ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:08 AM 03-23-2024
That wasn't a trade. If we were only getting a third next year, they should have just removed the tag and taken the comp picks next year. I don't see the point of giving him away for a 2025 3rd.
[Reply]
O.city 07:09 AM 03-23-2024
You aren’t for sure to get a comp pick if they sign a fa
[Reply]
Rausch 07:10 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Fuck that... Maybe divisional rivals. Sneed was a perfect fit for Detroit who had picks and cap to make the trade. I highly doubt Detroit was thinking, "shit, we can't trade with the Chiefs, we may give them something that will beat us in the first Superbowl we would ever play." No one wanted to pay Sneed the average of $20m per, with over $50m Guaranteed and give up a 2nd.
No, the deal was no team wanted to pay his $20+ AND trade his value in draft picks. Most GM's will do one or the other but Sneed is 27/28 and has had knee issues in the past. If some team was getting a deal on the money or the draft picks this would have gone differently.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:12 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
You aren’t for sure to get a comp pick if they sign a fa
The absolute best we would have gotten in comp pick is a high 4th rounder anyway.

I'd prefer to load the clip with as many bullets as possible for 25.
[Reply]
nicksdad 07:12 AM 03-23-2024
"sure third round pick " NEXT YEAR ? what haul for a second team all pro corner. well played
[Reply]
In58men 07:14 AM 03-23-2024
Facts

$55 million guaranteed is $10.5 million more than the next highest guaranteed amount for a CB in NFL history. For a 27-year-old player with medical question marks who has never made a Pro Bowl or All-Pro team in his career.

It’s not what good players cost, it’s an overpay. https://t.co/nCIz3E6sb7

— Andrew Moore (@AndrewMooreNFL) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
nychief 07:19 AM 03-23-2024
Overpay or not... I hate the return. I'd have rather fiddled with the money and kept him one more year to run the defense back at full strength.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:21 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Facts

Sneed got his bag and I'm happy for him. The big jump in cap this year meant inflation was going to hit. This was the year loose spenders were going to see an opportunity to spend big with little consequence. Some guys were going to go way over value. It's what happens.

It's also why we didn't sign guys early because we were not in the market to overpay this year. I wanted to think I was wrong, I wanted to believe Clark would say "Fuck it - let's go get that 3peat" but that isn't what happened.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:22 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
No, the deal was no team wanted to pay his $20+ AND trade his value in draft picks. Most GM's will do one or the other but Sneed is 27/28 and has had knee issues in the past. If some team was getting a deal on the money or the draft picks this would have gone differently.
I think we are saying the same thing. Others saying the teams won't trade with the Chiefs because of our success may be true for some teams, but not other teams, like the Lions. The Lions looked at it like you and I stated, and decided not to trade for Sneed, not because they were scared of giving the Chiefs and advantage.
[Reply]
notorious 07:26 AM 03-23-2024
Opening this thread this morning is like opening a Christmas present that only has socks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:28 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Opening this thread this morning is like opening a Christmas present that only has socks.
Maybe socks with a $19.80 gift card, or $55.00 over 4 years to spend as you like...
[Reply]
Rausch 07:28 AM 03-23-2024
I think we are saying the same thing. Others saying the teams won't trade with the Chiefs because of our success may be true for some teams, but not other teams, like the Lions. The Lions looked at it like you and I stated, and decided not to trade for Sneed, not because they were scared of giving the Chiefs and advantage.
Ture. I don't think the Lions cared who the team trading Sneed was. Completely different conference. GM's are going to consider worst case as well and if Sneed blows his knee out in week 8 this year people will scream about all the money and a 2nd round pick paid for him.

That's too much cost in a guy with some risk. Not a ton, I think the knee is overblown, but there is some. I'm also not going to pretend like I understand all the nuances of the Lion's coverage schemes other than them being ass. How good a fit? What are their plans in round 1 or 2 of the draft at the position?

A lot of moving parts and when Sneed put his $22 mil request out there and everyone other than the Titans stepped away from the table that was it. There was no bidding war. There was no leverage...
[Reply]
notorious 07:31 AM 03-23-2024
Maybe socks with a $19.80 gift card, or $55.00 over 4 years to spend as you like...
Not from our point of view.

The thing is we NEED socks, but it's not a very exciting present. Who knows, that 3rd rounder might end up being the best damn socks we've ever worn.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:31 AM 03-23-2024
Like I said, it's obvious now the Chiefs weren't paying Sneed this year or extending him at this level. The trade gives us cap space and certainty for our draft. If we don't make the trade, Sneed threatens a hold out(don't think he would as $20 mil is $20mil) but that still would have the drama of Sneed not showing up until he absolutely had to and make it a shit show again this year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:34 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Not from our point of view.

The thing is we NEED socks, but it's not a very exciting present. Who knows, that 3rd rounder might end up being the best damn socks we've ever worn.
but we have the gift card to spend now... you can't just ignore that value. We have other good socks in our dresser, what we really need is a nice pair of gloves (LT).
[Reply]
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up