ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 283 of 386
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333383 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Hawk 05:01 PM 05-06-2019
I always thought, well at least the show will give us an ending since that bastard GRRM can't seem to finish the books. But this is a rushed ending with a lot of holes and obvious plot devices. I am a bit disappointed in it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited to watch the next two episodes and see it through, but it's not going to be as good as it could have been, and it is really making me long for a book ending even more than I already did because I know the book ending will be better...or at least more true to the spirit of the books and series up to this point.

I hope GRRM watches this season and it really lights a fire under his ass not to let D&D forever write the only ending to his epic masterpiece. Surely he's not satisfied with how this is playing out, he's a stickler for details and all the things people are pointing out have to be driving him crazy.

But look guys, we all know that D&D are not in the same class as GRRM. They are Hollywood all the way, and they are going to do a Hollywood ending, and they obviously had to rush it more than it deserved for a myriad of reasons. There's no point in being overly pissed about it, and it's not a surprise given there were only 13 episodes covering the last two seasons. I'm going to watch it and enjoy it for what we all know it is, and then I'm going to pray like crazy that GRRM gives us his own ending before it is too late.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:02 PM 05-06-2019
This mentality actually helps me hate it a bit less.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...adopt_to_make/

Originally Posted by :
It's no secret that as the show has progressed past the source material, the show's quality has gone down considerably. However I have come up with a fun mindset to continue this journey so I don't feel so terribly about the show's stumble toward it's conclusion. It is as follows:

Both GRRMs version and D&Ds version actually both exist in the same universe. GRRMs version is the written word as recorded by the maesters. It is actually what happened during the story. D & D's story is being told by some drunk uncle at some wedding sometime in the future in Westeros. He starts out sober but continues to get more drunk as the story progresses. By the end he slurs his words. He leaves out details. He makes drunk dick jokes. But he sloppily gets to the end of the story leaving his audience confused and unfulfilled by his drunken conclusion.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:08 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Top Comment.

"Grandpa, wouldn't the dragon lady be able to see the pirate man's ships?"

"Forrrgottt."

"But that doesn't-"

"...Scheeeeeee Forrrrrrgohhhhht..."
[Reply]
Pablo 05:12 PM 05-06-2019

I'm in. Just let whoever writes his bits take over the whole show and it'll be gold.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:22 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:

I like this a lot.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:55 PM 05-06-2019
[No Spoilers] I couldn't have come up with a better description. from r/gameofthrones

[Reply]
Frazod 06:14 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Exaaaaactly. WTF? Cersei can have Tyrion feathered with a hand gesture and she doesn't? She can put an end to the Targ rebellion with the flick of a switch and she doesn't?

GoT is built upon being hard, cold, ruthless and indiscriminate as to who dies. The story made it's bones on harsh reality. The first hour of this episode just pissed all over that. We got the emasculation of Jon, Jamie, Tormund, Gendric. I kept hoping Pod would smack them all in the face with his big cock.

The only main characters holding true to the story are Euron, Arya, Sansa, and Hound. And Cersei even though she would have killed them all if GRRM were still driving.

/rant except I'm going to be that guy who quotes himself because I was most gratified to see that hot bitch Cersei listens to me. From last week:
Jon hasn't changed. He still the brooding Forrest Gump of Westeros.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:32 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Jon hasn't changed. He still the brooding Forrest Gump of Westeros.
Hah yeah that’s true. He’s gonna’ need to stop kissing his woman’s ass and get her under control though. A little Robert Baratheon style “wear it in silence or I’ll honor you again.”
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:43 PM 05-06-2019
Just finished watching. The scorpions at KL seem easily destroyable with fire arrows. The episode sort of ends with a Dany bout to lose control and attack without her army feel.

I think they're doing a good job of keeping me guessing. Episode had a ton of direct "Jons the one stuff" along with a good amount of Dany is an emotional dumbass. Jon's dragon dying sort of seems like foreshadowing though so eh. Jaime, you dumbass lol
[Reply]
Bump 06:59 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Just finished watching. The scorpions at KL seem easily destroyable with fire arrows. The episode sort of ends with a Dany bout to lose control and attack without her army feel.

I think they're doing a good job of keeping me guessing. Episode had a ton of direct "Jons the one stuff" along with a good amount of Dany is an emotional dumbass. Jon's dragon dying sort of seems like foreshadowing though so eh. Jaime, you dumbass lol
Ya I was entertained. That's all I care about. It won't ruin my day if the ending to the series sucks.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 07:10 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
toxic fandom
I don't know what that is. but it sounds fucking retarded
[Reply]
Iconic 09:45 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Here's the rest of the series in short if you don't want to waste any more time and just laugh at this disaster like the rest of us.

Spoiler!
Please for the love of god tell me this is a troll or something. This can't be real. This is going to go down as possibly one of the most disappointing bits of television ever, if true.

Holy ****. D&D are absolutely clueless without GRRM.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:53 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Please for the love of god tell me this is a troll or something. This can't be real. This is going to go down as possibly one of the most disappointing bits of television ever, if true.

Holy ****. D&D are absolutely clueless without GRRM.
The last two points on the right side were added later. Some are questioning them now that the betting odds have completely changed for who ends up on the Throne.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:54 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
I don't know what that is. but it sounds ****ing retarded
Idk. There's a forum I frequent that's literally re-writing a new script for Endgame. It's pretty... desperate, to say the least.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:30 PM 05-06-2019
Bran being essentially useless and uninvolved is very frustrating. The way his character has been represents one the common themes that has bothered me, which is we keep thinking scenes, events, or dialogues are setting up for increasingly complex and interesting things to happen. But nothing seems to happen as a result of many scenes in the show.

A lot of scenes are just there or are only happening for the viewer to see something or we have to imagine great things without the show having to do the heavy lifting. Us imagining what might happen as a result of something between characters but don’t know for sure what it’s about is much more fun when we actually get some sort of payoff or result. Without it we are just left imagining and frustrated that something that seemed important in the moment actually turned out to be nothing.

Two that stick out in relation to Bran are his conversation with Tyrion and when he flew the ravens around the Night King. Both sort of just happened and apparently aren’t leading to anything. I don’t think that would have happened a few seasons ago.

I keep thinking of “what does this mean?” or “can’t wait to learn about that or see the result” but nothing happens and there just doesn’t seem to be any of that clever or intricate workings within the show.

I am still enjoying it but the things that had to happen to get to this point do require a bit too much convenience that we aren’t used to from this show. They take you out of the experience of watching which really contributes to your level of enthusiasm about it.
[Reply]
Page 283 of 386
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333383 > Last »
Up