ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 39
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2018-2019 NBA Off Season Thread!!!
Al Bundy 09:21 AM 06-11-2018
Will Lebron leave Cleveland? Will KD stay in Oakland? Who goes first to the sorry ass Suns? Will the Sacramento Kings do anything to not be a bottom tier organization? Drop draft stuff in here.
Draft Order.

1 Phoenix Suns
Deandre Ayton C Arizona

2 Sacramento Kings
Marvin Balgey III PF Duke

3 Atlanta Hawks
Luke Doncic PG Slovenia (Traded to Mavericks)

4 Memphis Grizzlies
Jaren Jackson JR PF Michigan State

5 Dallas Mavericks
Trae Young PG Oklahoma (Traded to Atlanta)

6 Orlando Magic
Mohamed Bamba C Texas

7 Chicago Bulls
Wendell Carter Jr. C Duke

8 Cleveland Cavaliers (via Nets)
Colin Sexton PG Alabama

9 New York Knicks
Kevin Knox SF Kentucky

10 Philadelphia 76ers (via Lakers)
Mikal Bridges SF Villanova (Traded to Suns for Zhaire Smith)

11 Charlotte Hornets
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander PG Kentucky (Traded To Clippers)

12 Los Angeles Clippers (via Pistons)
Miles Bridges SF Michigan State.(Traded to Hornets)

13 Los Angeles Clippers
Jerome Robinson SG Boston College

14 Denver Nuggets
Michael Porter Jr. SF Missouri

15 Washington Wizards
Troy Brown Jr. SF Oregon

16 Phoenix Suns (via Heat)
Zhaire Smith SF Texas Tech (Traded to Philadelphia)

17 Milwaukee Bucks
Donte DiVincenzo SG Villanova

18 San Antonio Spurs
Lonnie Walker IV SG Miami

19 Atlanta Hawks (via Timberwolves)
Kevin Huerter SG Maryland

20 Minnesota Timberwolves (via Thunder)
Josh Okogie SG Georgia Tech

21 Utah Jazz
Grayson Allen SG Duke

22 Chicago Bulls (via Pelicans)
Chandler Hutchison SG Boise State

23 Indiana Pacers
Aaron Holiday PG UCLA

24 Portland Trail Blazers
Anfernee Simons SG USA

25 Los Angeles Lakers (via Cavaliers)
Moritz Wagner PF Michigan

26 Philadelphia 76ers
Landry Shamet PG Wichita State

27 Boston Celtics
Robert Williams C Texas A&M

28 Golden State Warriors
Jacob Evans SG Cincinnati

29 Brooklyn Nets
Dzanana Musa SF Bosnia-Herzegovina

30 Atlanta Hawks (via Houston Rockets)
Omari Spellman PF Villanova.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:55 PM 07-02-2018
This is why the NBA needs a hard cap.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:56 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That trash team took how many from SA and GS last year? I'd say the are the favorites to win the title now.
That's hilarious. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:57 PM 07-02-2018

Well well the NBA is NUTS and also the best league lmao pic.twitter.com/zwtcgq9oZP

— Joel Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 3, 2018

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 06:58 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
It’s a bit more difficult this year, lots of the top talent are going bitch route and stacking on certain teams. It’ll be GS for the West (only variable is major injuries). Nobody is really stacking on the East but it will almost assuredly be BOS/TOR. How boring is that? 30 teams and before the season starts: 84% are pretty much guaranteed to not be in the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit to GS coming out of the West. 90% of the teams in the league (barring major injuries) have virtually 0 chance of making the finals. Cool league.

[Reply]
dirk digler 06:58 PM 07-02-2018
:-)

pic.twitter.com/rqniUd4qKe

— Camden Knies (@camden_knies11) July 3, 2018

[Reply]
-King- 06:59 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
This is why the NBA needs a hard cap.
Eh. If owners want to pay out the ass in luxury taxes, let them. I know I'm in the minority, but I love how players can take their careers in their own hands now.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:01 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Eh. If owners want to pay out the ass in luxury taxes, let them. I know I'm in the minority, but I love how players can take their careers in their own hands now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Look at Marian Hossa in the NHL and what he did with the Red Wings and the Penguins. They have a hard cap.

Or Chris Long and the Eagles and Patriots.
[Reply]
-King- 07:01 PM 07-02-2018
Edit to GS coming out of the West. 90% of the teams in the league (barring major injuries) have virtually 0 chance of making the finals. Cool league.

Draft as good as the warriors did and good things will happen to you. Other teams should stop crying and draft better. Maybe then top free agents will want to come to them.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
-King- 07:02 PM 07-02-2018
Look at Marian Hossa in the NHL and what he did with the Red Wings and the Penguins. They have a hard cap.

Or Chris Long and the Eagles and Patriots.
I don't know who the first player is, but Chris long is just an above average player. Don't see how he compares to stars in the NBA.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 07:05 PM 07-02-2018
Draft as good as the warriors did and good things will happen to you. Other teams should stop crying and draft better. Maybe then top free agents will want to come to them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Enjoy your league where the players have control. That season’s gonna be something else. I’ll be back when the shit show ends.

[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:07 PM 07-02-2018
I don't know who the first player is, but Chris long is just an above average player. Don't see how he compares to stars in the NBA.
Posted via Mobile Device
Marian Hossa is a forward in the NHL, who 10 years ago, was arguably one of the best free agents and players in the league.

He was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins midway through the season, who lost in the Stanley Cup Final to the Red Wings. The next year he signed a 1 year deal to join the Red Wings instead of returning to the Penguins, who ended up beating the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Finals again.

After that, he signed a long ass contract in Chicago and has won 3 cups there.

Point is, he was able to have the flexibility to chase a cup, but under the restriction of a hard cap in which teams had to clear way for his salary. Warriors/Cavs/whoever don't have to really do that, which ends up ruining the balance of the league.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:08 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

That's awesome.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:11 PM 07-02-2018
Posted via Mobile Device
Drafting is key.

The Cavs could legitimately have this starting lineup right now:

Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson (Took Tristan Thompson)
LeBron James
Greek Freak (Took Anthony Bennett)
Joel Embiid (Took Andrew Wiggins and traded for Kevin Love)

Granted lottery odds and all that would’ve changed, but you get the idea.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:15 PM 07-02-2018
Marian Hossa is a forward in the NHL, who 10 years ago, was arguably one of the best free agents and players in the league.

He was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins midway through the season, who lost in the Stanley Cup Final to the Red Wings. The next year he signed a 1 year deal to join the Red Wings instead of returning to the Penguins, who ended up beating the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Finals again.

After that, he signed a long ass contract in Chicago and has won 3 cups there.

Point is, he was able to have the flexibility to chase a cup, but under the restriction of a hard cap in which teams had to clear way for his salary. Warriors/Cavs/whoever don't have to really do that, which ends up ruining the balance of the league.

GS drafted and developed their core stars and won a NBA championship with them. It is alot different than Lebron going to Miami or now LA.
[Reply]
-King- 07:17 PM 07-02-2018
Enjoy your league where the players have control. That season’s gonna be something else. I’ll be back when the shit show ends.

What's wrong with players having control? It's their careers. You're mad that they want to win?

I remember back in the good ole days when people would get mad at players for picking money over winning. Now that they're picking winning over money, that's a problem too I see
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 29 of 39
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up