ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 130
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:55 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Jake Allen :-)
More of a Penguins fan myself, but I can't get overly excited about hockey anyway.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:23 PM 04-16-2017
The wheels have completely come off. This is the worst Cardinals team since the pre Tony years
[Reply]
bdj23 09:30 PM 04-16-2017
Glad i decided to skip that Fenway/PNC vacation
[Reply]
Swanman 10:00 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Our cleanup hitter just bunted.

Fire this ****ing idiot
1) It would be nice if we actually had a cleanup hitter and
2) You know that Gump loves the bunt.

It's quite clear at this point that Mozeliak was benefiting from work done by others prior to him taking over as GM. Add to that his blind devotion to the concussed idiot in the dugout and you have a GM that needs to be unemployed.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:13 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Glad i decided to skip that Fenway/PNC vacation
Going to the Cards/Braves series in Atlanta in a couple of weeks.

I think I'll wear my Chiefs stuff. :-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:55 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Going to the Cards/Braves series in Atlanta in a couple of weeks.

I think I'll wear my Chiefs stuff. :-)
C'mon! We might win 1 of 3.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:05 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
C'mon! We might win 1 of 3.
We're going to the Friday night and Saturday night games. With my luck they'll win on Sunday.
[Reply]
VAChief 06:33 AM 04-18-2017
They won't do it, but they should consider cutting Peralta loose. He is due 10million this year I think, but he doesn't give you anything that Gyorko doesn't give you. That would free up Carpenter to go back to 3rd, which is another thing they probably won't do, but it is their best lineup.

Let Adams and Martinez/Gyorko platoon at 1B. Bring Pham or Bader up for a "true" 4th outfielder who can play defense in the late innings when needed instead of Adams/Martinez.

Oh, and someone snip whatever that grey mare's tail that Carlos tied onto his hair after his opening day gem.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Oh, and someone snip whatever that grey mare's tail that Carlos tied onto his hair after his opening day gem.
Someone should've told him that you never fuck with a winning streak.

His game against Chicago was as good a game as he's ever pitched; probably as good as he's capable of pitching. He had everything working wherever he wanted it in that game.

You don't go making changes after an outing like that; bad mojo.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:22 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone should've told him that you never **** with a winning streak.

His game against Chicago was as good a game as he's ever pitched; probably as good as he's capable of pitching. He had everything working wherever he wanted it in that game.

You don't go making changes after an outing like that; bad mojo.
He reminds me of Andujar mentally, at least Carlos is young. Hopefully he can mature and realize he has to go out with the razor's edge every start. He won't always have his best physically, but mentally he has to be more consistent. As soon as I saw that thing hanging off the back I thought "well this should be interesting."
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:28 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by VAChief:
He reminds me of Andujar mentally, at least Carlos is young. Hopefully he can mature and realize he has to go out with the razor's edge every start. He won't always have his best physically, but mentally he has to be more consistent. As soon as I saw that thing hanging off the back I thought "well this should be interesting."
Andujar is a good comparison. I hate to say it but no one would be surprised if CMart were the next player to get into an accident in the DR. His mind is his weakness which really showed in the 11K 8BB performance against the Yanks.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:33 PM 04-18-2017
I posted this in the Royals repository and I figure everyone in here would also be interested. Here is a new stat idea from Nate Silver. I really like this. There is a lot of interesting information at the link.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lief-pitchers/

Originally Posted by :
But there’s a solution. Building on the work of Baseball Prospectus’s Russell Carleton,2 I’ve designed a statistic and named it the goose egg to honor (or troll) Gossage. The basic idea — aside from some additional provisions designed to handle inherited runners, which we’ll detail later — is that a pitcher gets a goose egg for a clutch, scoreless relief inning. Specifically, he gets credit for throwing a scoreless inning when it’s the seventh inning or later and the game is tied or his team leads by no more than two runs. A pitcher can get more than one goose egg in a game, so pitching three clutch scoreless innings counts three times as much as one inning does.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 04-18-2017
People that get annoyed by a stat are assholes. People that think the answer to that is to add another stat are bigger assholes.

Seriously, if you don't like the !@#$ing save stat, ignore it. This idea that managers are losing baseball games to get their relievers saves is idiotic - they aren't. They're losing baseball games because they don't have a good enough reliever to get the job done in that spot.

Every team that's actually TRIED to do what the stat-heads say (just ignore saves!!) ends up regretting it horribly by about June. It doesn't work. And this idea that the 9th is the same as any other inning completely ignores the fact that the pitchers tasked with throwing said inning don't even believe that and perception is reality when dealing with athletes.

The cottage industry that has sprung up around bitching about RBIs, Ws and Saves drives me fucking nuts. As does Nate Silver weighing in on anything. Ever. Go away, Nate Silver.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:00 PM 04-18-2017
Starling Marte just bought an 80 game rip for Nandrolone. That's too bad for the Pirates.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:18 PM 04-18-2017
Greg Garcia back in the lineup at 3rd today. Let's hope ironhead keeps it that way for a while. Peralta is terrible.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 130
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up