ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 37
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
chiefzilla1501 02:41 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Perhaps they are this aggressive going for this particular coach because they think it means they won't have to go out into FA overpaying for a starter. They might think a lot of the players just need to be developed and coached up. I can't say one way or the other, but I bet the new coaching staff gets more out of the roster than Sutton did.
An interesting point. We aren't as desperate to load our defense the way the giants had to. I'd bet a ton of our money goes to offense and a lot of our picks and value free agents goes to defense. We have a decent enough foundation that we can do that. And our coaches can make a lot more out of a little. Maybe we get some Sammy Watkins type guys on D (high dollar, but very short term fixes) vs Jalen Ramsey, Landon Collins mega contract guys.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:25 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Perhaps they are this aggressive going for this particular coach because they think it means they won't have to go out into FA overpaying for a starter. They might think a lot of the players just need to be developed and coached up. I can't say one way or the other, but I bet the new coaching staff gets more out of the roster than Sutton did.
God I hope not

We need new blood on defense.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:14 PM 02-12-2019
And this "clark wouldn't have done this if we hadn't lost in embarrassing fashion to the pats " dumb talk has to stop.

First of all losing by 6 in the afccc to the pats is in no way embarrassing.

Second there was a time he hired pioli, odd todd, Weis, Connell all in one off season. What do you think THAT cost?

That's a dumbass make believe narrative that someone David and now certain idiots try to act like is real world.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:17 PM 02-12-2019
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...tC4T60zuS_EuqA

Sounds like we got our new LB coach.
[Reply]
oldman 12:18 PM 02-12-2019
Bottom line is that Spags, Daly, and now House have to get together and figure out what front 7 guys stay. With the ET retirement, there could be a new voice about the secondary.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:23 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
Bottom line is that Spags, Daly, and now House have to get together and figure out what front 7 guys stay. With the ET retirement, there could be a new voice about the secondary.
There already is, Coach Merrit.

This is quite the A team being assembled.

GO CHIEFS!!
[Reply]
R Clark 12:33 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
There already is, Coach Merrit.

This is quite the A team being assembled.

GO CHIEFS!!
So what’s the story on merit?i missed out on that news
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:42 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by R Clark:
So what’s the story on merit?i missed out on that news
David Merritt will be our DB's coach. Great, since he's worked with spags and been great with DB's. Unclear what will happen with Harris. Since he's an assistant, I'd imagine the Chiefs are fine keeping him.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:11 PM 02-12-2019
@Jacobs71: If you need anymore confirmation, Matt House’s bio is officially gone from the University of Kentucky website.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:21 PM 02-12-2019
Must admit, I had my doubts on Spags ability to really improve our position coaches. Glad to be proven wrong.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:40 PM 02-12-2019
YES, IF I STILL HAD ME A BOAR HOG I'D JERK THE HELL OUTTA THAT SUMBITCH!
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:43 PM 02-12-2019
Seems like everything I've read about the hire, it seems like a good one. Really don't care who the coaches are, as long as the can freaking coach, make adjustments and have a proper defensive game plan and utilize the players to their ability and scheme them in the right system.

So basically the opposite of Suttons defense...
[Reply]
BossChief 01:50 PM 02-12-2019
With the way House utilizes his linebackers to slow down the spread, I expect DOD to flourish under his coaching and develop into one of the better coverage linebackers around.

Hopefully, he can get Hitchens to realize the potential he was starting to show in Dallas, too.

Very exciting that we got this move done.
[Reply]
FAX 01:52 PM 02-12-2019
I hope this dude is worth all the trouble (and the expense).

After all this, he'd better have a method of infusing linebacker skeletons with adamantium and they'd better be breathing fire, playing downhill, and sending RB bitches to the bench on a regular basis.

FAX
[Reply]
BossChief 01:56 PM 02-12-2019
First 8 games: man, fuck these new defensive coaches. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Last 11 games: I’m not sure what happened at the midpoint of the year, but this defense came slings and I killing it!!!

(It’s gonna take time for the players to adjust to the new scheme)
[Reply]
Page 29 of 37
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up