ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 3903
« First < 184234274280281282283284 2852862872882943343847841284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 03:54 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
What does it matter how much I care about the fatality rate? It is what it is. How much I care isn't going to change that part of it.

Moving on . . .

You and Donger and the other guy are overreacting to my use of the example of the common cold. I never said it's as lethal or whatever as the common cold. But it's certainly a lot less lethal than ebola. Where's your outrage for his use of Ebola?

What I was trying to communicate was that this thing will ultimately spread much like rhinovirus. That everyone at some point will come into contact with it. And that ultimately younger people will get it, and get over it, much like younger people get over the cold or the flu. That was extent of my comparison.

You people are the ones trying to reinterpret what I meant.
Not everyone has gotten, SARS, H1N1 or influenza.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:54 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you know what the R0 figures are for both the common rhinovirus and SARS-CoV-2 are?
Off the top of my head no. Not really priority info in my world. Why don't you tell me . . .
[Reply]
Donger 03:55 PM 03-15-2020
Off the top of my head no. Not really priority info in my world. Why don't you tell me . . .
Sure, I'll be happy to. But first, do you know what R0 means and why it's important?
[Reply]
SupDock 03:57 PM 03-15-2020
What does it matter how much I care about the fatality rate? It is what it is. How much I care isn't going to change that part of it.

Moving on . . .

You and Donger and the other guy are overreacting to my use of the example of the common cold. I never said it's as lethal or whatever as the common cold. But it's certainly a lot less lethal than ebola. Where's your outrage for his use of Ebola?

What I was trying to communicate was that this thing will ultimately spread much like rhinovirus. That everyone at some point will come into contact with it. And that ultimately younger people will get it, and get over it, much like younger people get over the cold or the flu. That was extent of my comparison.

You people are the ones trying to reinterpret what I meant.

I think everyone is struggling to interpret what you mean.
[Reply]
patteeu 03-15-2020, 03:58 PM
This message has been deleted by patteeu.
Megatron96 03:58 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Not everyone has gotten, SARS, H1N1 or influenza.
Most people in this country have had the flu at some point in their lives. And when I say most, I mean more than 50% of the population before they expire for whatever reason if they lived at least 25 years, probably have had a cold or the flu. And the vast majority of those people survive the experience. It's when you get old, or if you're very young, that the cold or flu is actually dangerous.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:58 PM 03-15-2020

Yeah, everyone by now should know people under 50 years old and otherwise healthy will get over it with no complications... there's been very little concern about that part of the population.

The concern is regarding spreading it to anyone over 50 or has underlying health conditions, potential lock downs (the hoarding, obviously), and the strain on healthcare if it were to spread like it has in other countries.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:00 PM 03-15-2020
Sure, I'll be happy to. But first, do you know what R0 means and why it's important?
reverse osmosis.

Why do you insist on trying to make everyone take a quiz?
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:00 PM 03-15-2020
That was funny, patteeu.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:00 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, everyone by now should know people under 50 years old and otherwise healthy will get over it with no complications... there's been very little concern about that part of the population.

The concern is regarding spreading it to anyone over 50 or has underlying health conditions, potential lock downs (the hoarding, obviously), and the strain on healthcare if it were to spread like it has in other countries.
I'm very concerned about the population over age 50. Well, I'm concerned about a few of us. Mostly me and my wife.
[Reply]
Donger 04:02 PM 03-15-2020
reverse osmosis.

Why do you insist on trying to make everyone take a quiz?
You seem to be under the impression that SARS-CoV-2 spreads as easily as the common rhinovirus. If you knew what the R0 figures are for each, you'd know that that isn't the case at all, or remotely, thankfully.
[Reply]
SupDock 04:02 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm very concerned about the population over age 50. Well, I'm concerned about a few of us. Mostly me and my wife.
ED provider in critical condition due to Covid-19

https://www.acep.org/corona/covid-19...fzzRtsR8HJf7No

This erroneous statement that people under 50 aren't getting seriously ill is ridiculous
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:04 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

I'm over 50 and I'm a smoker. Not as much as I used to, now pretty much just when I go out, so a couple times a week or every two weeks, but there it is.

The fact is that I have a much higher chance of dying from this thing than many of you, especially if you're under 40 or whatever.

But getting emotional about it does nothing. It's a waste of everyone's time. Acting irrational is worse. I'm going to live my life as normally as possible. I can't work from home. And I'm not going to hide from the world because I might get this thing and it might kill me. I'm 51; life's too short to hole up in a bunker hoping this goes away.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:05 PM 03-15-2020
You seem to be under the impression that SARS-CoV-2 spreads as easily as the common rhinovirus. If you knew what the R0 figures are for each, you'd know that that isn't the case at all, or remotely, thankfully.
When did I mention SARS?
[Reply]
SupDock 04:05 PM 03-15-2020
When did I mention SARS?
I think we're done here
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:05 PM 03-15-2020
Also, before you answer that question, what is the average speed of an unladen swallow?
[Reply]
Page 284 of 3903
« First < 184234274280281282283284 2852862872882943343847841284 > Last »
Up