ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 287 of 2694
« First < 187237277283284285286287 2882892902912973373877871287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
rico 08:20 AM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
He lives in Australia.
Oh wow... didn't know that.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
Mike Sheppard (Mahomes QB coach through most his pro-day and this off-season) came by my gym here in Dallas recently and after some small talk mentioned "Make no mistake, Patrick may seem like the nicest guy ever but he's working his ass off to take Alex's job.....this year". The way he said "this year" just pumped me up as we have a kid who's already not accepting the "backup" term even if we know that's where he stands. Love the competitiveness. I'm ready for preseason!
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
rico 08:52 AM 07-13-2017
Mike Sheppard (Mahomes QB coach through most his pro-day and this off-season) came by my gym here in Dallas recently and after some small talk mentioned "Make no mistake, Patrick may seem like the nicest guy ever but he's working his ass off to take Alex's job.....this year". The way he said "this year" just pumped me up as we have a kid who's already not accepting the "backup" term even if we know that's where he stands. Love the competitiveness. I'm ready for preseason!
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:08 AM 07-13-2017
Sweet!

I remember in OTA's Chris Jones was giving Mahomes some shit for being too serious and not smiling.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:27 AM 07-13-2017
I would actually be pretty disappointed/shocked if Mahomes had any other mindset than to be the starting QB... this year!

I know Gruden is not the end-all/be-all when it comes to QB's on his QB Camp segments, but he just seemed to think Mahomes has something special. Then, when he and Kiper had glowing praise and a fist bump upon the Chiefs moving up to get Mahomes... with Watson still on the board... it just felt like we got this one right.

On top of that, way back early in this thread somewhere, you have the Reid article where they brought Mahomes in and threw the kitchen sink at him for 6 to 8 hours, and he came up ace's on everything.

I think he will start this season. Probably around Thanksgiving... give or take. But I won't be shocked if it much earlier than that either.
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 07-13-2017
Unless shit goes bad I don't see him starting.

If they're winning, I doubt they wanna disrupt the ship with a qb change. Unless he just blows it out of the water I doubt we see him this year
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:41 AM 07-13-2017
If the season goes to crap it may happen late in the year. Once you do it going back to Alex won't happen.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:58 AM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
If the season goes to crap it may happen late in the year. Once you do it going back to Alex won't happen.
Since 2013, the Chiefs have endured the losses of Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles, Allen Bailey, Jeff Allen, DAT, Spencer Ware, Jeremy Maclin, Travis Kelce, Brandon Albert and others while still winning 43 games.

It would take a plane crash for this season to "go to crap".
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:00 AM 07-13-2017
Interpretation

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:01 AM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
That's not happening. We have had a winning record every season Alex/Reid has been here.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:06 AM 07-13-2017
Alex be baiting safeties and tricking them into some dump offs.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:08 AM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Alex be baiting safeties and tricking them into some dump offs.
Alex has been here four years and got us a playoff win, he should have had another if our D didn't decide to stop playing against the Colts.

How many seasons did we go before he got here without a playoff win? What was it 40-yrs?
[Reply]
Dayze 11:12 AM 07-13-2017
21 years. 1993.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:15 AM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
21 years. 1993.
Staring Joe Montana.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:16 AM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
21 years. 1993.
Right... So Alex Smith should definitely get more respect around here IMO. 21-years is a long time. It's not like we were winning SBs before the guy got here.
[Reply]
Page 287 of 2694
« First < 187237277283284285286287 2882892902912973373877871287 > Last »
Up