ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 140
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
-King- 01:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He is consistently that stupid. At least he is consistent.

CP- "Why don't we ever make a big move? Veach sucks!"

CP- "OMG why did we just trade for an elite young pass rusher!!!! Veach sucks!"
I don't think it's a TERRIBLE trade but if I had to pick which side won the trade, it would definitely be the Seahawks.

But at least we have pass rusher kind of settled now and can focus on the secondary.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We still have 2 seconds this year

Let’s go get our back-to-back rings
I want a damn CB!! Maybe a WR. Our third round picks have been money. Let’s see what gold we strike this year
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
So what picks do we have now? One second rounder? Or both still with them getting a 2020 second rounder?
We also moved up in the third, which is good.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
So what picks do we have now? One second rounder? Or both still with them getting a 2020 second rounder?
We have both second rounders and moved up 6 spots in the third
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Honest questions.

What would you have given up to move to the top 15 in this draft? Would this year’s first and next year’s second be too much?

If you did that and drafted exactly Frank Clark, would you be satisfied with the pick?
Our 1st and 2nd this year would be the equivalent in value to the 17th or 18th pick this year. Our first and both of our 2nds this year would be equivalent to the 12th pick in the draft.

So let's forget about the 3rd round swap. The value of the 2020 2nd round pick is probably half of the value of a 2019 2nd round pick, but I'll assume 75% to be conservative. That means that our 2019 1st and 2020 2nd are worth roughly the 20th pick in the draft, and that's being conservative (i.e., it's likely more like the 22nd pick in the draft).

Can we get an impact player in the 20-22 slots this year? Who is even remotely comparable to Clark?

I can understand not being thrilled with the trade on some level, but to say Veach got fleeced is to not understand how teams who deal in analytics rather than 'CP emotion' value picks.
[Reply]
prhom 01:01 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Actually, it might VERY WELL make KC a top ten defense.

You can run right at Dee Ford. You can't run at Clark. He's an elite DE as an ALL AROUND player.

There are no holes in his game.

Clark, Honey Badger, Breeland are all upgrades.

This team will be much, much better against the run. This team will be very good at rushing the passer. This team will be better in coverage than last year, and we're not done yet.

Yes, Clark is expensive, but you legit just added the perfect DE for this system.

Now, go draft a CB and a WR in round 2 and TE in round 3.
Great post here. I think you are spot on about CB, WR, and TE too. Probably in that order too. I wouldn’t rule out RB replacing one of those though. We need some RB talent and 4th might be too late. RB and TE can contribute faster as a rookie and we are really focused on this year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:01 PM 04-23-2019

������������ @TheRealFrankC_ https://t.co/pTDxxmzF90

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Eleazar 01:01 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
So Veach has used up $123 million dollars, a first round pick, three second round picks, and Eric Murray for a middle-of-the-pack DE group?

VEACH'D
You can balk at the compensation if you want to, but trying to argue that Clark doesn't improve the defense in a big way is just silly.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:02 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by prhom:
Great post here. I think you are spot on about CB, WR, and TE too. Probably in that order too. I wouldn’t rule out RB replacing one of those though. We need some RB talent and 4th might be too late. RB and TE can contribute faster as a rookie and we are really focused on this year.
We are good at RB. Need a solid #2 TE tho
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:02 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There's video of him raping Andrew Whitworth who was one of the best in the league...Clark is just good.
He's a fucking monster.

We just got dramatically better.

Did a little digging on his domestic violence issue too; and it appears that it's not as bad as it was initially reported and he's been a model citizen since.

So I have concerns there, but I assume The Chiefs did their due diligence.

As for on the field, this guy is a fucking monster. STUD. Look at him just throw Fisher into Mahomes in that clip. HOLY SHIT.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:02 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Good god Fisher :-)
A #1draft pick. Yeah, that's what we do with em. Or at least did.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:02 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
Jamaal was the Chiefs' first of the three 3rd round picks. Would have likely been available at the Chiefs pick at 76. Allen was essentially traded for Albert, Morgan, and Cottam
Charles was a pick directly from the Jared Allen trade. It was a first rounder from Minnesota and two third rounders (Charles, Morgan). Chiefs then traded up with Detroit in the first round. We swapped Minnesota's first and our own third round pick for Detroit's first round pick and a third. That third round pick was Brad Cottam.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:03 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's a fucking monster.

We just got dramatically better.

Did a little digging on his domestic violence issue too; and it appears that it's not as bad as it was initially reported and he's been a model citizen since.

So I have concerns there, but I assume The Chiefs did their due diligence.

As for on the field, this guy is a fucking monster. STUD. Look at him just throw Fisher into Mahomes in that clip. HOLY SHIT.
Also has felony 2nd degree home invasion.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:03 PM 04-23-2019
This team has already made a significant upgrade in run defense by getting Damien Wilson for base downs and Frank Clark/Alex Okafor on the edge.

Breeland was a 2nd corner who was going to get paid but didn’t bc of his foot and we got him for a deal. Now add Honey Badger who is much better than anything we had at safety last year.

And now we have 3 picks in the top 85 to add to the secondary.

Defense will be much improved this season.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:03 PM 04-23-2019
I hope this guy is the best pass rusher we've had since DT passed because it's going to take pretty much that or VERY close to it for me to see the value in this deal. I need the player to succeed so I hope he flies straight as an arrow and doesn't cause any issues off the field.
I will support the player because it is the right thing to do.

But unless Veach's draft picks start hitting and fairly quick-like, I'm done with him. I don't understand how a person can be THIS shitty in free agency. He can't gather compensation worth a fuck, but he doles it out as if there were unlimited cap room. Does he fancy himself THAT good of a contract negotiator, that he can structure everyone to avoid overlap so that we can keep the players we need to keep?
Maybe. Maybe that's the ONE thing he's good at? I don't know.
But so far, he hasn't been that impressive on his own. Getting Honey Badger when your cap purse is full of money is one thing, but grabbing a quasi-elite pass rusher and paying him 63 guaranteed when you barely have a LB or CB corps is not something I would count as being "great management".

I'm done being lenient and understanding with this GM. I'm done defending him and backing him. And he gets ZERO free rides for being a scout that saw a great QB. That shit is done and gone.

The honeymoon is over.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 140
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up