same round, in A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf (both of whom went to Ole Miss and have initials for first names). I'm guessing Ole Miss must have been pretty good offensively. Brown was taken ahead of him and Metcalf behind. I'd be curious to know whether the Chiefs had Brown ahead of Hardman on their board.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:40 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Hardman was a second round pick. Robinson was a fourth rounder. Hardman should have much higher expectations. Robinson probably won't be on the team next season. We've gotten good value for him already as a fourth rounder.

There's no doubt this team needs Hardman to step up and keep improving. With Watkins and Robinson likely gone next year, Hardman becomes the #2 receiver. More snaps. Will need to improve his route running, hands, and especially his blocking.

I won't say he's been disappointing so far, because he hasn't been. Just needs to improve to be more effective as an every down player next season.

Unfortunately he will always be compared to two other receivers taken in that same round, in A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf (both of whom went to Ole Miss and have initials for first names). I'm guessing Ole Miss must have been pretty good offensively. Brown was taken ahead of him and Metcalf behind. I'd be curious to know whether the Chiefs had Brown ahead of Hardman on their board.
Someone can likely correct me on this, but it sounds like Hardman doesn’t become the #2 because he’s not capable of playing the X. He’s likely either the #3 or the backup for Tyreek if he’s unavailable.

And the comparison will never be with someone like Brown (A.J. or Hollywood) because neither was available. He will always be compared to not only Metcalf but also McLaurin and Diontae Johnson. Zero sense in complaining about it anymore, what’s done is done. I suppose the explanation is we needed someone with a skill set similar to Tyreek, although personally i’d prefer they have some flexibility and take the better overall receiver, not that anyone cares what my preference is.

To me the big problem this coming season if both Watkins and Robinson leave and if Hardman can’t play the X it’s doubtful in Reid’s offense a rooki can step in right away. I assume Pringle is the next in line at #2 until the rookie learns the offense?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:52 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Exactly

But I’d also prefer to stop drafting those types with high draft picks
He was drafted because they thought Hill was gone, Hill was a project that worked out better than anyone anticipated by about 100 miles so they were taking another shot. They wanted a speed guy.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:29 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Someone can likely correct me on this, but it sounds like Hardman doesn’t become the #2 because he’s not capable of playing the X. He’s likely either the #3 or the backup for Tyreek if he’s unavailable.

And the comparison will never be with someone like Brown (A.J. or Hollywood) because neither was available. He will always be compared to not only Metcalf but also McLaurin and Diontae Johnson. Zero sense in complaining about it anymore, what’s done is done. I suppose the explanation is we needed someone with a skill set similar to Tyreek, although personally i’d prefer they have some flexibility and take the better overall receiver, not that anyone cares what my preference is.

To me the big problem this coming season if both Watkins and Robinson leave and if Hardman can’t play the X it’s doubtful in Reid’s offense a rooki can step in right away. I assume Pringle is the next in line at #2 until the rookie learns the offense?
If Pringle becomes the #2 guy over Hardman, isn't that an indication that Hardman is not progressing? You refer to him as a rookie, but next year will be his third season. You draft a guy in the second round expecting him to become an every down starter in several years at most.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:45 AM 12-23-2020
Hardman hasn't been an instant all-pro but I don't think he's at his ceiling yet at least. He'll never be Tyreek, or even a pro bowl WR, but he can grow into a decent #2.

I think the thing holding him back right now is between the ears, but he seems like he has a great attitude and will continue to improve.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 53
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up