ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 35
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:01 PM 08-10-2023
What? Nobody watching Spain v Netherlands????
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:13 PM 08-10-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I am.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:45 PM 08-10-2023
That was a really good match.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:51 PM 08-10-2023
Very nice winning goal. Spain definitely deserved that win. The Japan Sweden match should be a really good one tonight too, but I don’t think I’ll be able to stay awake for that one.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:56 PM 08-10-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
That was a really good match.
Agree, well fought match...
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:12 AM 08-11-2023
Sweden is looking good so far and earned the lead. If this result holds we’ll officially have a first time champion this year. There have definitely been some fun matches and the semifinals and finals could be some very good matchups. I’ll be hoping Australia can win one for the home fans, but that France matchup is going to be so tough tomorrow.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:18 AM 08-11-2023
It is no Eighty Years War
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:37 AM 08-11-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Very nice winning goal. Spain definitely deserved that win. The Japan Sweden match should be a really good one tonight too, but I don’t think I’ll be able to stay awake for that one.
Didn't see sweden pulling that off. They are sneaky good.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:43 AM 08-11-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Very nice winning goal. Spain definitely deserved that win...
They did seem like the better team all the way through.

Felt bad for BeerStein (or whatever her name really is) who missed twice right before the winner.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:58 AM 08-11-2023
They did seem like the better team all the way through.

Felt bad for BeerStein (or whatever her name really is) who missed twice right before the winner.
Yeah. She had some tough misses. She missed a wide open cross for a goal too. She’s the type of player that can get forward into space, but lacks that finishing touch. That speed she has is something else, though. If she had a finishing touch she would probably be the best player in the world.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:46 AM 08-15-2023
The end of Sweden\Spain has been bonkers.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:58 AM 08-15-2023
Fun last 10 minutes in that one for sure! Spain definitely deserves to be in the final. They’ve looked very good all tournament.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 05:30 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Matildas going all the way idgaf
Our Prime Minister has said he wants to give us a public holiday if the girls win it all.

And beating the poms on home soil tomorrow would be amazing :-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:05 PM 08-15-2023
I had high hopes for the MLS v Liga MX Leagues Cup finally seeing a competition that was not as limited as CONCACAF is to see some of these teams match up and take it seriously. A lot of people were skeptical about it which I totally understand but this entire tournament has been extremely entertaining.

Messi coming in and doing his thing...I was hoping Philly would figure something out tonight but it was not meant to be. Currently watching Nashville and Monterrey in the other semi final. No idea how LAFC let them score 3 in the second half to come back but the Mexicans almost got shut out of the final 4.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:26 PM 08-15-2023
Damn, that was the PKs you wanted to see out of the US. Really good match all around despite the score
[Reply]
Page 28 of 35
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up