ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 31
« First < 192526272829 3031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:50 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
So you think Sammy Watkins is worth $16-Million a year? He's getting paid like a top-5 WR his contract is a joke.

Come on guys. Yeah we won the SB but that doesn't mean Veach was perfect. Take off the homer blinders for a second will you.
Who said he was perfect?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:51 PM 02-27-2020
In order to get to the playoffs you have to play well in the regular season. So to act like the regular season doesn't matter is an asinine statement.

Spags was a great hire but there were a ton of people skeptical about him. You are so full of shit acting like all of ChiefsPlanet was ecstatic about him being hired. I have plenty of friends who are Giants fans and they all said he is good but I wanted to wait and see.

Frank Clark had 8 sacks all season, 8... Lets not act like he was Aaron Donald.. He killed it for half the season and was great against the run. The signing was worth it because he brought a much needed attitude to the defense and killed it in the playoffs but don't act like we got some type of bargain. Gave up an arm and a leg for the guy. Good signing though for sure. And again, plenty of other people were skeptical about him as well.

I don't watch the Texans much. My life doesn't revolve around football. Great signing though. Love the Honey Badger!

Yes the season is over and we won the SB but so what that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion or that Veach wasn't put in a great situation. Im rooting for Veach as much as anyone but the fact some of you think he should have been executive of the year is laughable.
IN DECEMBER the post says.

come on, man.

My point is that at every turn EVER you say, "well, wait and see until X".

And we're all saying, yeah well-we finished the season, and we won the damned superbowl for fuck's sake-

and you still say- TOO SMALL A SAMPLE SIZE.

You must be a lot of fun to be around.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 02-27-2020
So you think Sammy Watkins is worth $16-Million a year? He's getting paid like a top-5 WR his contract is a joke.

Come on guys. Yeah we won the SB but that doesn't mean Veach was perfect. Take off the homer blinders for a second will you.
He was a luxury signing while we had Pat on a rookie deal to put us over the top in the playoffs.

He was worth every fucking penny dumbass.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:55 PM 02-27-2020

You are arguing just to be arguing. I never said any of that.

I never said his contract was worth it- I never said Veech was perfect. I posted:

His other big moves panned out when it counted most as well- Sammy, Honey Badger, Hitchens and Clark all played well through the playoffs and SB.

If you want to dispute THIS statement, go ahead. But stop making shit up just to post a snarky reply. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:55 PM 02-27-2020

There were two problems with the Chiefs’ game against the titans in the 17 playoffs:

1) your boi “Smitty” played like a chickenshit coward, as was his way

2) the offense stagnated when Kelce was out because there was no one to take pressure off Hill in the passing game

1) was taken care of when Veach fleeced the Redskins

2) was answered by adding Watkins. He didn’t produce huge numbers week in, week out, but he added a dimension that could roast single coverage and make plays when Hill/Kelce were not available

They overpaid, but they overpaid with a purpose.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:56 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Veach has done a great job, especially last year in FA. He has picked up a lot of good players.

I still am not completely sold on the drafting.

2018 was really bad.

2019 was very solid but not spectacular. One great draft would really help solidify things.

The biggest miss in FA has been Hitchens.

Swing and a huge miss, wtf are you talking about

I give your draft draft grade a D-
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:57 PM 02-27-2020
So, in non-Sammy pissing contest news, Veachy was reported in today's Athletic article as having 1st round grades on 23 players (up from 15 last year).

Likely a good prospect falls to us at 32. Also makes it a good year to trade Jones.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:59 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He was a luxury signing while we had Pat on a rookie deal to put us over the top in the playoffs.

He was worth every ****ing penny dumbass.
It is nice you won the Lottery - but you had to buy 100 tickets instead of just 1 to do it. YOU OVERPAID!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:23 PM 02-27-2020
Sammy won't be back with the Chiefs unless he restructures to a salary so low it would get him kicked out of the NFLPA.

I appreciate the hell out of the plays he made for us in the playoffs - I really do. He should never have to buy another drink/meal in KC for the rest of his life. But what he made last year is just way too much money for a guy with that type of production. It just is. We could find a guy in this draft to replace his production for 1/10th-1/20th of his salary. No way they're keeping both Sammy and Jones.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:29 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
You are arguing just to be arguing. I never said any of that.

I never said his contract was worth it- I never said Veech was perfect. I posted:

His other big moves panned out when it counted most as well- Sammy, Honey Badger, Hitchens and Clark all played well through the playoffs and SB.

If you want to dispute THIS statement, go ahead. But stop making shit up just to post a snarky reply. :-)
You keep trying to run circles around the fact Veach vastly overpaid for Watkins and Hitchens. Stop w the BS and call it what it is.

Hey no GM is perfect. Its not a huge deal since we won the SB but your post has homer BS written all over it.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:30 PM 02-27-2020
You keep trying to run circles around the fact Veach vastly overpaid for Watkins and Hitchens. Stop w the BS and call it what it is.

Hey no GM is perfect. Its not a huge deal since we won the SB but your post has homer BS written all over it.
Literally nobody is saying he’s perfect.

He’s still arguably the best in the business after what he’s accomplished.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:46 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Literally nobody is saying he’s perfect.

He’s still arguably the best in the business after what he’s accomplished.
I hope you are right and he is the best in the business. Hopefully Chiefs continue to win SBs w him as the GM.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:56 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Veach has done a great job, especially last year in FA. He has picked up a lot of good players.

I still am not completely sold on the drafting.

2018 was really bad.

2019 was very solid but not spectacular. One great draft would really help solidify things.

The biggest miss in FA has been Hitchens.
WTF are you talking about.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:28 PM 02-27-2020

Veach really had no choice but to overpay for Hitchens. DJ was done and Dorsey had failed to bring in a replacement for him. In fact, Dorsey had let the defense go from the team strength to a huge weakness. Dorsey whiffed on Kev Russell in the 3rd and drafted a malcontent that had worn out his welcome at corner, Berry was done, Parker fell off a cliff, the whole defense fell apart under Dorsey. Veach rebuilt it in 2 years. Sometimes, you have to overpay to do it that quickly. So actually, he didn't inherit a built team. He inherited a built offense (which he also improved). He deserves our praise now.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:53 PM 02-27-2020

Still haven't read the post or maybe you don't understand. They all played well when it counted. That is not being a homer, nor is it bullshit. You are literally the only one in Chiefs Kingdom crying that a few key players made more than your perceived worth to get a SB win.

Just keep making up arguments in your own head though. :-)
[Reply]
Page 29 of 31
« First < 192526272829 3031 >
Up