ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 60
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:47 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Well Andy being in a small market is going to slide because the vaunted Cowboys and Jason Garrett layed down a bigger shit show than Andy last night. The talking heads are all over the Boys and Jer being Jasons daddy and cant can him. There has been barely a peep about Andy's bed wetting yesterday afternoon. Way to go picking a small market team you can experiment your play calling with while going to his beloved LA and Philly smelling like a rose after going out early in postseason. Good gig if you can get it.
A lot of good teams bit it yesterday. But I daresay nobody bit it in the unbelievable fashion that the Chiefs did. So we got that going for us...:-)
[Reply]
Three7s 03:47 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I love how HB was calling people out yesterday saying we need more dawgs on this defense but yet when we needed a crucial stop he makes a business decision. **** him

I remember seeing the false start live, but thought I was just seeing things. Pretty obvious on that clip. As far as HB, no reason you don't just hammer Tannehill there.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:48 PM 11-11-2019
Then Clark is trying to play patty cake with Tannehill meanwhile Niemann has no clue where the ball is
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:51 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
A lot of good teams bit it yesterday. But I daresay nobody bit it in the unbelievable fashion that the Chiefs did. So we got that going for us...:-)
Going back to the early 80's only 2nd time in 91 NFL games where a team so statistically dominated a game and lost :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:52 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Really? We are now the Chargers with this one loss? No chance this year for a SB and not another good chance for another 4 years? We have the MVP? Hill? Doesn't matter? Really?

:-)Let's slow the "we are finished in this era" roll.
As I and a few others have pointed out coaches get to the SB within 5 years after that it is a long shot. Plus only 6 coaches ever have taken 2 different teams to the SB.

The issue isn't with the offense either it is with the defense sucking for 3 straight years.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:54 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Well Andy being in a small market is going to slide because the vaunted Cowboys and Jason Garrett layed down a bigger shit show than Andy last night. The talking heads are all over the Boys and Jer being Jasons daddy and cant can him. There has been barely a peep about Andy's bed wetting yesterday afternoon. Way to go picking a small market team you can experiment your play calling with while going to his beloved LA and Philly smelling like a rose after going out early in postseason. Good gig if you can get it.
Not on Sirius XM. Those guys have been crushing Reid starting from last night on.
[Reply]
old_geezer 03:56 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
In the 70s and 80s, I used to let these kinds of losses ruin my day if not my whole week.

Then after 28 years of failure in 98, I got so upset during the playoff loss to Denver, I knocked a ceiling tile out of my bosses house while watching the game there.

For years the Mrs. has known not to go in the same room where I am watching the game.

Now, yesterday, I didn't even let it get me upset or bother me. I immediately went outside and did something productive.

Don't get me wrong, I was not happy, but it isn't something I can control, it is entertainment.
This used to be too. Now the losses still piss me off but I don't let it ruin the rest of my day. My comic relief is to hop on ChiefsPlanet and read the thread titles and comments from some of the members. I'm usually laughing before I get done. :-)
[Reply]
FAX 03:57 PM 11-11-2019
When you stare into a nuclear reactor, does your goatee fall out too?

FAX
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 04:00 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
It's like a bunch of bitchy women on their periods.

I'd get it if we just got bounced early from the playoffs, but the only significance of this loss is that the #1 seed probably is out of reach. That's literally it.

Well, that and the defense took a step back. But I blame that largely on the inexplicable decision to make Pennel inactive and limit the snaps of our other run-stuffers. I assume they won't make that mistake again.
brave of you to think the mistake making is over
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:03 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Going back to the early 80's only 2nd time in 91 NFL games where a team so statistically dominated a game and lost :-)
That's our Chiefs...setting records of futility!
[Reply]
srvy 04:10 PM 11-11-2019
It was the 90's for me. It's honestly why my wife does not like the Chiefs at all. Ever since the 2006 loss to the Colts...I have really calmed down. It's not worth it and I don't need my wife dreading a Chiefs game because of my potential reaction. I had to grow up and I really have.

The last 5 seasons or so, I've found myself sometimes missing the kickoff or a bunch of the 3rd quarter because there's stuff she needs me to do. It doesn't bother me, because I know that missing it or watching it makes no difference regarding the outcome. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss games much, but if I had to, I won't let it kill me.
For me its like.

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:12 PM 11-11-2019
That's our Chiefs...setting records of futility!
I'd be more worried if we were the team that got dominated but found a way to pull it out of our ass.
[Reply]
underEJ 04:14 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
In the 70s and 80s, I used to let these kinds of losses ruin my day if not my whole week.

Then after 28 years of failure in 98, I got so upset during the playoff loss to Denver, I knocked a ceiling tile out of my bosses house while watching the game there.

For years the Mrs. has known not to go in the same room where I am watching the game.

Now, yesterday, I didn't even let it get me upset or bother me. I immediately went outside and did something productive.

Don't get me wrong, I was not happy, but it isn't something I can control, it is entertainment.
In 1977, my father stomped the back porch off the house after the chiefs got their asses handed to them by the browns. I saw how stupid that was and I never get that upset. It is hard sometimes, though! I might have felt pretty good after a porch stomping yesterday. :-) I opted for the do something productive route like you.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:14 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You also swore up and down that Rankin was hot garbage, and yet he’s played well enough that CP is crying rivers of tears that his season is likely over.

The reality is that Matthieu is a leader but also an emotional player. Is it so crazy that he’d get defensive being attacked after the game and tweet something out and then realize his mistake once he got some space and perspective? Does this make him phony? Or human?

Drama queens are out in force right now on CP.
Exactly.

The guy is a human being and very emotional. That was a tough loss when Chiefs basically had the game won. Then to have to read tweets from fans talking shit couldn't have been easy. The guy has a right to defend himself. He isnt a robot.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:14 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
What do people not understand about the Mahomes factor?

If he's proven he can nearly win a SB with McNabb, and reach several conference title games, and win a ton of games with Alex Smith.....how the fuck is it considered impossible to win one with arguably the most talented QB in history?

Does anyone ever step back and listen to themselves?
Like are you implying Pat by himself is going to get us to a Super Bowl and win it? That's just not true but ok.

What the fuck is the "Mahomes factor"? Of course it helps having an all time generational talent at the position.

Even Pat couldn't overcome this bumbling goof in an MVP season...
[Reply]
Page 28 of 60
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up