ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 29 of 59
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:41 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Can you repurpose a respirator as a bong?
Ask these dudes, they can prolly figure something out for you.

https://www.boredpanda.com/ventilato...mpaign=organic

[Reply]
Frazod 01:54 PM 04-01-2020
Left the house today and the sun was actually out. Felt like a fucking vampire there for a minute.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:21 PM 04-01-2020
Really missing seeing my kids and grandkids.
Facetime just doesn't cut it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:28 PM 04-01-2020
The person helping out with my class posted work for distance learning. Good stuff, but unreasonable for the kids to do and no structure. 9 things-all to be handed in. I would be looking at 1800 assignments and 1800 emails. NFW.

But with Google and Schoology being overloaded-took everything over today. I was not trying to be mean-but they need simple work and a lot of structure. That is what I can do.

So I will take her ideas-put it into a structured lesson and keep it short.

IF you are having the same issues....Schoology and Google are overwhelmed. And they are not talking to each other well. Give your kids a break. Hopefully the teachers adapt.
[Reply]
38yrsfan 06:35 AM 04-02-2020
My wife works in banking in Spokane. As an 'essential' business employees are required to work as normal. A coworker has vulnerable family members and has declined to come in to mitigate risk to her husband and children.

The HR people told her that she can use vacation and sick time until they are exhausted at which time she needs to return to work or lose her position due to 'job abandonment'. Sucks.

Money is filthy under normal conditions but now ......
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:59 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by 38yrsfan:
My wife works in banking in Spokane. As an 'essential' business employees are required to work as normal. A coworker has vulnerable family members and has declined to come in to mitigate risk to her husband and children.

The HR people told her that she can use vacation and sick time until they are exhausted at which time she needs to return to work or lose her position due to 'job abandonment'. Sucks.

Money is filthy under normal conditions but now ......
Can’t she just file FMLA after she used her leave? That way they can’t fire her....but she just doesn’t get paid?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
The person helping out with my class posted work for distance learning. Good stuff, but unreasonable for the kids to do and no structure. 9 things-all to be handed in. I would be looking at 1800 assignments and 1800 emails. NFW.

But with Google and Schoology being overloaded-took everything over today. I was not trying to be mean-but they need simple work and a lot of structure. That is what I can do.

So I will take her ideas-put it into a structured lesson and keep it short.

IF you are having the same issues....Schoology and Google are overwhelmed. And they are not talking to each other well. Give your kids a break. Hopefully the teachers adapt.
Our school district is sending out weekly learning packets that aren’t due and aren’t graded. They’re just there for the kids to keep up with what they’ve been learning. I think the plan right now is if the kid was on track to move to the next grade....then they’re going to just move them.

I have a feeling that the next grade level for everyone is going to be fucking nuts because they’re going to have to teach them stuff that they should have already been taught but couldn’t.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:20 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Our school district is sending out weekly learning packets that aren’t due and aren’t graded. They’re just there for the kids to keep up with what they’ve been learning. I think the plan right now is if the kid was on track to move to the next grade....then they’re going to just move them.

I have a feeling that the next grade level for everyone is going to be fucking nuts because they’re going to have to teach them stuff that they should have already been taught but couldn’t.
That's what they're doing here.

I asked the wife what she thought of that. She told me that, at least with her kids, the parents that would make their kids read and do math and things regardless will do the stuff they send out. The ones that wouldn't wont.

I wonder how it will work in high school and things where the grades, you know, matter.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's what they're doing here.

I asked the wife what she thought of that. She told me that, at least with her kids, the parents that would make their kids read and do math and things regardless will do the stuff they send out. The ones that wouldn't wont.

I wonder how it will work in high school and things where the grades, you know, matter.
No clue.

But we’re making our kids stick to a schedule during this whole thing. Up in the morning....shower and breakfast. Reading and school work until lunch and then they have some free time in the afternoon. It’s raining here so outside is kind of hard for them at the moment. If we didn’t do that....they would all sleep in until 11 and not do shit all day.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:16 AM 04-02-2020
No clue.

But we’re making our kids stick to a schedule during this whole thing. Up in the morning....shower and breakfast. Reading and school work until lunch and then they have some free time in the afternoon. It’s raining here so outside is kind of hard for them at the moment. If we didn’t do that....they would all sleep in until 11 and not do shit all day.
smart parenting
[Reply]
Mecca 10:19 AM 04-02-2020
No clue.

How old are your kids....
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:19 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How old are your kids....
13, 9 and 9.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:24 AM 04-02-2020
Saw an article-School may have stopped but learning needs to continue.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:27 AM 04-02-2020
13, 9 and 9.
Ok I have 17 and 16 and the 16 year old fucking hates school and is you know one of those kids that refuses to do work and all that so everything is going about as well as you'd expect on that front.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:28 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ok I have 17 and 16 and the 16 year old fucking hates school and is you know one of those kids that refuses to do work and all that so everything is going about as well as you'd expect on that front.
I don’t envy you. All three of my kids miss school and are disappointed that they have to be stuck at home right now.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 59
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up