ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2812 of 4910
« First < 1812231227122762280228082809281028112812 281328142815281628222862291233123812 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:53 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
None of the wins during the last few years mattered. Nothing was ever on the line. I didn't care when Denver was pummeling Alex Smith into the dirt and you shouldn't have cared about beating Drew Lock.

Now that Big Russ is here the counting can begin..
Here is a reminder for you.

https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/lis...enver-broncos/
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 11:54 PM 03-08-2022
None of the wins during the last few years mattered. Nothing was ever on the line. I didn't care when Denver was pummeling Alex Smith into the dirt and you shouldn't have cared about beating Drew Lock.

Wait a minute…. So you’re saying the ownage of the Broncos doesn’t count because you guys had garbage at QB? But you loved each and every one of those guys prior to those seasons, even pitching a boner for Keenum and his ability to get guys into the huddle. You are the absolute worst kind of delusional, homer dipshit. You absolutely deserve these years of being garbage and the future years of being good, but not quite good enough to actually win anything that you guys just mortgaged your future for.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:07 AM 03-09-2022

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:17 AM 03-09-2022
Your crush certainly changed from Rodgers to Wilson real quick……

At least our games will be more interesting now. It was getting boring beating you guys with the garbage you had at QB.

It was always humorous, though, when you thought you would win. Good times.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:18 AM 03-09-2022

The Dolphins have been relatively terrible while Tom Brady was in New England. They still managed to frequently hand him a loss, sometimes at rather inopportune times. Just because they were bad and the Patriots were good doesn't mean the Patriots streak against the Bills doesn't matter or doesn't count.

These are division games. Dominance is dominance. 13 straight is 13 straight. You may not care about the games, but the players do.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:34 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Your crush certainly changed from Rodgers to Wilson real quick……
The only reason I was so hard after Rodgers was because it seemed realistic that we were going to get him. I didn't think the Broncos had a shot at Russell Wilson. We couldn't match the draft picks that Philly and the Giants could offer and I didn't think it was likely that Seattle would actually trade him. Turns out that Philly did offer, and Seattle was willing to trade him, but Russ would only waive his no-trade clause for Denver.

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

At least our games will be more interesting now. It was getting boring beating you guys with the garbage you had at QB.
Yes. Exactly. You should be proud of going to four straight AFC Championship games and going to a couple of Super Bowls, not beating the lowly, QB-less Broncos for a few years.
[Reply]
TEX 10:17 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Dolphins have been relatively terrible while Tom Brady was in New England. They still managed to frequently hand him a loss, sometimes at rather inopportune times. Just because they were bad and the Patriots were good doesn't mean the Patriots streak against the Bills doesn't matter or doesn't count.

These are division games. Dominance is dominance. 13 straight is 13 straight. You may not care about the games, but the players do.
Yep. 6.5 years of dominance dating all the way back to 5 - Head. If the streak was reversed, it sure would mean something to him. I know far less streaks sure have. Can't wait to extend it!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:07 AM 03-09-2022

If the Broncos get Von Miller back, then George Paton will basically just get Russell Wilson for a couple 1st rounders, a 31-year old DT, a TE with one year left on his deal, and a QB that didn't work out anyway.

He still has 3 picks in the top 100 this year.

Build the statue.

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) March 9, 2022

:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:18 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. 6.5 years of dominance dating all the way back to 5 - Head. If the streak was reversed, it sure would mean something to him. I know far less streaks sure have. Can't wait to extend it!
I’ll be happy to see it end. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:28 AM 03-09-2022

:-)
The more I think about this, the better the deal looks for Denver.

They are definitely mortgaging the future a bit, but that's to be expected when dealing for a franchise QB.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 11:30 AM 03-09-2022
The only reason I was so hard after Rodgers was because it seemed realistic that we were going to get him. I didn't think the Broncos had a shot at Russell Wilson. We couldn't match the draft picks that Philly and the Giants could offer and I didn't think it was likely that Seattle would actually trade him. Turns out that Philly did offer, and Seattle was willing to trade him, but Russ would only waive his no-trade clause for Denver.
s.
your logic failed you again
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:31 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

They are definitely mortgaging the future a bit, but that's to be expected when dealing for a franchise QB.
And, I'm much more content with it since Wilson is 33 and not nearly 39 like Rodgers. Wilson could/should be good for the next 6-7 years.

They also have a R2, two R3 and two R4 picks in this draft. That's 5 solid picks and they can move up a bit if they like and it won't cost much.
[Reply]
manchambo 11:36 AM 03-09-2022

Looking at the firsts, at least, no one would be upset with trading this year’s first plus next year’s to move up to take a Wilson caliber QB.

The real fly in the ointment is the contract—if you traded up for a QB, he’d be on a rookie deal. But Denver’s cap situation is pretty solid.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:20 PM 03-09-2022

Either 1 or both of those 1's would have been spent on a complete unknown at QB.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:21 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Looking at the firsts, at least, no one would be upset with trading this year’s first plus next year’s to move up to take a Wilson caliber QB.

The real fly in the ointment is the contract—if you traded up for a QB, he’d be on a rookie deal. But Denver’s cap situation is pretty solid.
Which is something Elway and team did well enough...manage the cap. Biggest blunder is probably not hiring Kyle Shanahan.
[Reply]
Page 2812 of 4910
« First < 1812231227122762280228082809281028112812 281328142815281628222862291233123812 > Last »
Up