ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2882 of 4905
« First < 1882238227822832287228782879288028812882 288328842885288628922932298233823882 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:49 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Sounds like you're blaming Denver's coaching. I'd agree.
Great players overcome shitty coaching to a large degree.

Btw, if you want to blame it all on coaching, I'm not sure why you guys are penciling Denver in as a contender now. Your defensive coaching is basically guaranteed to be a downgrade from Fangio, possibly a big downgrade, and your offensive coaching/head coaching is a massive question mark. Your HC didn't even accomplish much as a coordinator, unless you think it's a huge accomplishment to stand and watch Lafleur call plays for Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
austing24 12:53 PM 05-12-2022

So we can continue to count on Denver to suck? Sounds good. If it’s totally dictated by coaching, not certain how you can feel any better going into this year with a more unknown commodity than you had with Fangio. At least you knew Fangio could coach defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:02 PM 05-12-2022
The same coaching that donk fan propped up year after year as great? THOSE coaching staffs?

Lemme guess, the new GM and staff are totally better.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:08 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The same coaching that donk fan propped up year after year as great? THOSE coaching staffs?

Lemme guess, the new GM and staff are totally better.
It's hard to have a conversation when every previous Bronco fan opinion gets ascribed to me. I'm quite sure I've never praised Vic Fangio or Vance Joseph.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:11 PM 05-12-2022
It's hard to have a conversation when every previous Bronco fan opinion gets ascribed to me. I'm quite sure I've never praised Vic Fangio or Vance Joseph.
And what convinced you that your defensive, offensive or overall coaching will be significantly better?
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:15 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
And what convinced you that your defensive, offensive or overall coaching will be significantly better?
Because it can't get any worse. We've gone from coach Ambien to coach caffeine
[Reply]
austing24 01:23 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Because it can't get any worse. We've gone from coach Ambien to coach caffeine

It can absolutely get worse, and almost assuredly will defensively immediately.

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:27 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by austing24:

I don't think you're going to see this fall from the cliff event happen with the defense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:36 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
you think it's a huge accomplishment to stand and watch Lafleur call plays for Aaron Rodgers.
It would be like hiring Bieniemy thinking you're getting Andy Reid...

What's interesting is it appears they preemptively hired Hackett thinking they were going to land Rodgers...that's some fine, fine FO work there.

It's cool, they've convinced themselves that a 1st time DC...who was a DB coach, is the same as Fangio...and will step in without missing a beat. Strategy and game planning experience arent really important..

Wilson will make all these questions go away...he's magic. That 27th ranked pass protecting OL is now top 10....because Donk fans wished it to be. They wont miss Miller either...

It's completely rational to think a WR duo that has accounted for 2 TD, combined, in the past two season are suddenly going to become elite...because magic. They just weren't trying very hard the past couple of years..
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:42 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by austing24:

:-)

We heard it here first. Fangio was the best we could have hoped for.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:46 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It would be like hiring Bieniemy thinking you're getting Andy Reid...

What's interesting is it appears they preemptively hired Hackett thinking they were going to land Rodgers...

It's cool, they've convinced themselves that a 1st time DC...who was a DB coach, is the same as Fangio...and will step in without missing a beat. Strategy and game planning arent really important..

Wilson will make all these questions go away...he's magic. That 27th ranked pass protecting OL is now top 10....because Donk fans wished it to be. They wont miss Miller either...

It's completely rational to think a WR duo that has accounted for 2 TD, combined, in the past two season are suddenly going to become elite...because magic.
Seriously, I understand we’re not talking about Jerry Rice here, but you’re the second person to forget about Denver’s leading receiver in yards and TDs over the last 2 years. Do they have Google in KC?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:47 PM 05-12-2022
It would like hiring Bieniemy thinking you're getting Andy Reid...

What's interesting is it appears they preemptively hired Hackett thinking they were going to land Rodgers...

It's cool, they've convinced themselves that a 1st time DC...who was a DB coach, is the same as Fangio...and will step in without missing a beat.

Wilson will make all these things disappear...he's magic.
I don't think anyone is thinking we just hired Hackett and we're actually getting LaFleur. Adding Hackett and Wilson, with Outten and Kubiak on the OC staff is going to produce better than what Denver had with Fangio and Pat Shurmur with Bridgelockwater.

The run game should improve with a heavier focus on Williams. He and Gordon combined for 1,800 yds - I see Williams topping the 1300 yard rushing mark as he gets the ball more going forward and that's good for Denver. He also proved to be a solid receiver and that will improve. Gordon will dip a bit and that's find, he should still be good for 600+ yards.

They get that ground game rolling and that helps everything else and that's a key piece to all of this that I think too many are discounting or simply just ignoring. Denver can run the ball and with Wilson, teams will no longer just singularly focus on making Bridgelockwater beat them with the passing game.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:49 PM 05-12-2022
Seriously, I understand we’re not talking about Jerry Rice here, but you’re the second person to forget about Denver’s leading receiver in yards and TDs over the last 2 years. Do they have Google in KC?
You mean the guy that hasn't eclipsed 750 yards in a season? I'm not sure how that 44 yards a game slipped my mind...elite!!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:52 PM 05-12-2022
You mean the guy that hasn't eclipsed 750 yards in a season? I'm not sure how that 44 yards a game slipped my mind...elite!!
Well, he's certainly better than Marquez Valdes-Scantling... that guy hasn't topped 691 yards.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:55 PM 05-12-2022

#Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy was arrested this afternoon and is currently in custody, the Arapahoe County Sheriff's office confirmed to multiple news outlets. No information on charges are available at this time.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) May 12, 2022

[Reply]
Page 2882 of 4905
« First < 1882238227822832287228782879288028812882 288328842885288628922932298233823882 > Last »
Up