ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 94
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:08 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
I agree for the most part, but don't kid yourself, this defense is probably not better today. Houston and Ford were not the biggest reason we were a 31 defense. We've dismantled the only positive aspect to the defense, but we did it to give us the financial flexibility to try and build a defense more in line with what Spags needs.
That's where I'm at. I get trading them away. But we left a huge void on a D that already needed a ton of help. Why wouldn't we try to get that back with someone who can contribute right away. The halfass way they went about rebuilding the D in 2018 and now the way we're punting picks to 2020, the team seems to be content with waiting until Mahomes is really expensive instead of taking advantage of the years when he's cheap.

Even if we traded for a lower 2019 pick... I would much rather have had that.
[Reply]
Coach 08:09 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
What are you basing that off? Because you've watched him on Sundays for a few years?
Yeah.

Look, he's a great pass-rusher and he has a good step. But his run game is not very good. And he has a little problem on lining up correctly, for some odd reason.

Additionally, guys with back injuries are a risky business.

See what happened to Berry once he got paid? He hardly was on the field anymore.

See what happened to Houston once he got paid? His production has declined, and never came close to his 22.5 sack season.

Finally, him being a 4-3 edge is not ideal, as he is too light for that position.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:09 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Trading Ford is fine

I am a little worried we got rid of Houston tho.

We still need an edge rusher, starting lb and a corner.
You are worried about dropping a $20m cap hit on a guy that performs at half the value of a $20m pass rusher?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:10 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Probably
And you thought the #12 pick could somehow be involved at one point

:-)

Stick to just using your sources for takes
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 08:10 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'm hoping a trade for Peterson is coming.

I too don't think Ramsey is getting traded. They're in win now mode after signing Foles and I doubt they want to get rid of a top 5 corner.
I’m hoping for xavien Howard. Young but already proven and still can get better
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:11 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It’s not by accident that Veach said give me the 2020 2nd over a 2019 3rd. He’s doing this with the long term in mind.

A year from now before the draft, cap space is going to be harder to come by with Mahomes, Hill, and Jones all paid huge deals. They will need all of the early cheap draft picks they can get.

It’s a great long term play.
If cap space is harder to come by, why wouldn't you want a 3rd rounder who can contribute for 2 years pre-Mahomes contract instead of a 2nd rounder who can compete just 1. That logic only makes sense if we didn't have a terrific window right now.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:11 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Coach:
Dee Ford is a big poster child of a "Contract Year".

The Chiefs got burned several times from some guys who did that, and once they got paid, they reverted to a JAG or practically useless.

Dee Ford is nothing special to write home about. I wish him luck in SF.
So, Dee never flashed prior to this year??? He didn't have 10 sacks just 2 years ago?

You guys are making shit up... he isn't the poster boy for anything. You guys don't even know him enough to make that assessment...

AND AGAIN... WE ARE PAYING THE HONEY BADGER $14MM PER YEAR... LOL... You guys are questioning Ford's character, when KC just signed a dude who was kicked off his college football team cause he liked smoking weed...

But yall are worried about Ford quitting after a big payday... LOL...
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:12 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Thanks for sharing. So we have 4 top 100 picks in this years and next years draft. Veach has to hit on most of those
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:12 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
So, Dee never flashed prior to this year??? He didn't have 10 sacks just 2 years ago?

You guys are making shit up... he isn't the poster boy for anything. You guys don't even know him enough to make that assessment...

AND AGAIN... WE ARE PAYING THE HONEY BADGER $14MM PER YEAR... LOL... You guys are questioning Ford's character, when KC just signed a dude who was kicked off his college football team cause he liked smoking weed...

Fuck a college kid who likes to smoke weed. He should have gotten the death sentence
[Reply]
-King- 08:13 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah.

Look, he's a great pass-rusher and he has a good step. But his run game is not very good. And he has a little problem on lining up correctly, for some odd reason.

Additionally, guys with back injuries are a risky business.

See what happened to Berry once he got paid? He hardly was on the field anymore.

See what happened to Houston once he got paid? His production has declined, and never came close to his 22.5 sack season.

Finally, him being a 4-3 edge is not ideal, as he is too light for that position.
Lol so because Berry didnt play much after his contract that means Ford won't either? Wut? Why sign anyone to a long term deal then? They can get injured too and not play!

And why are people dismissing the fact that this would have been a contract year for Ford anyways? If he was just playing great for a contract then he'd have to play great again. And his run defense is nowhere near as bad as people make it seem. Our main run problems were runs down the middle. Not runs to Ford's side.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:13 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And you thought the #12 pick could somehow be involved at one point

:-)

Stick to just using your sources for takes

And you are patting yourself on the back for saying chris Jones was a top 15 pick in the draft before the draft. Where'd we draft him at again?

Shut the fuck up. And don't act like I said Ford for the 12 because I never fucking did
[Reply]
Frazod 08:13 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:

I was actually more worried about his stupid fucking ass lining up offsides and costing us another Super Bowl.

FUCK. HIM.
[Reply]
Munson 08:13 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:
Irony:

Weren’t the Chiefs playing the Niners when Ford decided to literally run away from the ball carrier?

[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:13 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Dude Dee Ford go enjoy your 90 million dollars. Get the **** out of here
Sorry, I have a brain, and I'm not blinded by one fucking play...
[Reply]
Coach 08:13 PM 03-12-2019
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rs-source-says

Originally Posted by :
The Niners are expected to give Ford a multiyear deal in the range of five years and $87.5 million, the source said.

[Reply]
Page 28 of 94
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up