ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 26
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cast Iron Skillets. You dig them?
Fritz88 12:54 PM 11-08-2011

What's the best way to cook a burger at home, on a gas stove?

I heard that Cast Iron Skillets are the way to go.

Would you agree? Have you tried burgers on them?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:54 PM 11-08-2011
They are awesome when your (ex)wife doesn't insist on filling them with soapy water and leaving them to soak overnight...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:59 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
They are awesome when your (ex)wife doesn't insist on filling them with soapy water and leaving them to soak overnight...
She's your ex because you killed her, right?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 01:33 PM 11-08-2011
thats just so not right. worse is in dishwasher
[Reply]
Mojo Jojo 02:07 PM 11-08-2011
Or swing them at your head.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:21 PM 01-27-2013
:-)Or ex-hubby's leaving them in the oven when the oven cleaning cycle is on. Wonder which is worse, soapy-soaks or oven-cleaning when already cleaned?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:31 PM 01-28-2013
Jesus Christ, I know being late to a pile-on isn't cool, but JESUS CHRIST!!! That's just un-fucking-cool of her!
[Reply]
durtyrute 12:57 PM 11-08-2011
Hell to the muthafuckin yea. I love em.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:58 PM 11-08-2011
Calling Fire Me Boy! (at least I think it's FMB who has a serious cast iron obsession and is something of an expert).
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:58 PM 11-08-2011
**** YEAH!!!!
[Reply]
Fritz88 01:01 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
**** YEAH!!!!
Any brand in particular? Any tips on making burgers on them?

Do I go for the cast iron griddles or just regular ones?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:03 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Fritz88:
Any brand in particular? Any tips on making burgers on them?

Do I go for the cast iron griddles or just regular ones?
Not really. Le Creuset are the top of the line, but I've never seen or heard anyone who owns 'em say they were worth the extra money you spend. Most of my cast iron is Lodge.

Personally, I'd skip the griddle and go with a 10- or 12-inch skillet. Everything tastes better in cast iron, and you'll limit what you can do with just a griddle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:06 PM 11-08-2011
Not really. Le Creuset are the top of the line, but I've never seen or heard anyone who owns 'em say they were worth the extra money you spend. Most of my cast iron is Lodge.

Personally, I'd skip the griddle and go with a 10- or 12-inch skillet. Everything tastes better in cast iron, and you'll limit what you can do with just a griddle.
I have a Le Crueset set that my wife won in a baking contest. It's pretty nice, but nowhere near worth the money they ask for them.

I use my Cabellas Dutch Oven more than I use any of her stuff and it works great. Otherwise I just use my cheapie Lodge skillet and have never had a complaint.

Spending a bunch of money on Cast Iron cookware is dumb - it's strength is in its simplicity. That's like spending $100 on a flathead screwdriver because it has ivory inlays in the handle or something.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:42 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I have a Le Crueset set that my wife won in a baking contest. It's pretty nice, but nowhere near worth the money they ask for them.

I use my Cabellas Dutch Oven more than I use any of her stuff and it works great. Otherwise I just use my cheapie Lodge skillet and have never had a complaint.

Spending a bunch of money on Cast Iron cookware is dumb - it's strength is in its simplicity. That's like spending $100 on a flathead screwdriver because it has ivory inlays in the handle or something.
I was poor when I said this.

I'm less poor now.

I want this:

https://smitheyironware.com/product/...-iron-skillet/

Sure, it's a $200 skillet but it will outlast my entire family line, I'm betting. Hand ground and polished; looks amazing.

Anyone ever hear anything on these Smithey Ironworks skillets?
[Reply]
Fritz88 01:07 PM 11-08-2011

Sounds good. Do I get preseasoned or season it myself?

Can't wait to get my hands on one.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 26
1 234511 > Last »
Up