ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 42
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Unique Military Weapons
Easy 6 05:45 PM 08-02-2013
Cant recall ever seeing a thread on this topic so i thought it was time we had one... this thread is dedicated to military weaponry of any kind, from any era or nation.

There is a seemingly endless array of novel, fascinating, revolutionary or even ill-fated hardware out there so subject material shouldnt be a problem.

First entry coming up shortly...
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:52 AM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Yes. Being forced to due something under threat of imprisonment is slavery.
That sounds more like servitude. Slavery is forced submission; work, or we beat the shit out of you until you work. I don't think of it having a large element of personal choice.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:57 AM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
That sounds more like servitude. Slavery is forced submission; work, or we beat the shit out of you until you work. I don't think of it having a large element of personal choice.
Work or get put in a cage doesn't sound like forced submission to you? That is quite a unique distinction.....
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:40 AM 01-14-2018
Ok guys, I appreciate you patronizing this thread, but this conversation is threatening to get it shipped off to DC if it goes on much longer... and it was never intended to go there

Please try to get it back on track
[Reply]
srvy 06:56 PM 02-05-2018
China deploys first electromagnetic railgun on a warship.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...e7b1af4639c5ed

[Reply]
Randallflagg 02-05-2018, 07:42 PM
This message has been deleted by Randallflagg.
Randallflagg 07:44 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:

If there is ever another "big one" - I would hate to see what might be unleashed by opposing forces.....
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:49 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Who doesnt love lasers?

UFO - ALIEN DECEPTION - LASER WEAPONRY
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:50 PM 02-05-2018

Let's just surrender now..

/liberals
[Reply]
srvy 07:57 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Let's just surrender now..

/liberals
They mounted it to a troop carrier because the size of the power supply. Duck on the water?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:59 PM 02-05-2018
They mounted it to a troop carrier because the size of the power supply. Duck on the water?
Hawaiians (the people) are have taken to the sewers, can they come out now, is it safe?
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:40 AM 02-06-2018

Meh, they might have some prototype they wanna test there, but I seriously doubt they've advanced past us with this, or anything else for that matter
[Reply]
Otter 01:25 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Meh, they might have some prototype they wanna test there, but I seriously doubt they've advanced past us with this, or anything else for that matter
Granted I am not an expert on rail guns but I do know the Reader's Digest version. At this point they seem like much more hype and keeping up with the Jones' more than a practical weapon of war. A big, ugly, impractical, glorified cannon is the last thing I'm worried about when it comes to the Chinese.

They should have just mounted Rosie O'Donnell to the deck.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:42 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:
Granted I am not an expert on rail guns but I do know the Reader's Digest version. At this point they seem like much more hype and keeping up with the Jones' more than a practical weapon of war. A big, ugly, impractical, glorified cannon is the last thing I'm worried about when it comes to the Chinese.

You first... :shudder:
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:07 PM 02-06-2018

Said the cannon manufacturer about the musket.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:45 PM 02-06-2018

Yeah they're great on paper, just seems like the tremendous amounts of energy needed to continually fire them is whats killing it so far... but the Navy is nonetheless pressing ahead

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the...r-combat-23699
[Reply]
Otter 03:47 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Said the cannon manufacturer about the musket.
Didn't mean to say that the rail gun will never be practical but right now (the technology info I have access to anyway) it looks to me like it's in the early development stage which makes it impractical due to it's sheer size and energy requirements. But the info I have access to is limited to the internet so...

If anyone knows more than I do I'm certainly open to learning more about the technology.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 42
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up