ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 43
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:25 AM 11-18-2020
Yeah, but it allows us to know what we have with him. Which is huge.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:27 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.
You must have just watched American Psycho...amirite? :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:28 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by malachi47000:
Classic stuff. :-)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:41 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They didn't trade picks to get Clyde. LB is not a big enough need to trade picks. LB isn't a big enough IMPACT to trade picks.

That's the issue.

They have a ton of holes right now that require quantity rather than quality, especially along the offensive and defensive lines. If they need to trade to go get a stud WR or TE, fine.

This board is WAY too obsessed with linebackers. They can find another Willie Gay-type player without blowing a bunch of draft capital.
After seeing the defense gashed against the run and screens and shallow routes normally covered by linebackers constantly finding success against our defense, I wonder why people are interested in improving at linebacker.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM 11-18-2020
Uh the Chiefs signed Johnny Townsend to the PS, so we need the punting brothers both on the roster?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
After seeing the defense gashed against the run and screens and shallow routes normally covered by linebackers constantly finding success against our defense, I wonder why people are interested in improving at linebacker.
That's a completely different discussion.

I never said we don't need to upgrade at linebacker. Obviously we do.

The discussion is about how much they need to upgrade and how much they should spend to do it.

Drafting LB's in the 1st round, especially trading multiple other picks to get up there, is a waste of resources. You could get another Willie Gay at the end of the 2nd round and have a top WR or skill player as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They need to just keep stocking talent anywhere on the roster. The surest way to tank the roster is start reaching for need.

If the best player available is a tight end, draft him and figure out the rest later.

Now yes, there are some times when you need to chase needs. When it’s a qb or a LT etc. but if you see one of those difference makers at those spots you like, go get the guy.

But otherwise, just accumulate talent
:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:56 AM 11-18-2020
Once they integrate Gay fully as the WLB in nickel packages and Hitchens plays the MLB spot, I think we will find that they aren’t bad there. It’s just an athleticism issue that gets them at times, but Gay is going to fill that hole.

We will need better depth there but I don’t think it’s a starting role need necessarily. DE is going to be a more pressing issue than anything this offseason defensively.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Once they integrate Gay fully as the WLB in nickel packages and Hitchens plays the MLB spot, I think we will find that they aren’t bad there. It’s just an athleticism issue that gets them at times, but Gay is going to fill that hole.

We will need better depth there but I don’t think it’s a starting role need necessarily. DE is going to be a more pressing issue than anything this offseason defensively.
Gay is being groomed to be Damien Wilsons replacement, he's gone after this year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:01 AM 11-18-2020

2021 should be Hitchens' last year on the team, he's not worth his $10+ million salary, and it's finally feasible to let him go after next year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 AM 11-18-2020

If they don't get better depth on the line, it won't matter what they do at LB. The LB's will have offensive linemen in their face on every play. Even great LB's don't play consistently well when having to fight off 300-pounders.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:03 AM 11-18-2020
2021 should be Hitchens' last year on the team, he's not worth his $10+ million salary, and it's finally feasible to let him go after next year.
To be fair Hitchens has been really good this year
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:05 AM 11-18-2020
If they don't get better depth on the line, it won't matter what they do at LB. The LB's will have offensive linemen in their face on every play. Even great LB's don't play consistently well when having to fight off 300-pounders.
Isn't it a bit ridiculous that worrying about the DL is still an issue? Jones and Clark are making about about a quarter of our salary cap combined. Pennel, Saunders, Nnadi, and Wharton make up what should be a solid DT group behind Jones. Yet the DL is still part of a defense that's middle of the pack in pressures and apparently isn't great against the run either. Something doesn't add up.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:06 AM 11-18-2020
Luckily it seems to be Veach’s philosophy that you build a deep DL above all else on defense.

DT looks pretty solid right now but I’d still try to bring Pennel back another year. DE is where it’s hairy. We need 3-4 additions to the 2021 roster there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:07 AM 11-18-2020
Isn't it a bit ridiculous that worrying about the DL is still an issue? Jones and Clark are making about about a quarter of our salary cap combined. Pennel, Saunders, Nnadi, and Wharton make up what should be a solid DT group behind Jones. Yet the DL is still part of a defense that's middle of the pack in pressures and apparently isn't great against the run either. Something doesn't add up.
They’re right where they were this time a year ago.

Coming off of the bye with the playoffs on the horizon, I expect the whole DL to pick it up a couple notches. They’ll show up when it matters most.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 43
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up