ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 287 of 663
« First < 187237277283284285286287 288289290291297337387 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
TimBone 08:37 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
He should probably retire. Have a grand ceremony for him, put him in the UFC hall of fame, have him on TV shows, honor him, etc... but it would be nice to have someone just a little more professional. Hell, he owns 9% of Zuffa, he'll be fine.

We don't need someone with a stick up his ass like the NFL and MLB, just someone who wears a sports coat and thinks a couple seconds to lightly censor himself before answering questions.
That's perfect. I agree with it all.

Dana makes for great soundbites and drama, but he sticks his foot in his mouth quite a bit.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:17 AM 04-04-2015
Cool fight by Poirier. He belongs at 155.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:24 PM 04-04-2015
Not sure if anyone else saw it, but it was a cool batch of fights this afternoon.

The crowd was wrong about the Iaquinta decision. It was close and it could have gone either way, but no way should they have boo'd him out of the arena like that, given how hard he fought for that decision.
[Reply]
Old Dog 03:10 PM 04-04-2015
IMHO the booing of the decision isn't the same as booing him. Fine line, maybe.

I thought the 29-28 was correct though and question how the one judge had the second round for Masvedal and I've never been a Iaquinta fan.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:20 PM 04-07-2015
When are these idiots going to stop overtraining?

T.J. Dillashaw broke his ribs in wrestling practice. Dillashaw-Barao II is now off the UFC 186 card.

UFC 186 now just has the tinyman title fight and really not much else. (I'm assuming Bellator will successfully stop Rampage from fighting, and even if not, meh)
Called it!

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson ordered off UFC card as tug-of-war with Bellator rages on in court

Bellator won an injunction in court. Rampage isn't formally off yet, but if an emergency appeal is denied, then he's out of 186. Benson Henderson, I guess taking a page from his buddy Cowboy Cerrone, volunteered to fight on short notice at either lightweight or welterweight. If you are not going to be the champion, then the best way to get paid like one is to take tons of fights every year.

I'm still not paying for 186 though, that card sucks, with or without Henderson.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:54 PM 04-07-2015
Havent followed closely enough lately to have a real opinion... is McGregor about to get his ass beat or what?
[Reply]
alnorth 07:10 PM 04-07-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Havent followed closely enough lately to have a real opinion... is McGregor about to get his ass beat or what?
After his last two fights, which yeah they weren't top-5 guys, but still good fighters which he put away VERY easily, I now think Conor is good enough to be a reasonable choice on his own merits for Aldo's next fight rather than just being a blatant money-grab circus sideshow.

Just because he probably deserves a title shot doesn't mean he's beating Aldo though. Aldo will have been the champion for over 4 years and 7 defenses. He hasn't lost a fight since 2005.

So, Aldo should win, but Conor McGregor is dangerous. Not many featherweights have the kind of knockout power that he does, and his movement (which he often brags about) is pretty slick. He could catch Aldo with a well-placed strike.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:14 PM 04-07-2015
After his last two fights, which yeah they weren't top-5 guys, but still good fighters which he put away VERY easily, I now think Conor is good enough to be a reasonable choice on his own merits for Aldo's next fight rather than just being a blatant money-grab circus sideshow.

Just because he probably deserves a title shot doesn't mean he's beating Aldo though. Aldo will have been the champion for over 4 years and 7 defenses. He hasn't lost a fight since 2005.

So, Aldo should win, but Conor McGregor is dangerous. Not many featherweights have the kind of knockout power that he does, and his movement (which he often brags about) is pretty slick. He could catch Aldo with a well-placed strike.
Thats the kind of solid breakdown I was hoping for, thank you.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:47 PM 04-07-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Thats the kind of solid breakdown I was hoping for, thank you.
Ok now it's MY turn!

He's a super talented asshole who will hopefully evolve into something that doesn't force every public mma event into becoming a 3 ring circus.

But I'm a patient woman.

Or, at least, I have lots of pot.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:36 AM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Ok now it's MY turn!

He's a super talented asshole who will hopefully evolve into something that doesn't force every public mma event into becoming a 3 ring circus.

But I'm a patient woman.

Or, at least, I have lots of pot.
He does seem to be a polarizing figure, he knows how to run his mouth, that's for sure.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:52 AM 04-09-2015
Saw this somewhere. 186 looks really awful. Even if they were both free, I'd rather see the next UFC on Fox. Hell, an argument could be made for the Fox prelims over the 186 main card.

[Reply]
raybec 4 10:39 AM 04-09-2015
Saw this somewhere. 186 looks really awful. Even if they were both free, I'd rather see the next UFC on Fox. Hell, an argument could be made for the Fox prelims over the 186 main card.

That was a terrible card after Dillashaw got hurt, now with no Rampage.....yeesh
[Reply]
TimBone 11:16 AM 04-09-2015
Ohhhh, Swanson vs. Holloway could be fun.
[Reply]
Faddy Yomama 11:41 AM 04-09-2015
Not really excited to watch big men nail eachother. I'd be more excited to watch a harmless girl fight.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:25 PM 04-09-2015
I hope conor destroys him.
[Reply]
Page 287 of 663
« First < 187237277283284285286287 288289290291297337387 > Last »
Up