ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
|Zach| 09:48 PM 08-15-2023
Nashville did a really good job closing that game out late. Smart play against a good opponent. They beat one of MLS best teams Cincy and two Mexican giants Club American and Monterey on their way to the final.

Miami vs Nashville in the final.

[Reply]
A8bil 10:29 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Fun last 10 minutes in that one for sure! Spain definitely deserves to be in the final. They’ve looked very good all tournament.
I have to agree, but Swedish wife is in a pissy mood today after the loss. She was sure her team was the cinderella team this year. I watched the first half live...Spain was just a tad sharper with the ball and seemed a step ahead of Sweden all half.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:08 AM 08-16-2023
Fuck.

Amazing goal from Kerr to equalise, but an unfortunate miss after. She'll be up thinking about that one. Defense less us down in the end though.

Amazing effort though to make the semis. Made us proud on home soil.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:13 AM 08-16-2023
Yeah, was disappointing to see the home team go down just short of the final, but a great run. Thought maybe the big game curse of England soccer might carry over to the women, but they definitely aren’t as soft as the English men unfortunately. Should be a good final.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:00 AM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Yeah, was disappointing to see the home team go down just short of the final, but a great run. Thought maybe the big game curse of England soccer might carry over to the women, but they definitely aren’t as soft as the English men unfortunately. Should be a good final.
We won the women's Euros so I think the big game curse is over. Not sure they do the double but a helluva run. Definitely tougher than the mens team as you say.
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:23 PM 08-16-2023
Every team I wanted to do well in the Womens World Cup at each turn has crashed and burned. Damn.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:03 PM 08-19-2023

Out of this WORLD. 💫

Take a bow, Leo Messi. pic.twitter.com/qm90VJtVbc

— Major League Soccer (@MLS) August 20, 2023

Messi hasn’t disappointed any of his fans so far. Wasn’t about to start in the final. What a phenomenal signing for the league.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:44 PM 08-19-2023
A lot of leagues kicked off today. Thought Spurs looked pretty good and so did Brentford in EPL play.

My guys Dortmund just barely squeaked past Koln on the first day of Bundesliga.

[Reply]
|Zach| 09:26 PM 08-19-2023
League's Cup was an extremely fun tournament. I was a big fan of it once I understood all involved were taking it seriously but I had no idea how great that would be.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:27 PM 08-19-2023
Messi will now be competing in CONCACAF Champions League.

What a time to be alive.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:28 PM 08-19-2023
Incredible finish to the league cups final. The final minute of stoppage time had chances on both sides with the last touch being blocked by the post with an empty net. Then an amazing display of penalties leading to a keeper showdown to decide it. Very entertaining stuff.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:10 PM 08-19-2023
Messi is the man. Incredible performance.
[Reply]
Womble 04:03 AM 08-20-2023
Cam on Engerland. Score some fackin goals!
[Reply]
bdj23 05:44 AM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
Cam on Engerland. Score some fackin goals!
It's never coming home
[Reply]
JPH83 05:56 AM 08-20-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
It's never coming home
Hate to say it but yeah.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up