ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 281 of 319
« First < 181231271277278279280281 282283284285291 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:40 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If he’s going into the draft needing a LT, he’s not gonna sit around and wait for some protect 3rd rounder.

Whether they can trade up or not is all depending on cost
I never said he would. I actually even said that they will take one somewhere in the first 2 rounds for sure.

Again, keep up.

There are several teams picking in the early 20’s that need a T. Just because you want a T and are willing to trade up doesn’t mean that it’s going to be easy or even possible.

That’s why you add a guy like Okung, so you don’t force yourself into doing it in round 1. It gives the flexibility to get one in round 2 in a class that is extremely deep. You can even trade up in round 2 as well.
[Reply]
O.city 03:42 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I never said he would. I actually even said that they will take one somewhere in the first 2 rounds for sure.

Again, keep up.
Yeah, keep taking to yourself and you’ll get there.

They aren’t gonna wait on the 5th best LT prospect
[Reply]
staylor26 03:44 PM 03-20-2021
What’s “out of panic or desperation” even mean?

They don’t have a LT right now and they desperately need one. So yeah, they’ll probably have to make some moves
I think it’s self explanatory.

Veach isn’t going to trade up for a LT. He’s going to trade up for his guy. One is out of desperation, the other is calculated and selective.

Do you honestly not see the difference here? JFC.
[Reply]
O.city 03:46 PM 03-20-2021

Veach isn’t going to trad duo for a LT. He’s going to trade up for his guy. One is out of desperation, the other is calculated and selective.

I think it’s semantics to make you feel better.

It’s ok if they blow it out to get a great LT prospect. If they give up picks, who cares if it works out
[Reply]
staylor26 03:48 PM 03-20-2021
I think it’s semantics to make you feel better.

It’s ok if they blow it out to get a great LT prospect. If they give up picks, who cares if it works out
“Semantics to make me feel better”?

:-)

What the fuck are you even talking about? Feel better about what exactly? This is what happens when you jump into the middle of a discussion and you don’t have a fucking clue.

I’m talking about the attitude of “trade up for a LT or bust”. These kinds of decisions aren’t made like that, and if they are it’s poor decision making.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:49 PM 03-20-2021
So you think Veach is going into this draft thinking “I HAVE to trade up for a LT, regardless of where, which one, or what I’m giving up”.

I’m not saying that he won’t trade up, or that he won’t try to, I’m saying he’s not going to do it out of panic or desperation like some are implying we should. Nor should he.
If he goes into the draft with no current plan at LT, then yes it does become desperation to some extent.

Right now, who's playing LT on this football team?

Tega Winnebago? Fuck no. The kid can't get off the PS on any team but he's going to suddenly become a starter? How about he just makes the team first.

Remmers? Solid RT, not so much a LT.

Niang? Don't rightly know. He's always been a RT, and looks like a good one.

Thuney? I don't think you want him out there on the regular. He can handle it in a pinch, same as Remmers, but not long term.

Rankin? Dear fucking God, help us.
[Reply]
O.city 03:50 PM 03-20-2021
“Semantics to make me feel better”?

:-)

What the **** are you even talking about? Feel better about what exactly? This is what happens when you jump into the middle of a discussion and you don’t have a ****ing clue.
Whoever they trade up for he’s gonna say it’s his guy or whatever

They aren’t gonna say “we didn’t have a LT and had to have one” after wards.

So semantics

If they love a guy, go get him. Yeah can fill in the missing picks with later rounders and LT is more important than another lber or safety for t whatever
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:51 PM 03-20-2021
Hopefully it’s Okung with a rookie in the first three rounds behind him.

Shit....or Okung and trade for a guy like Dillard.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:52 PM 03-20-2021

Veach isn’t going to trade up for a LT. He’s going to trade up for his guy. One is out of desperation, the other is calculated and selective.

Which is exactly why he's not going to draft guys like Teven Jenkins, Alex Leatherwood, or Liam Eichenberg and nobody is really suggesting he does. They don't fit as LTs on this football team. Jenkins at RT, sure. Leatherwood at OG, sure.

Desperate and selective can walk hand-in-hand.

Right now, things are becoming more desperate than they looked a few weeks back.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:52 PM 03-20-2021
This is picks 18-24:

18. Miami (10-6)
19. Washington* (7-9)
20. Chicago* (8-8)
21. Indianapolis* (11-5)
22. Tennessee* (11-5)
23. NY Jets – from Seattle* (12-4)
24. Pittsburgh* (12-4)

That’s 5 teams with a need at LT in there.

2-3 of the top T’s should already be gone. Just because you want to trade up for a guy like Cosmi, doesn’t mean you will able to. This isn’t Madden. You can’t just make a trade because you want to. It doesn’t work like that.
[Reply]
O.city 03:52 PM 03-20-2021
If you’re gonna take one early, Okung is redundant.

Scout who you want, go get him, coach him up and play him
[Reply]
staylor26 03:54 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If he goes into the draft with no current plan at LT, then yes it does become desperation to some extent.

Right now, who's playing LT on this football team?

Tega Winnebago? Fuck no. The kid can't get off the PS on any team but he's going to suddenly become a starter? How about he just makes the team first.

Remmers? Solid RT, not so much a LT.

Niang? Don't rightly know. He's always been a RT, and looks like a good one.

Thuney? I don't think you want him out there on the regular. He can handle it in a pinch, same as Remmers, but not long term.

Rankin? Dear fucking God, help us.
Ummm this is all under the assumption that they also add a veteran LT like Okung.

Veach isn’t going into the draft without one.
[Reply]
O.city 03:54 PM 03-20-2021
Send next years 1 and a 3 to get to 12 or so and take darrisaw
[Reply]
staylor26 03:56 PM 03-20-2021
Send next years 1 and a 3 to get to 12 or so and take darrisaw
How do you know that the 49ers are willing to trade all the way back to 31?
[Reply]
TEX 03:57 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hopefully it’s Okung with a rookie in the first three rounds behind him.

Shit....or Okung and trade for a guy like Dillard.
Okung BLOWS.. But I get your point.
[Reply]
Page 281 of 319
« First < 181231271277278279280281 282283284285291 > Last »
Up