ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
SupDock 09:29 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
You’re probably right, but it’s hard to take your analysis seriously when you constantly call Allen a 1 read QB when he’s the complete opposite.

For all his issues, and there were several, being a 1 read guy was never one of them. Ever.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalo...5f710.amp.html

Jim Kubiak: Progression of reads part of Bills QB Josh Allen's undoing vs. Titans

:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:52 PM 01-07-2021
You’re probably right, but it’s hard to take your analysis seriously when you constantly call Allen a 1 read QB when he’s the complete opposite.

For all his issues, and there were several, being a 1 read guy was never one of them. Ever.
Why would I care if a moron like you took me seriously? Just clap your hands like a seal for Buffalo.

If you were a more educated football fan you would know tons of NFL teams have adapted the simpler college game to maximize their QB.

Very few Peytons, or Brady or Brees cerebral QBs coming out of the college game. Allen has great physical tools and depends heavily on his pre snap read. Right now Daboll has it set up great.

Allen, Herbert, Tannehill, and Trubisky all thrive in this type of system.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:58 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Why would I care if a moron like you took me seriously? Just clap your hands like a seal for Buffalo.

If you were a more educated football fan you would know tons of NFL teams have adapted the simpler college game to maximize their QB.

Very few Peytons, or Brady or Brees cerebral QBs coming out of the college game. Allen has great physical tools and depends heavily on his pre snap read. Right now Daboll has it set up great.

Allen, Herbert, Tannehill, and Trubisky all thrive in this type of system.
Literally none of what you said makes him a 1 read QB.

Allen has had his issues but not going through progressions or reading a defense has ever been one of them.

For goodness sake, Allen is literally top-5 in the NFL when forced beyond his first read. Read that back to yourself.

[Reply]
diqlix 10:02 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalo...5f710.amp.html

Jim Kubiak: Progression of reads part of Bills QB Josh Allen's undoing vs. Titans

:-)
Not sure if you actually read the article but... he was saying that Allen wanted to push the ball down the field instead of go to his checkdowns.

That’s not the same as going to your first read.

“ Titans coach Mike Vrabel’s defensive philosophy was designed to challenge Allen to be patient and dink-and-dunk the ball down the field. It was a successful calculation as Allen could not resist big-play temptations.”
[Reply]
diqlix 10:11 PM 01-07-2021
Mahomes was top 5 in this stat too.

Highest PFF Passing Grade when forced beyond their first read:
�� Josh Allen
�� Deshaun Watson
�� Matt Ryan pic.twitter.com/Nxfs1rWDav

— PFF (@PFF) December 4, 2020

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:12 PM 01-07-2021
Literally none of what you said makes him a 1 read QB.

Allen has had his issues but not going through progressions or reading a defense has ever been one of them.

For goodness sake, Allen is literally top-5 in the NFL when forced beyond his first read. Read that back to yourself.

The same shit was happening in Wyoming. You are a strange "fan" of the Bills in that you know less about your team than I do.

Your explanation of the Tennessee and Kansas City game was that his non-throwing shoulder was hindering his performance so just stop there. Keep living in fantasy land while you can because it is going to end soon enough.

PFF is garbage.

Then again you told me a region read with two guys was multiple progressions. Maybe you should work for PFF!

He can "read a defense". Pre-snap. That's why when KC lied to him he fell apart. Less than 100 yards passing with a couple minutes to go...
[Reply]
New World Order 10:16 PM 01-07-2021
Not sure if you actually read the article but... he was saying that Allen wanted to push the ball down the field instead of go to his checkdowns.

That’s not the same as going to your first read.

“ Titans coach Mike Vrabel’s defensive philosophy was designed to challenge Allen to be patient and dink-and-dunk the ball down the field. It was a successful calculation as Allen could not resist big-play temptations.”
Who cares. What we did last year was better than anything your pathetic franchise has done in the last 60 years
[Reply]
diqlix 10:21 PM 01-07-2021
The same shit was happening in Wyoming. You are a strange "fan" of the Bills in that you know less about your team than I do.

Your explanation of the Tennessee and Kansas City game was that his non-throwing shoulder was hindering his performance so just stop there. Keep living in fantasy land while you can because it is going to end soon enough.

PFF is garbage.

Then again you told me a region read with two guys was multiple progressions. Maybe you should work for PFF!

He can "read a defense". Pre-snap. That's why when KC lied to him he fell apart. Less than 100 yards passing with a couple minutes to go...
First of all, a “region read” doesn’t exist.

I played football at multiple levels and literally never heard that term.

I assume you mean a high/low read.

And it is two progressions.

Humans can not decipher with any clarity two objects of varying distance with any clarity. Research “focal length” for more on this.

Even on a high/low read, the QB has a 1-2 progression. Typically deep, then shallow.

You’re just wrong in every facet.

PS, PFF is garbage? They have Mahomes top 5 in that stat too. Guess they’re wrong about that?

PSS, The fact that you don’t realize that a non-throwing shoulder can throw off mechanics, tells me everything I need to know about your football knowledge.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:27 PM 01-07-2021
First of all, a “region read” doesn’t exist.

I assume you mean a high/low read.

And it is two progressions.

Humans can not decipher with any clarity two objects of varying distance with any clarity. Research “focal length” for more on this.

Even on a high/low read, the QB has a 1-2 profession. Typically deep, then shallow.

You’re just wrong in every facet.

PS, PFF is garbage? They have Mahomes top 5 in that stat too. Guess they’re wrong about that?

If Allen can't see two guys in a region on his first progression, he is even dumber than I thought.

Fine, you can say Allen is a 1/3 of a field read QB.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:38 PM 01-07-2021
If Allen can't see two guys in a region on his first progression, he is even dumber than I thought.

Fine, you can say Allen is a 1/3 of a field read QB.
Did you play?
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:39 PM 01-07-2021
Mahomes was top 5 in this stat too.
PFF is trash. It has less value than toilet paper.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:40 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
PFF is trash. It has less value than toilet paper.
I assume they’re wrong about Pat being good at that then?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:42 PM 01-07-2021
Did you play?
No but one of my good friends coached in college football. Region reads are discussed all the time at coaching clinics.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:49 PM 01-07-2021

PFF had Brady ranked higher than Mahomes as late as week 10. Despite having worse stats in all main categories used to evaluate a QB and after Brady had already lost (destroyed) twice by the Saints, Bears and barely beat an awful Giants team.

You expect us to take that garbage site seriously?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:50 PM 01-07-2021
You haven't sold us on Buffalo being scary or Allen as a HOF player but one thing you have done is created a strong dislike for your team. I will definitely be cheering for Indy as their fans are far less obnoxious than Buffalo assholes.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up