ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 288 of 324
« First < 188238278284285286287288 289290291292298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:20 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Have mostly felt the same about the defense this season. And last, for that matter. Though, imo, the defense was good enough to win a Sb last season. The offense completely collapsed vs. CIN in the 2nd half, while the defense played more than well enough to win that game. But that's old, rehashed news.

The defense needed to get younger, faster and more athletic. Well, Veach/Spags have done that. But it aint Madden; it was always going to take some time for them to learn the playbook, adjust to the speed of the NFL, gel, etc. As is normal for human beings, some are adjusting and getting comfortable quicker than others.

Will say that the more i look into it, the more it looks like the secondary misses a HB-type safety. Only 1 INT between them, and 9 PDs. They don't make offenses pay at all for throwing between the numbers downfield.

Considering how often the DL gets pressure, those guys should be piling up a lot more stats than they have. The eyeball test suggests that they're late to the party, but also that they're not taking the right angles.

Saw one play a couple days ago from the DEN game that should've been an INT for Reid, but he takes a bad angle like he expects the ball to be underthrown by about 5 yards, but he also doesn't hustle; he kind of jogs over so he's short and he's late. Resulted in a big 3rd down conversion that never should've happened. you watch that play, and you have to think, "HB, even having lost a step, makes that INT."
Yeah...it probably would have been a bad idea to give Mathieu another contract (although he wanted to stay badly so he may have accepted a big discount), but they could use him right now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:28 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Yeah...it probably would have been a bad idea to give Mathieu another contract (although he wanted to stay badly so he may have accepted a big discount), but they could use him right now.
Even in his past-his-prime state, he's having a better season than both our Ss combined. More tackles (64), a FR, 2 INTs, 5 PDs, even a run stuff for a loss.

Too bad KC has such a problem with "bad tweets," or whatever.

Sidenote: Thornhill was a significantly better S with HB last season than he's been this season with Reid. Just saying.

Post note: and I’m not saying that we should’ve kept honey badger at any cost, just saying Reid was not going to be as effective.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:20 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Are you of the opinion that the defense is good?
It's good enough. The suggestion to fire Spags is stupid and it's an idea that's caught on with some of the fans the last few weeks
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:21 PM 12-16-2022
Even in his past-his-prime state, he's having a better season than both our Ss combined. More tackles (64), a FR, 2 INTs, 5 PDs, even a run stuff for a loss.

Too bad KC has such a problem with "bad tweets," or whatever.

Sidenote: Thornhill was a significantly better S with HB last season than he's been this season with Reid. Just saying.

Post note: and I’m not saying that we should’ve kept honey badger at any cost, just saying Reid was not going to be as effective.
Mathieu sucks
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:25 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Mathieu sucks
if that's true, what does that say about our safeties? Super suck?
[Reply]
sedated 01:29 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The issue with Mathieu was specifically that he didn't want to take a discount to stay.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:13 PM 12-16-2022
I fucking hate spags. You guys can shit on me and tell me I'm stupid whatever but the dude just plain sucks. He is at Sutton's level to me now
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:14 PM 12-16-2022
if that's true, what does that say about our safeties? Super suck?
I'd take Reid over Mathieu
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:18 PM 12-16-2022
We have alot of dumb posters on here it's no surprise some wish we kept Mathieu:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Saints/comm...m_source=share
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:21 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We have alot of dumb posters on here it's no surprise some wish we kept Mathieu:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Saints/comm...m_source=share
A reactive Reddit post made months ago. Wow, you really shut that argument down. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:28 PM 12-16-2022
I'm just going to say one last thing here, and then I'm probably never coming back to this thread again.

If you think there's another defensive coordinator out there that would be doing a better job with 3 rookie corners, a rookie 3rd safety, a rookie SSLB, a rookie DE, a front four that does not get consistent pressure on the QB-if you really think that somehow a different name at the top of the menu makes a big difference with all of that going on-

You're stupid.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:32 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm just going to say one last thing here, and then I'm probably never coming back to this thread again.

If you think there's another defensive coordinator out there that would be doing a better job with 3 rookie corners, a rookie 3rd safety, a rookie SSLB, a rookie DE, a front four that does not get consistent pressure on the QB-if you really think that somehow a different name at the top of the menu makes a big difference with all of that going on-

You're stupid.
So basically you're saying that Spags is as good as any coordinator or future coordinator in the NFL.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:36 PM 12-16-2022

You're stupid.
Are you Steve's nephew or something? You are taking this kind of personal it seems like. Can you think of any way right now to improve this defense this season. Get beyond that there is no quality edge rusher. We've heard it over and over. You have to improve now. What do you do with what you have because what is getting put out there isn't working.

I don't have any names. But I don't think you have any answers on how to improve the defense now other than bang your head against the wall in the same manner that has been happening. Anyway, I'd like to see a DC that runs something similar to Dan Quinn. More stunting less blitzing, more disguising of coverages. I think that type of defensive scheme would be a improvement over the one we see now.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:59 AM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I ****ing hate spags. You guys can shit on me and tell me I'm stupid whatever but the dude just plain sucks. He is at Sutton's level to me now
How’s that shit smell ?
[Reply]
-King- 09:09 AM 12-17-2022

You're stupid.
Again, is he part of the reason we have the front four we have now? Are they here because they fit his "type"? If so, then yes he does share part of the blame.
[Reply]
Page 288 of 324
« First < 188238278284285286287288 289290291292298 > Last »
Up