ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 101
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:26 PM 01-11-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:28 PM 01-11-2021

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:29 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Browns33:
Browns can run the ball. If we shorten the game by pounding Chubb and Hunt and a couple tipped passes go our way you never know. Chiefs haven’t been dominate for a number of weeks and Denver almost took you down this way. Should be a great game guys!
I won't even disagree with you, but I will add that the Browns defense is in no way shape or form a good match anywhere for the Chiefs offense. They have never even seen anything close to what they are about to see. I expect a valiant effort from the Browns which will end in a predictable but respectable loss to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:30 PM 01-11-2021

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:39 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Steelers had ZERO QB hits yesterday. Fucking zero. TJ Watt absolutely no showed.
I didn't really focus on TJ, but as the game went on, I noticed a couple times that CLE's back-up OTs making some really good plays vs. TJ and company. Considering who they are, and who they were facing, I'd say they made some career-type plays.

But what helped those guys out more than anything was Stefanski's system of getting the ball out in a hurry. Baker averaged just 2.17 seconds from snap to throw for most of that game. Which can be done when playing with a big lead. He didn't have to throw that often, and he really didn't have a lot of deep throws.

Basically, Baker wasn't even giving PIT's DL a chance to get near him, he was getting rid of the ball so fast.

If I had a concern, it would be that the Browns' OL played very well against the best pass-rushing DL in the NFL, even when they brought extra blitzers. They generally picked up the blitz very well. Hopefully Spags will have some answers, but really it's going to come down to Patrick and the offense getting out to a two score lead and forcing CLE to abandon the run/PA game. Force Baker to become a pure pocket passer. That's the edge our defense is probably going to need in this one.

But when you look at that CLE defense, and how often they've given up big score totals, that's also the part of the equation I'm least concerned about. We'll score, and often. It'll look something like what we did vs. HOU in last season's playoffs. I'll be shocked if we score less than 35 points. Honestly, if we don't score at least 40 it'll be surprising.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:41 PM 01-11-2021
Browns defense:

22nd against the pass (in a division with a RB playing QB)
21st in points allowed
Middle of the league in sacks
19th in passer rating against
Middle of the league in yards per pass attempt allowed

Nothing about that makes me think they have any shot of slowing down our offense.

Yes, they can run the ball but that’s likely bringing a knife to a gun fight this week.
[Reply]
Mav 04:44 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I won't even disagree with you, but I will add that the Browns defense is in no way shape or form a good match anywhere for the Chiefs offense. They have never even seen anything close to what they are about to see. I expect a valiant effort from the Browns which will end in a predictable but respectable loss to the Chiefs.
The closest thing we saw this year in all honesty was the Cowboys before Dak got hurt, and that was with everyone healthy. The truth is we do not have the speed anywhere on defense to keep up with the Chiefs. Ward is really good, but coming off Covid, he will not be much of a factor. The only chance is to force turnovers, which the Chiefs dont do, and to contain Kelce, which we have no one capable of doing. My early prediction was 42-28 Chiefs.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:49 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I didn't really focus on TJ, but as the game went on, I noticed a couple times that CLE's back-up OTs making some really good plays vs. TJ and company. Considering who they are, and who they were facing, I'd say they made some career-type plays.

But what helped those guys out more than anything was Stefanski's system of getting the ball out in a hurry. Baker averaged just 2.17 seconds from snap to throw for most of that game. Which can be done when playing with a big lead. He didn't have to throw that often, and he really didn't have a lot of deep throws.

Basically, Baker wasn't even giving PIT's DL a chance to get near him, he was getting rid of the ball so fast.

If I had a concern, it would be that the Browns' OL played very well against the best pass-rushing DL in the NFL, even when they brought extra blitzers. They generally picked up the blitz very well. Hopefully Spags will have some answers, but really it's going to come down to Patrick and the offense getting out to a two score lead and forcing CLE to abandon the run/PA game. Force Baker to become a pure pocket passer. That's the edge our defense is probably going to need in this one.

But when you look at that CLE defense, and how often they've given up big score totals, that's also the part of the equation I'm least concerned about. We'll score, and often. It'll look something like what we did vs. HOU in last season's playoffs. I'll be shocked if we score less than 35 points. Honestly, if we don't score at least 40 it'll be surprising.
TJ and the Steelers seemed to be in quick sand. It happens to teams. I watched some of the first half and they were just no fast and seemed to have no desire to rally to the ball on D...
[Reply]
Mav 04:51 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
TJ and the Steelers seemed to be in quick sand. It happens to teams. I watched some of the first half and they were just no fast and seemed to have no desire to rally to the ball on D...
They bought the hype. Lost a game they claimed to want to lose week 17 to let the Browns in, and then got torn up because the Browns wanted it more.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:51 PM 01-11-2021
Browns can run the ball. If we shorten the game by pounding Chubb and Hunt and a couple tipped passes go our way you never know. Chiefs haven’t been dominate for a number of weeks and Denver almost took you down this way. Should be a great game guys!

Groundhog Day.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:53 PM 01-11-2021
Lets be honest here people, Pitt shit down their leg last night and lost the game in the 1st quarter making unforced mistake after mistake after mistake.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:56 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because he's certifiably insane.

He claims he's a Browns fan but here's a hardcore Alex Smith fan. So he latched onto the 49ers, then the Chiefs, and now the WFT.
Ever since I saw Lenny the cool to Otis Taylor and that defense.... I was hooked. Even when we sucked for DECADES. I couldn't switch teams. I have no idea how you can do that. I wished I could have done that in the 80's.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:56 PM 01-11-2021
It's all going to come down to whether or not the Chiefs offense executes early.

The Browns just don't have the horses on defense to stop them. Their hope is to run the ball and get into play action situations where they can go deep, like the Raiders did earlier in the year.

Just running the ball well won't be enough. They have to take the top off the defense. I don't know that they have the WR's for that but they need to make every effort to make the Chiefs play that way.

The problem is that if the Chiefs score early and get a lead, it takes Cleveland right out of their offensive game plan. Cleveland probably can't win a pure shootout.
[Reply]
493rd 04:59 PM 01-11-2021
How many teams win NFL football games when they turn the ball over 5 times like Pittsburgh did last night? As long as we don’t get sloppy with the football I can’t see Cleveland being able to stop us enough to win the game.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:00 PM 01-11-2021

Congrats on the win last night! You're probably going to be treated well here since all of us former AFC fodder teams for the Pats, Steelers, Colts and Broncos (and I guess the Ravens) have something in common. And you don't seem like some of the douchey Saints, Niners, and Bills fans we've dealt with over the past year.

That being said, the Browns realistically will need to score at least 35 points to have a shot in this game. I'm going to go ahead and assume the Chiefs will not turn the ball over 5 times. Not sure I see a path to 35 for y'all without that.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 101
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up