ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 59
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
tomahawk kid 01:10 PM 10-09-2015
Eagerly anticipating the Ahsoka vs. Vader showdown.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:45 PM 10-09-2015
Yeah. That trailer is good. Looks like they're going darker and more epic than on the first season. I mean... the first season kind of started with a juvenile, Disney feel but matured as it went on. This one appear to have picked up with the mature tone.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:45 PM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Eagerly anticipating the Ahsoka vs. Vader showdown.
This.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:24 PM 10-09-2015
Awesome.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:59 PM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
Awesome.

This season could be the greatest Star Wars related series/property, ever. It looks like The Empire Strikes Back, but bigger and longer.

Dave Filoni and Simon Kinberg are absolutely nailing it. It looks better than I could imagine, even after watching every episode of the Clone Wars.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:29 PM 10-15-2015
New episode is out on torrent sites.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:46 PM 10-15-2015
Aaaaaaaand, I know what I'm doing tonight.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:19 AM 10-16-2015
Goddamnit I hate 2 part cliffhangers.

Grrrrrr.....

Please to kindly inform weekly when new torrents hit. Will rep and massage ego for information.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:32 PM 10-16-2015
Liked the first one except for the stupid fishing expedition. But they gotta keep some stuff for the kids.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:40 PM 10-16-2015
Quite honestly, I was a little disappointed in Episode 1 of Season 2 but that's probably because the trailers revealed so much.

Also, I can't even explain how much more I enjoyed The Clone Wars Series on Netflix for the simple fact that there are just too many commercials on Disney XD, or so it seems.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:21 PM 10-24-2015
Epi 3 of season 2 was great. They're doing a really good job with the characters on this show.

Rex and Asoka at the end was wonderful.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Epi 3 of season 2 was great. They're doing a really good job with the characters on this show.

Rex and Asoka at the end was wonderful.
In retrospect, S2 Episode 1 was an introduction for people that haven't watched The Clone Wars series.

I can't wait to see the 7th Sister and learn of her origins. It would be cool if she is somehow tied into Episode VII, whether it's her character or her origins.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:33 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In retrospect, S2 Episode 1 was an introduction for people that haven't watched The Clone Wars series.

I can't wait to see the 7th Sister and learn of her origins. It would be cool if she is somehow tied into Episode VII, whether it's her character or her origins.
I will ALWAYS picture SMG speaking dirty to me when she talks, yes.... :-)
[Reply]
kaplin42 09:44 AM 10-26-2015
I seriously can't be arsed to read this whole thread. If someone wouldn't mind, could you give me a yay or nay on watching this series?
[Reply]
NewChief 09:46 AM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by kaplin42:
I seriously can't be arsed to read this whole thread. If someone wouldn't mind, could you give me a yay or nay on watching this series?
From someone who really liked the Clone Wars and was originally a pretty big doubter of the Disney takeover in general and this series specifically as a representation of Disney (I didn't like the animiation and worried plot would be too childish), I heartily recommend Rebels.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 59
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up