ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 62
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:41 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Mahomes 3 INT "worst" game of the season still compares much more favorably to Aaron Rodgers worst game of the season, which was a blowout loss to Tampa (he had 160 yards passing 2 INTs and 0 TDs).

At least Mahomes had 2 TD passes and almost 400 yards passing, AND most importantly a win in his "worst" game of the season.
I’m not disagreeing with any of that. But we don’t get a vote.
[Reply]
NEOM 10:15 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I know it's hard to believe, but it's possible to turn someone like OBJ into a real weapon.

Your QB just has to be really good, that's all.

Again, no one is disputing that, Rodgers does have weapons but it is more about the Chiefs being in a better set up from an overall perspective, due to the fact that Reid, Bieniemy are far better and experienced than LeFleur and Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hardman are better than Adams, Jones, MvS..
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:23 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by NEOM:
Again, no one is disputing that, Rodgers does have weapons but it is more about the Chiefs being in a better set up from an overall perspective, due to the fact that Reid, Bieniemy are far better and experienced than LeFleur and Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hardman are better than Adams, Jones, MvS..
Why do you keep ignoring how much better Green Bay's oline is?
[Reply]
NEOM 10:46 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Because that Oline got burned everytime it faced a proper opponent / defence, ist was the case last year, and it is the case this year, speak to Packers fans, they dont trust their defence and are concerned about their Oline.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:47 AM 12-16-2020
Where do these people come from? :-)
[Reply]
diqlix 11:11 AM 12-16-2020
Allen is 3rd in MVP odds.

I know, I know, he sucks, vegas knows nothing, no need to say it.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:24 AM 12-16-2020
Sports media makes me laugh.

They have memories that last only as far as the last game and they apply those memories to make proclamations that are wildly over-the-top.

This week’s edition:

Mahomes has no chance to beat Rodgers for MVP (because he had one bad game out of 13)

The Browns are a serious threat to the Chiefs (because Baltimore doesn’t know how to play defense)

Lamar Jackson is unbeatable (because Cleveland doesn’t know how to play defense)

Pittsburgh may not win another game (OK, I agree with this one)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:34 PM 12-16-2020
I've watch Rodgers sit back in the pocket with no one getting close to him. I wish Mahomes had that sort of time back there.

I think it's funny how they downgrade Adams & Jones on their team to build up Rodgers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:36 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Allen is 3rd in MVP odds.

I know, I know, he sucks, vegas knows nothing, no need to say it.
:-)

Your inferiority complex is showing. :-)

No seriously, I think you could make a case for him being 3rd. The Bills aren't where they are without him and he has the numbers.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:24 PM 12-16-2020
I mean, when the mvp vote comes down to which great supporting cast is worse that's a pretty good sign that either one would be a good choice. Of course my homer side wants it to go to mahomes. But this isn't like 2018 when brees was getting overhyped. Can't say I'll be all that mad if Rodgers wins it. He's having one hell of a year.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:26 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, when the mvp vote comes down to which great supporting cast is worse that's a pretty good sign that either one would be a good choice. Of course my homer side wants it to go to mahomes. But this isn't like 2018 when brees was getting overhyped. Can't say I'll be all that mad if Rodgers wins it. He's having one hell of a year.
Agreed.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:27 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by NEOM:
Because that Oline got burned everytime it faced a proper opponent / defence, ist was the case last year, and it is the case this year, speak to Packers fans, they dont trust their defence and are concerned about their Oline.
:-)

I talked to my friend who is a Packers fan. It's because their scheme doesn't handle the blitz well and Rodgers can't do Mahomes crazy shit where he backpedals away and fires.

The Packers Oline is far better than the Chiefs, every expert ranking confirms this.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:45 PM 12-16-2020
If Mahomes lights up the Saints and has a couple of those "franchise" throws (i hate that term) then he'll cement himself as league MVP.

The whole nation will be watching this "SB preview", and as others have said, these media types have about a 2-game memory.

Ice this one and that's all they'll fucking remember.

Fuck it up, Rodgers wins the MVP.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:45 PM 12-16-2020
Rodgers can't do Mahomes crazy shit where he backpedals away and fires.
Lol wut.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:48 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol wut.
Rodgers was the best off-platform passer in the NFL until Mahomes. Mahomes can just do even crazier things to get the ball off when he is blitzed than Aaron can right now.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 62
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up