ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 287 of 298
« First < 187237277283284285286287 288289290291297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
bevischief 01:04 AM 01-22-2019
Make the appointment. Andy get the Colon checked out. A Sutton feels better after a wipe.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 01:07 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
With the marketing, fanfare, and self involvement

Clark's completely embarrassed, and if Andy doesn't make the change then Clark will do it.
Clark was emotional the whole week especially from repeatedly being asked about winning the Lamar Hunt trophy. You could tell from the interviews that he really felt it within his grasp. From banging the drum, having his mom and siblings in the building, inviting former players, there was just a lot of hoopla fit for a franchise very confident of getting the job done. But the typical 4th quarter D completely ruined it just like countless losses before in exactly the same fashion. I bet he feels like an idiot now going home empty handed. People are laughing at his D.

Change is coming, curious what it will be though.
[Reply]
bevischief 01:10 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
Clark was emotional the whole week especially from repeatedly being asked about winning the Lamar Hunt trophy. You could tell from the interviews that he really felt it within his grasp. From banging the drum, having his mom and siblings in the building, inviting former players, there was just a lot of hoopla fit for a franchise very confident of getting the job done. But the typical 4th quarter D completely ruined it just like countless losses before in exactly the same fashion. I bet he feels like an idiot now going home empty handed. People are laughing at his D.

Change is coming, curious what it will be though.
So does eating Oatmeal.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:13 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
But that's not what he says in his pressers..
Well, he must be lagging behind. Perhaps he is still learning from his mistakes in the Super Bowl, so he will probably learn from his mistakes from the AFCCG around 2026. Yeah, that sounds more like it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bevischief 01:58 AM 01-22-2019
Not likes he going to live off Social Security.
[Reply]
threebag 04:58 AM 01-22-2019
Sutton will get some new pieces on the D that actually fit. Believe In the process, trust the scheme

Just 3-4 sets of heels would make a big dent in producing better production
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:56 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
So, the previous 20 years of playoff failure isn't proof that Reid cannot learn from his mistakes?

I think by now it's just a known fact that Reid cannot learn from his mistakes.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
As much as I like Reid there is no denying that he, much like Marty, struggles to win games in the playoffs. Now some of it is bad luck but what I see as Reids biggest weakness is like Marty his teams just never seem to have balance. Offense is good then defense sucks. Defense is good then offense is just okay. You get the picture. Eagles did have some well balanced teams when he was in Philly but they would always have a glaring weakness some where on the team that would get exposed during the playoffs.

Reids teams also tend to be soft. Reid likes cute plays on offense way too much in my opinion. Sometimes you gotta just beat the shit out of the other team. Rarely do you hear about a Reid team being big hitters or putting fear into their opponents.. Pats did exactly what Steelers did to us w Bell. Run it straight down our throats. On defense, get physical. Our offense should be ashamed of what they did in the 1st half.

That said I still love Reid and think he is a hell of a HC but he's got to do a better job winning games in the playoffs. It amazes me how him and Marty can have such great regular season records as HCs and such bad records in the playoffs. Only comparison I can think of would be Dan Marino. I still cant figure out how a QB that good never won a SB. Crazy.

It is just so frustrating.. Dealt w this w Marty now it seems like it is repeating itself all over again w a new HC.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:00 AM 01-22-2019
I think Sutton is probably gone, but the problem is who the fuck do we hire at this point of the process?

Spags is literally the only person I can think of, and it’s far from an exciting hire.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:08 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think Sutton is probably gone, but the problem is who the **** do we hire at this point of the process?

Spags is literally the only person I can think of, and it’s far from an exciting hire.
Id interview Tony Romo. The way he was able to predict the plays the Pats were going to run was truly amazing. He even knew when they would audible to a run. That guy has got a great mind for being able to predict the plays offenses are going to run. It's a thought at least.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:27 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
With the marketing, fanfare, and self involvement

Clark's completely embarrassed, and if Andy doesn't make the change then Clark will do it.
While I think Bob's gone, I don't think it's because Clark was embarrassed, so Andy doest have a choice. No, beyond short bits of staged pieces, I think his emotions are just about limited to only cash and keeping the gravy from the NFL flowing.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:34 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Id interview Tony Romo. The way he was able to predict the plays the Pats were going to run was truly amazing. He even knew when they would audible to a run. That guy has got a great mind for being able to predict the plays offenses are going to run. It's a thought at least.
He probably makes a ton more as the lead guy at CBS than a defensive coordinator with 1/100000 the stress. Not to mention hes never coached and he was offense. And he predicts plays when he sees the formations so it's not like he could communicate it to the players anyway
[Reply]
bevischief 06:42 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think Sutton is probably gone, but the problem is who the **** do we hire at this point of the process?

Any ones dead grandma at this point.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:51 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
I dunna know. I'm 1/2 way to rewatching the game. I'll get the All 22 on Wednesday.

To me, Sutton has always been a sound defensive coach. Hes just not a risk-taker IMO.

When he was with the Jets, they were loaded with LBs who can cover and play the run and had shut down CBs (Revis, Cromartie). He gave us major problems.

If you guys think hes time has passed, Im not in a position to debate. Hes up there in age. Maybe hes lost whatever creativity he has left?
With the personnel we have no one will confuse our defense with the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, etc. We do have enough talent there however that if we had even a decent DC we would not have had a historically bad defense. Pretty much every game the Chiefs lost this year was due to the defense’s inability to stop the other team. Even some of the wins were a product of them just scoring enough in shootouts that even the defense couldn’t screw it up. This team had way too many penalties this year on defense and that’s a result of discipline and it falls on the shoulders of the DC. Sutton is a major problem and his time has passed. Pretty sure if he is fired no team will hire him as their DC.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:58 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Sutton will get some new pieces on the D that actually fit. Believe In the process, trust the scheme

Just 3-4 sets of heels would make a big dent in producing better production
This. He is the Alex Smith of coaches. “Just give him more talent around him and he will will finally be successful”.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:02 AM 01-22-2019
stop with the Romo as DC shit. It's the most lame brained asinine thing I've ever heard on this board, and that's saying a lot.
[Reply]
Page 287 of 298
« First < 187237277283284285286287 288289290291297 > Last »
Up