ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 74
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:06 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
That study Hamas posted was full of assumptions and large margin for error. He knows that.
Keep moving those goalposts. First there was no way to know. Now the study has numerous assumptions and a large margin of error?

Tell me, in your experience with biostatistics, what is a large margin of error? What is the 95% confidence interval of life expectancy lost for this study?
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:06 PM 05-12-2020
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:13 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Keep moving those goalposts. First there was no way to know. Now the study has numerous assumptions and a large margin of error?

Tell me, in your experience with biostatistics, what is a large margin of error? What is the 95% confidence interval of life expectancy lost for this study?
I said there was no way to know with any accuracy. Unless you have a crystal ball that tells you when people are going to die, you have to admit that’s true.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:25 PM 05-12-2020
I said there was no way to know with any accuracy. Unless you have a crystal ball that tells you when people are going to die, you have to admit that’s true.

On an individual level this is true, but it is decidedly false when analyzing population health due to the number of inputs. The precision of their confidence interval is not particularly broad.

That's why we can say what 5 year survival rates are for certain cancer diagnoses and average life expectancy for people on dialysis. Some will live for weeks, others years. By tracking enough of these we can say with confidence what the average is.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:28 PM 05-12-2020
That study Hamas posted was full of assumptions and large margin for error. He knows that.
Hamas posted an evidence based estimate that included estimates of the margin for error. To say it is unknowable demonstrates a lust for ignorance. Every scientific study has assumptions. Scientists are just incredibly careful to tell people what their assumptions are. If the assumptions are unreasonable, it doesn't get past peer review. Assumption-based science is science. Is science perfect? No. But it is an honest search for truth.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:41 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Fauci has been studying science since college in 1957. He has been the country’s infectious-disease leader since 1984. Yet many who have “studied” this virus for 10 weeks feel it fair and righteous to call him a fraud and believe media screamers.-We need to trust scientists.— Peter King (@peter_king) May 13, 2020
What about the scientists that have came out against Fauci and his past and those that have also disputed several of the things we as a whole are doing to keep this virus under control?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TimBone 10:50 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yes, I've met Direkshun's mother
Heyoooo

Yeah, I know I'm late as fuck on that one.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:49 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What about the scientists that have came out against Fauci and his past and those that have also disputed several of the things we as a whole are doing to keep this virus under control?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Those are all Reagan rightwing nutters, only interested in making Corona political. Remember what Ronald Reagan said.
" never let a good crises go to waste"
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:08 AM 05-13-2020
Man this has been a tough week for the world. No matter where you stand on reopening, there were a lot of deaths worldwide, outbreaks in countries that reopened which have way more restrictive measures in place, countries that can enforce stay at home measures and have widespread testing. I get the economy needs to restart, land of the free. Kick this motherfuckers ass! That's us, but we don't have the answer yet. We are literally in year 1939 of WWII. Before "D Day" We had to plan and build our invasion, it took years. The nfl is done for the next two years unless we respond like it's 1941 and produce some serious weapons to combat our enemy.
That is all,
Everyone who has a brain.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:13 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Man this has been a tough week for the world. No matter where you stand on reopening, there were a lot of deaths worldwide, outbreaks in countries that reopened which have way more restrictive measures in place, countries that can enforce stay at home measures and have widespread testing. I get the economy needs to restart, land of the free. Kick this motherfuckers ass! That's us, but we don't have the answer yet. We are literally in year 1939 of WWII. Before "D Day" We had to plan and build our invasion, it took years. The nfl is done for the next two years unless we respond like it's 1941 and produce some serious weapons to combat our enemy.
That is all,
:-)
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:17 AM 05-13-2020
Fauci is like FDR for the war on the virus, go from there on the leadership. Don't listen to anyone else when it comes to the virus.
[Reply]
RollinWithMahomie 04:25 AM 05-13-2020
Man this has been a tough week for the world. No matter where you stand on reopening, there were a lot of deaths worldwide, outbreaks in countries that reopened which have way more restrictive measures in place, countries that can enforce stay at home measures and have widespread testing. I get the economy needs to restart, land of the free. Kick this mother****ers ass! That's us, but we don't have the answer yet. We are literally in year 1939 of WWII. Before "D Day" We had to plan and build our invasion, it took years. The nfl is done for the next two years unless we respond like it's 1941 and produce some serious weapons to combat our enemy.
That is all,
Must have football!
[Reply]
RN47 05:00 AM 05-13-2020
Fauci is like FDR for the war on the virus, go from there on the leadership. Don't listen to anyone else when it comes to the virus.

Disregard all other points of view save for one man? I'm not sure I would ever do that; whether it be business, making a high dollar purchase, a sports take, or regarding the health of my family or myself.

No, I don't think I will.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:38 AM 05-13-2020
Fauci said we should never shake hands ever again.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:55 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Fauci said we should never shake hands ever again.
Why does that matter...it's not like it's something you absolutely have to do.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 74
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up