ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 48
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:23 PM 09-03-2021
And it looks like a pickup....

I'm no ford fan but this is much more appealing than the cybertruck.

That being said the cyber truck isn't necessarily dead. There are some SERIOUS Fanbois around. Just see this thread.
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:30 PM 09-03-2021
I recently bought a decent amount of F stock in anticipation of this.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:32 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

That being said the cyber truck isn't necessarily dead. There are some SERIOUS Fanbois around. Just see this thread.
I know, but it doesn't matter. The only real chance Tesla had at stealing the Epickup market was to start selling them before the big boys got involved. Instead, Ford has stolen the march on Tesla, and the Ford is simply a F-150 with a giant battery in it. And everyone knows that Ford knows how to build a pickup; it's a proven design and technology. It's not shocking that Tesla just announced that they are postponing production of their pickup until 2023.

And by then Chevy's Silverado EV will be on the market. Ram can't be far behind, not to mention Toyota's Tacoma/Tundra.

The game is over. Tesla might sell a few to the diehard fanbois, but any dreams they had to capturing a significant portion of America's pickup community died when Ford introduced the Lightning. They probably would be better off if they just scrapped the cybertruck no before it costs them more.
[Reply]
backinblack 10:33 PM 09-03-2021
find it kind of funny Ford being this ambitious with new tech when they can barely build cars right now due to the chip shortage. I know it's not their fault but man, the shortage couldn't have happened at a worse time for them.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:37 PM 09-03-2021
Sounds pretty neat. Especially the app that can pre plan where you will need to recharge based on its calculations of your trip.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:43 PM 09-03-2021
Cyber truck is delayed again anyway. The F150 is definitely going to set the bar.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:50 AM 09-04-2021
230 or 300 mile range in ideal conditions is quite restricting, if you are towing anything it is probably quite a bit less. Good for the suburban truck guy, not much else.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:33 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I dont know if there is a big market for the Cybertruck. I actually kind of like it. Its different and in your face. The F150 electric just looks like another truck and I definitely dont want that. But I acknowledge Im a niche type of customer.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:04 AM 09-04-2021
To me the cyber truck says that they’re setting out to make something different, not just an electric version of an F-150 which most people are going to look at and say, why don’t I just stick with the regular F-150 that I know is great and reliable in any situation.

I hope they catch on, but I think they might have a higher hill to climb with truck buyers, similar to how a lot of people scoff at the electric mustang.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:12 AM 09-04-2021
I’d buy an electric 150 in a heartbeat. My next car is going to be 100% electric and the F150 would be a badass way of having both a truck and an electric car.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:18 AM 09-04-2021
i like baiting Teslas at stop lights.

....works every time.

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:31 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
i like baiting Teslas at stop lights.

....works every time.

:-)
?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:57 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I know, but it doesn't matter. The only real chance Tesla had at stealing the Epickup market was to start selling them before the big boys got involved. Instead, Ford has stolen the march on Tesla, and the Ford is simply a F-150 with a giant battery in it. And everyone knows that Ford knows how to build a pickup; it's a proven design and technology. It's not shocking that Tesla just announced that they are postponing production of their pickup until 2023.

And by then Chevy's Silverado EV will be on the market. Ram can't be far behind, not to mention Toyota's Tacoma/Tundra.

The game is over. Tesla might sell a few to the diehard fanbois, but any dreams they had to capturing a significant portion of America's pickup community died when Ford introduced the Lightning. They probably would be better off if they just scrapped the cybertruck no before it costs them more.
IMO, Tesla really screwed up by making the damn thing so weird and ugly. If they had tried to make it more like a truck then maybe it would have had more of a chance.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:03 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
230 or 300 mile range in ideal conditions is quite restricting, if you are towing anything it is probably quite a bit less. Good for the suburban truck guy, not much else.
Yeah, that's one Area where the Tesla would supposedly blow this Away. 500 miles is the claim for the cyber truck
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:10 AM 09-04-2021
My only issue with the Ford is what they chose to name it.

THIS is an F-150 Lightning and I'd love to find one.

[Reply]
Page 29 of 48
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up