ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 285 of 2695
« First < 185235275281282283284285 2862872882892953353857851285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:38 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That isn't even close to fair. He scored the lone TD for the Chiefs vs. a stout Baltimore defense on a 40-yard run in 2010. He was hurt for all of the other games. Now, if you want to question his durability, that is completely fair and reasonable. But don't act like Jamaal wouldn't have balled out if he was able to play in some of those playoff games.
That's what I'm getting at. He wasn't capable of being a reliable, high-volume guy and yet he expected to be paid like one. 3 playoffs under Reid and JC contributed nuttin
[Reply]
kc79 09:45 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
This narrative that we lost that Pittsburg playoff game because of the holding call against Fisher is just ****ing stupid.

We lost that game because Andy Reid decided it would be a good idea go a long time consuming drive to play for a tie with 9 minutes left needing a TD and a 2pt. conversion, which is only successful about half the time, at best.

And in doing that, he left 2 minutes on the clock for the Steelers.

We weren't winning that game, even if Fisher doesn't get called for the hold.

That game was lost by Andy Reid.
You do realize Smith missed Maclin for a TD on that drive with about 5 minutes to go in the game.
[Reply]
kc79 09:49 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Jamaal Charles, the face of this franchise for half a decade, gave us absolutely nothing in the postseason. Yet, not one peep about his lack of production.
Was Charles being paid $16-$20m a year? Is the NFL a RB driven league?
[Reply]
19now11 10:10 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
12 years of excuses.
all other chiefs 47 years of excuses :-):-)
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 10:11 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by kc79:
Was Charles being paid $16-$20m a year? Is the NFL a RB driven league?
Charles was paid as a top tier RB for the last several seasons.

You have a brain?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:21 PM 07-12-2017
So now everything is Charles fault?

Dis be good!
[Reply]
BossChief 10:28 PM 07-12-2017
Damn, when I stopped reading this thread yesterday, it was back on track talking about Mahomes...how the **** did it get off the tracks again and turned into another shit on Alex Smith thread?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:33 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Damn, when I stopped reading this thread yesterday, it was back on track talking about Mahomes...how the **** did it get off the tracks again and turned into another shit on Alex Smith thread?
Because Chiefsplanet
[Reply]
BossChief 10:41 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by JohnV:
Lol. I think you guy's will like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4afVY7WCdJM

Guys that used to pitch, but have years of muscle memory since then throwing a football often have trouble controlling a baseball afterwards.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:49 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Because Chiefsplanet
Classic.

I mean, right now 95% of CP thinks of Mahomes as a straight up Demi-God and Alex Smith is the worst QB in the game.

It's silly.

People need to get used to the idea that Alex Smith is most likely going to play out his contract in KC and that Mahomes is going to sit for what will probably be more than a full season.

Alex Smith played the best ball of his whole career leading up to the concussion in his last year in SF...I kinda expect him to play at a pretty high level next year and to make it a fight for Pat to come take the job.

as Chiefs fans, we should want exactly that.

Who knows, maybe Alex plays the best ball of his career in2017 and KC trades him for a nice pick.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:01 PM 07-12-2017
Classic.

I mean, right now 95% of CP thinks of Mahomes as a straight up Demi-God and Alex Smith is the worst QB in the game.

It's silly.

People need to get used to the idea that Alex Smith is most likely going to play out his contract in KC and that Mahomes is going to sit for what will probably be more than a full season.

Alex Smith played the best ball of his whole career leading up to the concussion in his last year in SF...I kinda expect him to play at a pretty high level next year and to make it a fight for Pat to come take the job.

Who knows, maybe Alex plays the best ball of his career in2017 and KC trades him for a nice pick.
Great job getting the thread back to talking about Mahomes......:-)

Originally Posted by RunKC:
That post is sig worthy for sure. I need to find Tiger's post saying that the Chiefs shouldn't have drafted Mahomes bc he's terrible.
And in the process give Tiger the exact negative attention that he craves and, sadly, seems to need.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:01 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Charles was paid as a top tier RB for the last several seasons.

You have a brain?
:-)

I see it's fiction, not facts with you
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:02 PM 07-12-2017
Guys that used to pitch, but have years of muscle memory since then throwing a football often have trouble controlling a baseball afterwards.
Not gonna read too much into one pitch, but it would've been nice to have been surprised by something other than another toss 2-3 feet over the head of the intended.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:30 PM 07-12-2017
Classic.

It's silly.

Although I agree with most of your premise, I worry about how Alex Smith appeared so gun shy after the concussion and never really recovered from it. Smith main problem is that he plays scared way too often anyway so does he have time to recover in the relatively short time he has left in a Chiefs uniform? Will Mahomes looking over his shoulder make him more or less aggressive? Will Reid start to adapt the system to Mahomes a bit while Smith is still the starter?
[Reply]
Warrick 11:39 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not gonna read too much into one pitch, but it would've been nice to have been surprised by something other than another toss 2-3 feet over the head of the intended.
You mean 2-3 feet over his head in a standing position, not to mention a little jump at the end of it. Hey, look we're back to talking about Mahomes again.
[Reply]
Page 285 of 2695
« First < 185235275281282283284285 2862872882892953353857851285 > Last »
Up