ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 791
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334384784 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:26 PM 03-11-2019
Landon Collins wasnt even that good
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 03-11-2019
Seriously - why didn't the Giants tag the guy? Why didn't the Chiefs get the Giants on the horn and BEG them to tag the guy. Tell them that you don't want to dick around in the FA market and you'll flip them a 5 or something just to get him the !@#$ out of their division.

I'm sorry but I just keep feeling like Veach mis-read the market. How doesn't he emphasize that in a conversation with NYG? How doesn't he hammer that point home in trade discussions on Houston? How is it that anyone could've looked at the amount of money in the FA market and felt like this wasn't EXACTLY how this was going to go? Especially when that's, y'know, his job.

Oh wait, we were probably never in on Collins at all because of Andy Reid and Eric !@#$ing Berry.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Face palm all you want, this team has a dumpster fire at safety and isn't much better at CB, if you think you're gonna draft that many productive guys in the secondary...put down your controller this isn't madden.
So Collins gets signed and that means we aren’t going to do anything?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:27 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Okay, I'll use a different name in my hypotheticals from now on, so as not to offend you. :-)
Well yeah, your post said $15-18M for Tre Boston. So my reaction is going to be

[Reply]

Mecca 01:28 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ford and Berry are both coming back next year. Bank on it.
Another year of Eric Berry and his spirit being week to week...great.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Landon Collins wasnt even that good
Certainly not worth that kind of contract. I mean, it's not just big dollars, it's 6 freaking years. No way he's worth that. Nobody outside of a franchise QB is worth a 6-year deal.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:28 PM 03-11-2019

Reuniting with somebody huh ���� https://t.co/uuESZOhCZ9

— Armani Watts (@GGPR_BANGER5) March 11, 2019

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:28 PM 03-11-2019
[Rosenblatt] Nick Foles is expected to sign with the Jaguars by tonight, per @MikeSilver. Called the Jaguars “cautiously optimistic” that it would happen and the contract could get as high as $22M per season.

Mahomes is on pace for 300 mil at this point :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:28 PM 03-11-2019
$17-18M per year on Flowers
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well yeah, your post said $15-18M for Tre Boston. So my reaction is going to be

I get it. I have mine too. His name is Dee Ford.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 01:29 PM 03-11-2019
If I pay top dollar, it’s to Earl Thomas. That’s it
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:29 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Seriously - why didn't the Giants tag the guy? Why didn't the Chiefs get the Giants on the horn and BEG them to tag the guy. Tell them that you don't want to dick around in the FA market and you'll flip them a 5 or something just to get him the !@#$ out of their division.

I'm sorry but I just keep feeling like Veach mis-read the market. How doesn't he emphasize that in a conversation with NYG? How doesn't he hammer that point home in trade discussions on Houston? How is it that anyone could've looked at the amount of money in the FA market and felt like this wasn't EXACTLY how this was going to go? Especially when that's, y'know, his job.

Oh wait, we were probably never in on Collins at all because of Andy Reid and Eric !@#$ing Berry.
Uh, Collins wasn't signing that tag.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:29 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Dude, Collins isn't much better, if at all, then the 2nd tier guys on that list who very well may still be looking for a job a month from now.

If last year's safety market was any indication, guys like Clinton-Dix will still be making the rounds a few weeks from now.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:29 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So Collins gets signed and that means we aren’t going to do anything?
Nah but he elevated that market to the point that Earl Thomas who has the same agent by the way, is going to expect a huge deal...

This is a big time deal this team really has a trashcan secondary.
[Reply]
booger 01:29 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
We're in the back of the club watching drunk Dan Snyder and Mark Davis throwing their money at girls that aren't going to look nearly as good tomorrow morning when the buzz wears off and the bill comes due.
Lmao that’s a scary thought
[Reply]
Page 284 of 791
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334384784 > Last »
Up