ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 285 of 293
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:52 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Wright might be the best coach besides coach K
:-) because you decided to have a team that does nothing but shoot 3's? Thats an idea. Teams are going to adjust to this new shit game. Lets see what he does then before you put him above Self.
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 AM 04-01-2018
Fucking awesome season. Conference title, conference tourney title, final 4 win.

It was a fun ride. Tough ending but it happens. Jay Wright’s post game was pretty spot on. Novas shots went in. Tough to beat.

Great run for Svi and Graham.
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) because you decided to have a team that does nothing but shoot 3's? Thats an idea. Teams are going to adjust to this new shit game. Lets see what he does then before you put him above Self.
It’s been going on for years. This is nothing new

It’s statistically smarter to shoot them if you can make them.

Hell its how Ku won all year. Did you watch?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:59 AM 04-01-2018
Jay wright hasnt changed his philosphy. He's been running the 5 shooter strategy for years. He simply has the horses right now to be "revolutionary"
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Add the intentional fouls at the end of close games and something really needs to be done.
Fuck yeah. Who wants to watch a free throw competition? It's called desperation time because it rarely works. We could be spared forcing us to watch another 10-15 minutes of prolonging the agony or waiting to celebrate the win.

Thats easy to fix. Just make every foul called 3 free throws. That'll make teams throw in the towel earlier.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Jay wright hasnt changed his philosphy. He's been running the 5 shooter strategy for years. He simply has the horses right now to be "revolutionary"
I'm aware of his history. My point was that he was the first and only "top" coach or program to stick with shooting mainly 3's no matter what happens in the game. It's still just an idea. Cause it worked the last few years, doesn't make him a better coach than Self.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:05 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hell its how Ku won all year. Did you watch?
:-) check in this thread
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:12 AM 04-01-2018
I feel really bad for anyone who traveled to San Antonio to watch that. Spend all that money to watch a game that was over 3 minutes in. The team didn’t even compete.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:12 AM 04-01-2018
I'm aware of his history. My point was that he was the first and only "top" coach or program to stick with shooting mainly 3's no matter what happens in the game. It's still just an idea. Cause it worked the last few years, doesn't make him a better coach than Self.
You are right, it doesn't. Just like other teams, coaches and programs: his roster developed perfectly to fit his scheme, currently. He has missed the Tourney 4 times at 'Nova in his 18 years... most recently in '12 where they went 13-19.

Wright is an awesome coach... He's had an awesome roster the last few years that has really propelled them to greatness. Kudos to them, but I like our coach just fine.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:22 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
You are right, it doesn't. Just like other teams, coaches and programs: his roster developed perfectly to fit his scheme, currently. He has missed the Tourney 4 times at 'Nova in his 18 years... most recently in '12 where they went 13-19.

Wright is an awesome coach... He's had an awesome roster the last few years that has really propelled them to greatness. Kudos to them, but I like our coach just fine.
I think of it like the Roy vs Self debate. Self has owned Roy head to head, but I doubt any UNC fans are unhappy with the 3 national titles and 5 Final Fours since ‘04.

Same deal here. Wright has owned Self head to head lately (beat us in the regular season in ‘14 and the tourney twice in a row now). Most Kansas fans aren’t unhappy with Self though.

The Self vs Wright debate is a lot closer though. Wright probably gets the edge if he wins another title in my opinion.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Self vs Wright debate is a lot closer though. Wright probably gets the edge if he wins another title in my opinion.
What a crock of shit. Self is a way better coach than Wright. He proved it just this year. Took his least talented team in years to a final 4. This is Wright's most talented team ever for his system.

Lets see what Self does next year with, at least on paper, his most talented roster in recent times.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM 04-01-2018
Wright is a two years removed from being questioned if he can win the big one

Fickle stuff
[Reply]
chiefqueen 08:38 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think of it like the Roy vs Self debate. Self has owned Roy head to head, but I doubt any UNC fans are unhappy with the 3 national titles and 5 Final Fours since ‘04.

Same deal here. Wright has owned Self head to head lately (beat us in the regular season in ‘14 and the tourney twice in a row now). Most Kansas fans aren’t unhappy with Self though.

You forgot to add UNC's 2 NCAA Tourney no shows since 2004 among Roy's accomplishments.
[Reply]
baitism 09:12 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by chiefqueen:
You forgot to add UNC's 2 NCAA Tourney no shows since 2004 among Roy's accomplishments.
No sane fan would trade UNC's last 15 years for KU's.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:57 AM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by baitism:
No sane fan would trade UNC's last 15 years for KU's.
Right. But nobody would trade Roy’s 15 years at KU with Selfs.
[Reply]
Page 285 of 293
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289 > Last »
Up