Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
eDave 02:38 PM 04-02-2021
Feels like Wolfie is now trading on dad's name.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:44 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I suppose this could/should have gone somewhere else, but i figured it would get seen more here.

Anyway...I was prepared to not like this based on the last song i heard, but I actually think this is pretty good. Would like some more guitar solo, but that's just me. What do you all think????

I know "Mammoth" is supposed to be a nod to the pre-Van Halen band name...but Woflie is big dude.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:11 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Feels like Wolfie is now trading on dad's name.
I don’t think so. His songs carry themselves just fine. He’s not even using his own last name in his titles, band name, credits. Mammoth is as close as he gets. And only hardcore fans will get that correlation.

Seems the only people who dislike him for being a VanHalen are mad he’s not more like his dad.

If you don’t like his music, don’t listen. I think the young man has talent. I’m impressed with his songs so far. I’ll be a fan of his to see where it all goes.
[Reply]
chieffan09 03:33 PM 04-02-2021
Definitely talented. His voice is his strongest talent, imo. Not my kind of music, but its put together well.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:29 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I don’t think so.... I think the young man has talent. I’m impressed with his songs so far. I’ll be a fan of his to see where it all goes.
I would agree with that generally. I didn't care much for the first balladish song that came out, but I kind of like this one.

Originally Posted by chieffan09:
Definitely talented. His voice is his strongest talent, imo.....
Agreed with that as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:31 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I don’t think so. His songs carry themselves just fine. He’s not even using his own last name in his titles, band name, credits. Mammoth is as close as he gets. And only hardcore fans will get that correlation.

Seems the only people who dislike him for being a VanHalen are mad he’s not more like his dad.

If you don’t like his music, don’t listen. I think the young man has talent. I’m impressed with his songs so far. I’ll be a fan of his to see where it all goes.
I saw the Van Halen reunion tour with Roth at Sprint Center. Wolfie did a solo turn at the mike for part of a song. The way I remember is that both me and the mrs. thought he wasn’t bad.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:38 PM 04-02-2021
I suppose this could/should have gone somewhere else, but i figured it would get seen more here.

Anyway...I was prepared to not like this based on the last song i heard, but I actually think this is pretty good. Would like some more guitar solo, but that's just me. What do you all think????

:-)

I like it. He is a very talented young man. His Pops cast a huge shadow, so it is good to see him step out and be his own man. VH never would have got back with Roth or did the last two CD's without Wolfie.
[Reply]
scho63 08:24 PM 04-02-2021
How often does this guy die?
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:34 PM 04-02-2021
I would agree with that generally. I didn't care much for the first balladish song that came out, but I kind of like this one.

Agreed with that as well.
Was actually surprised at how much I liked Distance, I thought it was a very slick but heartfelt debut

But yeah this new one really shows off the kids chops, if he tours this summer I'll catch him if possible
[Reply]
Dayze 08:35 PM 04-02-2021
I thought that sounded kick ass.
Dude is talented as fuck
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:41 PM 04-13-2021
Yes, I bumped it again with some important information (and pictures). Please file your bump complaints with the appropriate department.

Never seen the "no bozos" guitar before....

Four More EDDIE VAN HALEN-Played Guitars Go Up For Auction

Four Eddie Van Halen-played guitars have gone up for sale at online auction house Gotta Have Rock And Roll.

The guitars being auctioned are a 1986 custom Kramer striped guitar from VAN HALEN's "5150" tour, previously owned by VAN HALEN's guitar tech Kevin "King" Dugan; a Kramer Frankenstrat copy, which comes from Dan Handerson, a stage technician of Eddie's for a couple shows during the 1995 "Balance" tour; a "Tic Tac Toe" Charvel guitar; and Eddie's studio-played custom "No Bozos" guitar.

The 1986 Kramer striped guitar is expected to sell for between $600,000 and $800,000, while the hand-signed Kramer copy is estimated at $100,000-$150,000. The "No Bozos" is expected to sell for between $20,000 and $30,000, with the "Tic Tac Toe" model estimated at $200,000-$250,000.

Over the weekend, a Frankenstrat guitar originally owned by Eddie Van Halen was sold for $50,000 via Heritage Auctions. The instrument was made for Eddie circa 1984 by Steve Ripley, who was renowned for his stereo guitars that Eddie used on songs like "Top Jimmy". Built from a Kramer Striker very early in the Ripley/Kramer era, as it does not have stereo, the instrument is believed to have been used by Eddie as a backup guitar on the "1984" and "5150" tours in the mid-1980s.

Last December, Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang criticized an auction of three of his late father's guitars. The instruments were sold for a total of $422,050 through Julien's Auctions as part of a larger music memorabilia event called "Icons & Idols". The 30-year-old said the sellers were "taking advantage of my father's passing", and he had "nothing to do with" the sale. "I don't EVER plan on selling any of my father's iconic guitars," he said.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/four-m...p-for-auction/
[Reply]
TLO 01:49 PM 04-13-2021
Died for the 59th time in like 6 months. Been a rough one.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:59 PM 04-13-2021
Who?
[Reply]
RockChalk 02:02 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Died for the 59th time in like 6 months. Been a rough one.
Got a while to go in order to catch up to John Goodman
[Reply]
Brody Wa 02:13 PM 04-13-2021
What round will we draft Wolfie in as a left tackle?
[Reply]
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Up