ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 120
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 02:43 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Countdown to Mo giving a ridiculous Bret Cecil type of contract to some broke dick street FA after JLM or Matz are done for the year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:13 PM 05-05-2023
Maybe this guy is better than some of our current starting pitchers?

Congratulations to LHP Matthew Liberatore on being named the St. Louis Cardinals Minor League Pitcher of the Month AND the MiLB International League Pitcher of the Month! pic.twitter.com/KUHJi8cOMc

— Memphis Redbirds (@memphisredbirds) May 5, 2023

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 PM 05-05-2023
This team is an absolute abortion with RISP.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 PM 05-05-2023
{snicker}

I'm not gonna bother with a blow my blow, but one cannot show his ass any worse than Marmol did tonight.

As bad as he routinely is, this was a masterclass in suck. And did, as I'm sure you can imagine, involve another dick measuring contest with the umpires where Marmol has the rules wrong.

He's just such a piece of shit.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:23 AM 05-06-2023

#STLCards manager Oli Marmol affirmed that Willson Contreras will be used almost exclusively as a DH in the coming weeks.

In an attempt to enhance familiarity with pitchers, Andrew Knizner will do the bulk of the catching over the next two weeks. Tres Barrera will catch some.

— John Denton (@JohnDenton555) May 6, 2023

lol this organization is a circus
[Reply]
jd1020 11:40 AM 05-06-2023
Interesting.

A month into Contreras' deal they just completely removed the most valuable part of his deal. When you stick him at DH his bat doesn't look all that hot any more. He's about league average at DH. Also, you take Gorman out of any sort of regular PAs and he's doing more damage right now.

Solid work.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:44 AM 05-06-2023
I wouldn't say it's interesting as much as I'd say it's incompetence.

On the part of Mo and Ollie
[Reply]
jd1020 11:48 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I wouldn't say it's interesting as much as I'd say it's incompetence.

On the part of Mo and Ollie
Trade off might be worth it if Knizner can actually catch and call a game, but I didn't think defense was his calling card.

Hell, maybe the Cardinals are finally ready to make a trade with a Gorman level player after folding on Soto, seems pretty damn early in the season for anything serious to unfold though.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:59 AM 05-06-2023
It also installs another Yadi-like black hole in the line-up.

Too risky. We'll trade for Brad Keller and call it a season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:07 PM 05-06-2023

lol this organization is a circus
Just saw this on Twitter and found it bizarre as a non-Cardinals fan. What are they doing here? They just signed him to a 5 year deal, presumably to catch?
[Reply]
bdj23 12:13 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Just saw this on Twitter and found it bizarre as a non-Cardinals fan. What are they doing here? They just signed him to a 5 year deal, presumably to catch?
They did

The FO is incompetent and flailing now. Organization is a circus and DeWitt needs to clean house. But nothing will happen until asses stop finding seats at Busch.

And I admit, I'm kind of a Hypocrite in saying that since I'm going next month. But it's a sunk cost for me so I kind of have to bite the bullet on this shitty baseball team.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:27 PM 05-06-2023
They did

The FO is incompetent and flailing now. Organization is a circus and DeWitt needs to clean house. But nothing will happen until asses stop finding seats at Busch.

And I admit, I'm kind of a Hypocrite in saying that since I'm going next month. But it's a sunk cost for me so I kind of have to bite the bullet on this shitty baseball team.
So it's really just sort of a way for the FO to blame Contreras for the struggling pitching? Sounds like a mess.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:31 PM 05-06-2023
So it's really just sort of a way for the FO to blame Contreras for the struggling pitching? Sounds like a mess.
It's a valid argument. There was a reason the Cubs' only offer to Contreras came 3 years ago to buy out his arbitration years and none of his FA years. He's a terrible catcher. He's also really fucking bad at calling a game and handling a pitching staff was rumored to be one of the main reasons Hoyer didn't want him and elected to go with a couple of guys that ONLY bring that to the table. Save Stroman, the entire Cubs pitching staff was a full run better throwing to Gomes last year.

The appeal to Contreras was that you could theoretically put him behind the plate and have a really good hitting catcher. Problem is, if you find out your entire pitching staff takes a hit and sucks dick and have to move his bat to the OF/DH then his bat isn't so hot any more.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:35 PM 05-06-2023
Wouldn't suprise me one bit. Mo and Ollie are both arrogant dickbags.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:41 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It's a valid argument. There was a reason the Cubs' only offer to Contreras came 3 years ago to buy out his arbitration years and none of his FA years. He's a terrible catcher. He's also really ****ing bad at calling a game and handling a pitching staff was rumored to be one of the main reasons Hoyer didn't want him and elected to go with a couple of guys that ONLY bring that to the table. Save Stroman, the entire Cubs pitching staff was a full run better throwing to Gomes last year.

The appeal to Contreras was that you could theoretically put him behind the plate and have a really good hitting catcher. Problem is, if you find out your entire pitching staff takes a hit and sucks dick and have to move his bat to the OF/DH then his bat isn't so hot any more.
But if he's such a terrible catcher such that the pitchers are going to suck that badly with him (which I guess will be proven now that he's getting benched), then why sign him at all? Especially to 5 years?

It all comes back around to the FO anyway.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 120
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up