ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 288 of 663
« First < 188238278284285286287288 289290291292298338388 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:29 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I hope conor destroys him.
Seriously? I hate that Conor. He can eat all the dicks
[Reply]
penguinz 12:33 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Seriously? I hate that Conor. He can eat all the dicks
You must be one of those old guys that hates it when athletes have over the top personalities.

He is entertaining. It will take polarizing personalities to get the sport to grow.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:40 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You must be one of those old guys that hates it when athletes have over the top personalities.

He is entertaining. It will take polarizing personalities to get the sport to grow.
I don't hate the guy, but his over the top personality is so contrived. It doesn't come across as genuine or entertaining like Ali. It's just some Irish guy screaming at everyone and talking over them. It's WWF fake, and not even good WWF fake. That said, it's entertaining to watch him fight.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:59 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I don't hate the guy, but his over the top personality is so contrived. It doesn't come across as genuine or entertaining like Ali. It's just some Irish guy screaming at everyone and talking over them. It's WWF fake, and not even good WWF fake. That said, it's entertaining to watch him fight.
I do not agree that its contrived at all, I've seen a lot of Conor clips both on podium and off, and it all looks genuine to me.

This latest world tour was kinda silly, but if you go before that, he's often intelligently breaking down potential matches while trash-talking at the same time, and he's not showing a different personality outside the bright lights.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:20 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
I do not agree that its contrived at all, I've seen a lot of Conor clips both on podium and off, and it all looks genuine to me.

This latest world tour was kinda silly, but if you go before that, he's often intelligently breaking down potential matches while trash-talking at the same time, and he's not showing a different personality outside the bright lights.
I think he's intelligent enough to know when there's a camera in front of him both on and off the podium. He may have an outgoing personality even in his personal, but there is no doubt he takes it up a few notches in front of the camera. I don't mind it, because he's talented enough to back up the talk. If he loses to Aldo though(which is a likely outcome), I hope he's humble in defeat.

I'm excited for that fight.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:29 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I think he's intelligent enough to know when there's a camera in front of him both on and off the podium. He may have an outgoing personality even in his personal, but there is no doubt he takes it up a few notches in front of the camera. I don't mind it, because he's talented enough to back up the talk. If he loses to Aldo though(which is a likely outcome), I hope he's humble in defeat.

I'm excited for that fight.
Sonnen was the same way and he sold fights. That's what the UFC needs.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:57 PM 04-14-2015
Speaking of Conor, he's got a new tattoo to go along with that weird gorilla thing

[Reply]
alnorth 11:36 AM 04-17-2015
UFC on Fox weigh-ins soon. Tomorrow is a very good free card, the last 6 fights are all interesting to some degree.

edit: everyone made weight
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:39 PM 04-17-2015
UFC on Fox weigh-ins soon. Tomorrow is a very good free card, the last 6 fights are all interesting to some degree.

edit: everyone made weight
I'm pumped for this card, they do it up right for FOX
[Reply]
alnorth 05:00 PM 04-18-2015
Interesting fights starting soon. OSP (next fight) has had some weird submissions.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:08 PM 04-18-2015
Wow, Cub Swanson got wrecked
[Reply]
TimBone 09:42 PM 04-18-2015
Wow, Cub Swanson got wrecked
By Holloway? I like that kid.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:51 PM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
By Holloway? I like that kid.
Holloway looked really good doing it, too. Right after the first round you could tell it was going to be a bad day for Cub.

Oh, and I also doubt anyone is going to be bitching about PVZ's Reebok deal anymore. She obliterated Herrig and sent her to the hospital.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:06 PM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
I have Brock Lesnar to thank for my entrance into mixed martial arts. I was a pretty big WWE fan when Lesnar was at his peak, and followed him to the UFC. Say what you want about him, but I'll take prime Lesnar (him vs. Herring, Mir, Couture, Carwin) over almost any MMA heavyweight of all time. His freakish size/speed/strength mixed in with an unbelievable amateur wrestling resume made for a dominant fighter.
Really? I watched him, he could have been great, but it never happened and then injuries. I think he was just too big for the division, more prone to bars..

Then his chest tat, I always bet against him because of it. I know it does not make sense.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:24 PM 04-18-2015
I would love to see eventually a mma league where the fighters got paid more, set up health and retirement packages so they do not all become homeless bums.. UFC chews them up and spits them out for insane profits.
[Reply]
Page 288 of 663
« First < 188238278284285286287288 289290291292298338388 > Last »
Up