ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 280 of 319
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284290 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:55 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Revan is projected to be a RT/OG in the pros
He reminds of Cody Ford who has flopped at tackle so far.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:10 PM 03-20-2021
Kyle Fuller officially released.

Would take him or Adoree gladly. Afraid Denver will go get him. He’s 29 so wouldn’t want anything beyond a couple years.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:11 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Kyle Fuller officially released.

Would take him or Adoree gladly. Afraid Denver will go get him. He’s 29 so wouldn’t want anything beyond a couple years.
Broncos will throw it all at Fuller with Fangio there.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:15 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There was no combine so that’s not the case here.

He’s going off of this rule that he’s made in his head where any LT we can possibly get at 63 has to be a huge project because reasons!
Any tackle you get beyond the top 20-24 or so is usually a project.
Most starters in the NFL were taken at or before that range or in the 4th and developed.

Run has legitimate reasons he's not articulating.

I'm not advocating KC not take a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd or wherever there is value but I can say that probabilities are not in your favor to get a starter for 2021 if you don't go up in 1.

So, if you don't want to lock yourself into that scenario, the only realistic options are to 1) sign a vet right now and the only vet with schematic fit at LT really is Okung or 2) trade for a vet and there aren't many realistic options there.

It's especially frustrating that the Chiefs didn't sign Reiff after missing on Williams. Sign Okung and hope he stays healthy? Trade for Dillon and hope he's grown into a starting caliber lineman? Sign Roderick Johnson who's looked good in limited reps but better at RT? Hope like hell that Niang can play LT?

None of those options look as appealing to me as trading a 2nd and 4th or whatever it happens to take to move up for Sam Cosmi in the 20 range.

Can KC sit at 31 and get a LT for 2021? More than Probably not. The Chiefs aren't the only team that needs a LT right now, so they will be hot commodities. We know that the Chargers, Vikings, Colts, and Steelers need LTs and we know that the Cowboys, Bears, Redskins, and Jaguars could be players.

Round one LTs look to be Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, and Cosmi. After that, a bunch of RTs and a fall off to guys like Radunz, Hudson, Little, etc that should be late 2nd-4th round guys. No trade up means a developmental guy later.

It just doesn't look that great for letting the board fall to you theories.
[Reply]
O.city 03:24 PM 03-20-2021
Yeah it’s a bit different to sit and wait for a wr or corner. LT is just a spot that you usually either invest high picks in or get lucky and get a late rounder to develop (rare)

Veach is always aggressive so if there’s one they like I’d imagine they explore trading up and grabbing him
[Reply]
staylor26 03:26 PM 03-20-2021
I certainly don’t think Little is a day 1 starter because he’s been out of football for so long, but I also don’t think he’s a “project”. There’s a difference.

You guys sound like you’re coming from a place of desperation and are trying to force a trade up. It might not “look that great for letting the board fall to you theories”, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to go the panic route either.

If this team goes into TC with Okung, Remmers, Niang, and Little (Tega Wanogho too) they are FAR better off at T than they were when they cut Fisher and Schwartz.

Worst case scenario, you can always sign Fisher once he’s healthy if something happens to Okung. I don’t think anybody is going to sign him anytime soon, so that should remain an option as well.

Is it ideal? Obviously not. Ideal would’ve been signing Williams, but that didn’t happen.

I also don’t think it’s a guarantee that trading up for Cosmi or somebody like that solves our LT issues day 1 either. Cosmi might take some time to get ready to play just like Niang and Little. There are no day 1 guarantees when you’re talking about rookies. The best we can do is add a stop gap and make sure we get a T somewhere in the first 2 rounds.

I just don’t see how you can go into a draft telling yourself you HaVE to trade up or you HAVE to take the best LT available at 31. You won’t ever get me to agree with a panic/desperation move like that.
[Reply]
O.city 03:30 PM 03-20-2021
If they think there’s a guy that kicks down the LT spot for the next however long that’s in range of a trade up, they’ll do it. That’s not desperation that’s getting your guy.

Getting your future at LT is worth it if you have to trade some picks that aren’t likely to be anything anyway
[Reply]
In58men 03:31 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You are correct
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:32 PM 03-20-2021
What is wrong with Liam Eichenberg??? Can he play LT in the NFL? Franchise are you the Notre Dame guy around here???
[Reply]
staylor26 03:32 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they think there’s a guy that kicks down the LT spot for the next however long that’s in range of a trade up, they’ll do it. That’s not desperation that’s getting your guy.

Getting your future at LT is worth it if you have to trade some picks that aren’t likely to be anything anyway
I never said they wouldn’t. I also never said I wouldn’t. I’m talking about the idea that we HAVE to. Yes, that’s the definition of desperation.

Keep up dumbass.
[Reply]
O.city 03:34 PM 03-20-2021
I never said they wouldn’t. I also never said I wouldn’t. I’m talking about the idea that we HAVE to. Yes, that’s the definition of desperation.

Keep up dumbass.
They aren’t gonna sit and wait for a LT or bandaid it up.

Veach isn’t a bandaid type gm
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:34 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

The #Broncos have agreed to terms with two-time Pro Bowl CB Kyle Fuller on a one-year, $9.5 million deal, including $9M fully guaranteed, per source. They swooped in quickly after the #Bears released Fuller, who now reunites with Vic Fangio in Denver.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:37 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They aren’t gonna sit and wait for a LT or bandaid it up.

Veach isn’t a bandaid type gm
So you think Veach is going into this draft thinking “I HAVE to trade up for a LT, regardless of where, which one, or what I’m giving up”.

I’m not saying that he won’t trade up, or that he won’t try to, I’m saying he’s not going to do it out of panic or desperation like some are implying we should. Nor should he.
[Reply]
O.city 03:39 PM 03-20-2021
So you think Veach is going into this draft thinking “I HAVE to trade up for a LT, regardless of where, who, or what I’m giving up”.

I’m not saying that he won’t trade up, or that he won’t try to, I’m saying he’s not going to do it out of panic or desperation like some are implying we should. Nor should he.
If he’s going into the draft needing a LT, he’s not gonna sit around and wait for some protect 3rd rounder.

Whether they can trade up or not is all depending on cost
[Reply]
O.city 03:40 PM 03-20-2021
What’s “out of panic or desperation” even mean?

They don’t have a LT right now and they desperately need one. So yeah, they’ll probably have to make some moves
[Reply]
Page 280 of 319
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284290 > Last »
Up